Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 421861 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #2985 on: March 18, 2023, 03:37:19 pm »

I'm looking forward to my turn to come!

Although I'm not even sure what I'm gonna do! I feel like I reached the cap of experiences by resurrecting Bral lol

I'm thankful that all my characters are immortal now I'm always wondering how much time will pass in the world before I next jump in

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: March 18, 2023, 05:19:31 pm »

Started my adventure.

With the number of CTDs I have experienced, it might be a rather vague adventure.

EDIT: Who owns Falsetower? You took over a couple of sites of the Knowing Deceiver, so as past and future law-giver, Dreamypuzzled feels bound to retake those sites. She may also attack Falsetower itself. Up to you on that one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 05:43:16 pm by TheFlame52 »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: March 18, 2023, 06:07:40 pm »

I did, Falsetower was were the dwarves were "inspired" by a certain bark scorpion preaching his anti goblin sentiments hence the many battles against the goblins. I am sure you will see the statue in the centre of the tower dedicated to this. Feel free to do so, interested to see what comes of this. Hope you can face the undead of Falsetower.

Also Avolition Holyblood decimated The Knowing Deceivers population to half of what it was during my last turn if that helps you plans.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 06:35:07 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: March 18, 2023, 07:33:06 pm »

Started my adventure.

With the number of CTDs I have experienced, it might be a rather vague adventure.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I just don't get how it crashes that much for many people but not me. I breezed through Orid Xem from the Cradle of Omon Obin to Vacirayali and back and I haven't had one crash. Granted, I haven't explored the south, but the biggest concentration of settlements and, presumably, creatures is to the north. The only crash I had was in fortress mode in that weird interaction between human caravan leaving and migrants arriving while playing a human fort. The only confirmed static crash site I know is Iroram, and that's because I've been trying repeatedly to see how can I unbork it.

Anyway, I hope the rest of the game is a lot more fun and un-crashy for you. Good luck.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: March 19, 2023, 11:15:19 am »

I did, Falsetower was were the dwarves were "inspired" by a certain bark scorpion preaching his anti goblin sentiments hence the many battles against the goblins. I am sure you will see the statue in the centre of the tower dedicated to this. Feel free to do so, interested to see what comes of this. Hope you can face the undead of Falsetower.

Also Avolition Holyblood decimated The Knowing Deceivers population to half of what it was during my last turn if that helps you plans.
I need to kill like ~250 creatures in order to "fill" my weapons, so it seems I know where those kills are coming from. However, two of those weapons are crossbows. They aren't very effective against the undead. I'll figure something out.

EDIT: I have arrived in Falsetower. I am going to murder and rob my way through the entire dwarven population. I'm also going to be using reveal, because I don't have the RL time to search every single exploratory tunnel for dwarves and artifacts. :(
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 07:00:36 pm by TheFlame52 »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: March 19, 2023, 06:55:41 pm »

EDIT: I have arrived in Falsetower. I am going to murder and rob my way through the entire dwarven population. I'm also going to be using reveal, because I don't have the RL time to search every single exploratory tunnel for dwarves and artifacts. :(

Good luck, that place is swarming with intelligent undead and necromancers. Have fun!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: March 19, 2023, 06:55:51 pm »

Good luck!

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: March 19, 2023, 07:02:31 pm »

Good luck, that place is swarming with intelligent undead and necromancers. Have fun!
They have no skill or equipment, and Dreamypuzzled is an experienced adventurer. I've yet to be struck on this turn. Also, I found an artifact bronze morningstar that Avolition used to kill like 270 things laying in a random exploratory tunnel? Isn't that important? I'm going to grab it.

There will be a formal write up later. I have been taking screenshots.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: March 19, 2023, 07:09:15 pm »

I mean, if i recall there are some military trained ones but they might have moved away from the site. Additionally necromancers might raise eachover to fight but if they are spread out then that makes sense. Ah that was a weapon left behind during my last stay there. Who knows what it will bring.

It menaces with goblin souls.

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: March 20, 2023, 05:48:49 pm »

I killed everyone in Falsetower. I even went around and killed the patrols. Except one dwarf. The chief medical dwarf, now mayor. He is indestructible. I barely escaped with my life.

I still need about 200 more kills. Now what? Should I continue my grudge against the dwarves of the Walled Dye? Against Avolition? What needs killing in this world?

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: March 20, 2023, 06:08:25 pm »

The blight is probably still a problem. That Law-Giver I killed was replaced by yet another blighter thrall. Then there's the thrall that killed my last character. As for monsters... I don't know. It depends how close Dreamypuzzled is to his own kind, if not, he could always make his way to the depths of the world through several means to get demon kills. Datanzalìs Stinugosh likely has an open gateway to hell and adventurers have reported going to hell through underworld spires in goblin capitals. Then there are of course vaults where he could farm angel souls.

Except one dwarf. The chief medical dwarf, now mayor. He is indestructible. I barely escaped with my life.
Dreamypuzzled: My powers rise with each kill while these useless mortals remain as weak as ever! I am invincible!
Dreamypuzzled some time later: What... what is that creature?! It cannot be a mere dirt-born! Get away! G-get away from meeeeee!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 06:11:29 pm by Lurker Z »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: March 20, 2023, 06:28:17 pm »

Ah interesting, wonder what the name of that dwarf is. He must be studied.

Really curious to see what you decide to do. 200 hundred Walled Dye dwarves would be half of the living population of the walled dye and would be around 1/5 of the total dwarven population

Yeah. Always demons to fight. All i will say is The Most Sin have an ongoing war with The Knowing Deceiver with them being the far large goblin civilization they had taken pot shots at his civilization.

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: March 20, 2023, 06:41:19 pm »

If you've never played Adventure Mode with light armor and no shield, I definitely recommend it. The battles are legendary.

The blight is probably still a problem. That Law-Giver I killed was replaced by yet another blighter thrall. Then there's the thrall that killed my last character. As for monsters... I don't know. It depends how close Dreamypuzzled is to his own kind, if not, he could always make his way to the depths of the world through several means to get demon kills. Datanzalìs Stinugosh likely has an open gateway to hell and adventurers have reported going to hell through underworld spires in goblin capitals. Then there are of course vaults where he could farm angel souls.
Blight... there's an idea. I'm in the far south. Is it down there? I didn't stop in any human settlements on my trip, because the one time I did my game crashed. As far as demons, Deepvaulted isn't too far from here. Dreamypuzzled basically hates everyone who isn't willing to follow them, so demons are fair game. I robbed Falsetower blind on my way out... I'll stash the treasures there. Perfect. 8)

Except one dwarf. The chief medical dwarf, now mayor. He is indestructible. I barely escaped with my life.
Dreamypuzzled: My powers rise with each kill while these useless mortals remain as weak as ever! I am invincible!
Dreamypuzzled some time later: What... what is that creature?! It cannot be a mere dirt-born! Get away! G-get away from meeeeee!
Ah interesting, wonder what the name of that dwarf is. He must be studied.

Really curious to see what you decide to do. 200 hundred Walled Dye dwarves would be half of the living population of the walled dye and would be around 1/5 of the total dwarven population

Yeah. Always demons to fight. All i will say is The Most Sin have an ongoing war with The Knowing Deceiver with them being the far large goblin civilization they had taken pot shots at his civilization.
He was a dark one, and those have the propel effect. Which means I was constantly stunned and getting thrown into walls. He also had an iron mail shirt and steel helm. I got him to drop his hammer, but couldn't pull off his armor. He didn't even have combat skills! At least to start with. He just WOULD NOT DIE.

Also there were only like 30 dwarves there. Not exactly a massive, bustling fortress. I haven't done too much damage to the Walled Dye.

EDIT: oh god what is happening at deepvaulted i have 1 fps

Spoiler: wtf (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 07:03:22 pm by TheFlame52 »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: March 20, 2023, 07:05:09 pm »

The blight's tricky, you'll find it when you're not looking for it and if you go randomly, you can go through dozens of deserted settlements without finding any.

Two certain hot spots are the capitals of two human civilizations, one of the Empire of Peaks, not sure of the other.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: March 20, 2023, 07:34:05 pm »

I have been to Deepvaulted a couple of times and it is always absolutely overrun with animals. Seems to happen to some forts. Eagle men might be friendly?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 265