Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: Brute: SG  (Read 33261 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brute: SG
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2019, 07:25:47 am »

You exhort these warriors on. “The people need us! There will be time for celebration later, for our labor is not yet finished!”

With you inspiring and leading them, they gather their weapons and equipment and march from the ruined castle, for the 3 days march to the city. (The City was called Caskbound, you were soon told)

But of course it could not be easy for you and you men. At night, for you could march no more and needed rest, a sorcerous blast hit the rocks above you, and so began an avalanche of stone. Your men cried out in panic as huge boulders began to tumble down the hill towards the camp.

What do you do to save your men? (Be aware that really no matter how ridiculous, if it involves strength or leadership, I have to give a 6, ensuring almost too much success)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2019, 07:35:27 am »

Then clearly we must order our allies to keep out of the way as we uproot a nearby pine and set it horizontally against the oncoming tide of stone, thus blocking the avalanche completely!

If there is no tree nearby suitable to our purpose... catch boulders and chuck them at other boulders. We're good at chucking boulders.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2019, 09:46:45 am »

Then clearly we must order our allies to keep out of the way as we uproot a nearby pine and set it horizontally against the oncoming tide of stone, thus blocking the avalanche completely!

If there is no tree nearby suitable to our purpose... catch boulders and chuck them at other boulders. We're good at chucking boulders.

Heh, yes. +1
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2019, 10:15:21 am »

You rush to the edge of the camp, commanding that everyone move away from the avalanche. Live a wave they do so, leaving you alone as the tumbling stones come ever closer. You grab one tree and with a mighty yank you uproot it. You transfer it to one hand and you grab an equally mighty tree and heave it from the earth.

Two trees in hand you rush back to the center and extend both trees out, making a makeshift wall. Boulder collide with the trunks and stop cold, tremors shaking your arms. One stone flies directly towards you, but you headbutt it and it shatters into chips. Finally the last stone settles, and you set the trees down. Your camp has a new wall!

You approach the city, though you see the foundations of a massive Hellgate before you see the city itself. The city sits in a wide flat valley with a river coursing through the middle. The city appears to be holding,  but even as you watch, the Hellgate actives and legions of Black Knights march out. 

You have a ragged band of 140 infantry (all the horses died), set against the might of thousands.

What do you do?
A. Lead your forces to the gates of the city. The walls will not fall on your watch, and you will (probably) gain the command of the city guard.
B. March to the Hellgate, they will never reach the city, for you are vengeance. Walls will only slow you down.
C. Something else? (My options aren’t optimized, generally being the first few things I think you can do. Feel free to improve suggestions!)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2019, 10:37:28 am »

Yell out to the greatest soldiers mankind has made across time and space, and lead them all into a grand charge against the legions of Hell itself!

(Yes, I am trying to use sheer power of leadership to get soldiers from the past and future. :D)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2019, 10:52:19 am »

Yell out to the greatest soldiers mankind has made across time and space, and lead them all into a grand charge against the legions of Hell itself!

(Yes, I am trying to use sheer power of leadership to get soldiers from the past and future. :D)
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2019, 03:04:09 pm »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2019, 03:17:32 pm »

+1
+1
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2019, 03:31:10 pm »

Hmm I don’t think you can use leadership to summon things from across time and space but...

You stand before your warriors, and you tell them about what they face, and the victory that will be theirs. You tell them that before you stand 140 of the greatest warriors of man. Your words wash over them, stripping them of their fear and leaving only courage in its wake.

The 141 charged down the hill, possessed by a righteous fury. They were no longer just tired and ragged warriors, they were unstoppable champions.

They waited for you, long deep lines of Black Knights, unbreakable and unshaken, spears and swords poised and ready to strike. You struck their lines like a meteor, blazing through their lines. Their thick armor crumpled and shattered, bodies thrown into the air like leaves in a gale. Behind you the 140 warriors charged behind you. While not matching your strength, they were inspired and unstoppable. They moved faster than what should have been possible, strong and sure in their strikes. The legions of the Black Knights fell before them. Each Black Knight could take on 20 human warriors comfortably. Now each Knight has to wield al of his skill to fend off one.

As the battle raged on, it seemed that a portion of your enemies strength went to your champions, for they too did not tire in battle, instead only growing more determined. Terrible blows and amazing skill at arms was shown on both sides, as you bore through their ranks, the outcome became certain as your warriors cut more and more down. Never before had such fearsome battle taken place in the world. 

All 140 of your champions arrived with you at the Hellgate, the legion of black knights broken as before you stood what surely must of been a Prince of Hell. Standing 8 meters tall, it rippled with the power of death itself. Black steel burned with dark flame, covering the monster from head to toe. In one hand lay such a beautiful sword it must have been claimed from the Heavens themselves, but a dark virulent power coursed through it. Surrounding it was a fearsome guard of monsterous Knights, transformed by dark powers. Your champions fell to their knees from the sheer presence of the Prince, and even you felt it’s unearthly power. It raised its hand to you and beckoned.

What do you do?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2019, 03:39:26 pm »

That sword will be ours. Claim our trophy and kill purify the remaining adversaries.

(I've been watching a lot of OFF stuff recently, ok?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2019, 03:41:52 pm »

That sword will be ours. Claim our trophy and kill purify the remaining adversaries.

(I've been watching a lot of OFF stuff recently, ok?)
+1 what does OFF stand for?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2019, 03:45:40 pm »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2019, 03:52:37 pm »

Oh, what’s the show about? I thought it stood for something  since capital letters often mean anagrams/initials

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2019, 04:19:18 pm »

It's not a show, it's a game.

And it's about purifying the world.

...just read the TvTropes page, it's far too weird for me to really explain it suitably.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28