Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT  (Read 54812 times)

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LET'S FIX THE WIKI! - A DF COMMUNITY PROJECT
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2020, 12:05:50 am »

Updated the main post.

I'd personally like to see the adventure mode page updated. As well as some info on escaped necromancer experiments. And finally some info on the new generated structures.

What are the new structures you're referring to? So I can add them to the list.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2020, 12:07:36 am »

The raw examples for the experiments show them having associated spheres (deformity, night), and I suspect the other new night creatures might too; when we obtain raw examples for all of them we should make sure to update the sphere page.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2020, 10:58:16 am »

While poking around in Legends Viewer (thanks, Kromtec) I have discovered the goals Attain Rank in Society, and Bathe World in Chaos, therefore am calling dibs on a little update! Don't expect anything too amazing, though...

kennoot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2020, 08:58:21 pm »

Hey, would it be helpful for me to list the age at which a creature reaches full size? Some animals take, say, a year to reach adulthood, but 2 years to reach full size, and knowing that is important for the meat industry.

To that end, would editing the animal template to include a "Full size at x years" make it so all articles with that template have that field?

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2020, 10:18:12 pm »

Wouldn't that be the `Adult at` age listed on the animal pages?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2020, 10:34:45 pm »

Hey, would it be helpful for me to list the age at which a creature reaches full size? Some animals take, say, a year to reach adulthood, but 2 years to reach full size, and knowing that is important for the meat industry.

To that end, would editing the animal template to include a "Full size at x years" make it so all articles with that template have that field?

Yes, it would be useful.

Wouldn't that be the `Adult at` age listed on the animal pages?

No animals keep growing after becoming adult.  I think the most extreme example is http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Dragon but it happens commonly.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2020, 09:30:38 am »

I believe there was a list asked for at some point, which was overlooked, IIRC.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2020, 02:08:33 am »

Could a mod/admin delete the [imghttps://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php?title=DF2014:Instrument&action=edit]http://Instrument[/img] page? And maybe move the plural version to the singular name to comply with rule N (singular names) while you're at it.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2020, 05:08:28 am »

The advanced world generation page http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php?title=DF2014:Advanced_world_generation is missing information on some of the new parameters, specifically

[ALLOW_DIVINATION:1]
[ALLOW_DEMONIC_EXPERIMENTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_EXPERIMENTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_LIEUTENANTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_GHOULS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_SUMMONS:1]

Presumably the settings are 1 for on and 0 for off.  If anyone feels confident that they know what each does it would be useful information to add.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2020, 07:02:06 am »

The advanced world generation page http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php?title=DF2014:Advanced_world_generation is missing information on some of the new parameters, specifically

[ALLOW_DIVINATION:1]
[ALLOW_DEMONIC_EXPERIMENTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_EXPERIMENTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_LIEUTENANTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_GHOULS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_SUMMONS:1]

Presumably the settings are 1 for on and 0 for off.  If anyone feels confident that they know what each does, it would be useful information to add.

Slightly confusing wording there.....each, you say? You do know that demon and necro experiments are more or less the same thing, right? And yeah, AFAIK, I can confirm that all are binary toggles.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2020, 07:56:51 am »

I say each because these are the (copy-pasted) tags/switches provided by Toady in world_gen.txt.  But maybe he's confused about it?  I posted here because I don't know much about the workings of these parameters in the hope that someone else who did might pick up the slack.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2020, 08:27:04 am »

I say each because these are the (copy-pasted) tags/switches provided by Toady in world_gen.txt.  But maybe he's confused about it?  I posted here because I don't know much about the workings of these parameters in the hope that someone else who did might pick up the slack.
Ah. That aside, if anything, there doesn't seem to be much to know from my experience - its just on/off switches for mostly necromancy  and divination-focused stuff ATM - portents of mythgen and the Big Wait, I'd have thought.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2020, 02:42:00 am »

All the curse sections need a ton of work. There also is no template for v47.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2020, 08:44:06 am »

Nice as the new interaction examples page happens to be...there's no actual explanation about what interactions are, either. As a semi-layperson, my reading has led me to infer that they're mostly used in creature modding, correct? But beyond that, there's no explanation on that page, or anywhere else that that kind of explanation might be likely to be.   

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2020, 05:54:21 pm »

Nice as the new interaction examples page happens to be...there's no actual explanation about what interactions are, either. As a semi-layperson, my reading has led me to infer that they're mostly used in creature modding, correct? But beyond that, there's no explanation on that page, or anywhere else that that kind of explanation might be likely to be.
Huh, you're absolutely right. Huh.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15