Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 63741 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2020, 02:35:04 pm »

Maybe I should have also bought a kill camouflager and made it look like a dop did it as well too in that case?
NGL that would have been hilarious, in a very "fuck you for being like that" kind of way.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2020, 03:06:02 pm »

Wait what? Post #216: "Game ends"

Also, there was an "invalid lynch target" message for roseheart, but not Meph. Therefore: Mephansteras

Heydude wouldn't actually be at the top of my lynch-list. Having used his large slot, he is one of the most predictable players from hereon. He is both less likely to break the mass-suicide plan and a lesser personal threat compared to players with fewer knowns.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2020, 03:18:42 pm »

Heydude6 I think you chose the wrong person to kill. This is what I think. You killed Tric because he voted you. You panicked and killed him. Then you tried to act like you did it to gain 'information' when honestly TricMagic was just a paranoid Termie. If you wanted to kill anyone, it should've been Webadict, he wanted to kill himself,  and made a wild claim that he set an assassin bot to kill him. But where is it? no where. Killing Webadict would've been the best option. No one would've I thought it was you and we would've thought that Webadict went through with his plan.

Webadict is a good player who has said a lot of valuable things. He’s basically our leader so far.

Also, Why the fuck would I want to hide the fact that I was the one who killed him?! All that would do was create unnecessary paranoia and confuse our team. Maybe I should have also bought a kill camouflager and made it look like a dop did it as well too in that case?

1. Webadict a leader? What type of joke is that? If you are a norm termie how certain are you that Webadict isn't the dopp? From what I read from your previous post you were pretty critical about his day 1 mass suicide pact. So why did you write  he gave value information when it contradicts what you said previous to this new claims of yours.

2. Because telling the truth might make people think you made an honest mistake? You can't be serious? There were better targets you could've picked yet you chose the one who was voted against  you? Don't you see how this paints a picture against you? Killing TricMagic also go against what you wanted...

plan

This assumes that everybody has the same Exterminator win condition and everybody believes it. Do you believe your win condition?
If I didn't, there would be nothing to believe, and we'd be headless chickens.

You could disbelieve it, perhaps the win-con is the complete opposite of what was given to us. Maybe the goal is to survive a night without having any of us die. With 11 players, keeping the paranoia under control would be a challenge worthy of a mafia game.

*IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*

That's why I want to vote No-lynch. In addition to this being my hypothesized win-condition, I also believe doing this is our best way of finding out if there is a hidden dop team after all. Dops must kill, for that is their twisted nature, but the 'termies as I shall now call us have the capability to exercise some self-control. I believe this is worth looking into since the opening does say that there 3 dops.

Even if I turn out to be wrong, we can always try the mass-suicide strat next day. If webadict's wincon theory is right (ie. a posthumous victory is possible), then we don't actually all have to die at the same time. 3 of us could die day 2, 4 could die day 3, and the remaining 4 will have a much easier time pulling off a MAD.

The stunt you just pulled only set us back instead of forward. TricMagic was the only one who voted against you and it would've bounced back when the majority voted No Lynch. Tell me, why would you kill TricMagic if we needed more information to confirm that there is a hidden dopp team?Why couldn't you just waited for tomorrow?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2020, 04:37:31 pm »

The Monitor
heydude6: Jim Groovester, Luckyowl, Shakerag, webadict
webadict: Toonyman
No Lynch: heydude6

I am still not a valid Lynch target.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday.

I have corrected the previous vote tally to remove TricMagic's votes and the mistake about Game vs Day. That was in error. I do not expect the game to end this day.

Meph:  Assume a player has a mind shield item.  Can they de-activate it for a night?  Can they discard the item completely?

Yes, a Mind Shield can be turned off or discarded completely.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2020, 05:38:35 pm »

Jim Groovester

Ideological purity

wtf game of mafia am I playing
Bastard Mafia! Where working together and the power of friendship are the keys to success.

Ideological purity was my biggest reason for killing Tric though. He was opposed to mass suicide so I thought I’d eliminate someone who could potentially go against the plan, just like webadict is planning to do. I was honestly thinking of killing you too Caz, but I didn’t want to risk you having anti-tech.

Why TricMagic over any of the other people who weren't fully subscribed to the mass suicide strategy? Was it because he was voting you?

The people who disagreed with the plan were TricMagic, Jim Groovester, Toonyman, Caz13 and of course myself Heydude6
  • I didn't kill you Jim, because you are an active player and Webadict was already planning on doing that to you with a plasma bomb at night. The only thing that can stop that is being role-blocked with a stun orb or bomb. It would be a waste.
  • I didn't kill Toonyman because 1) I don't know if he has an anti-tech field and 2) He's also a decent player and seems to be person most likely to discover an alternate win-con if there actually is one.
  • Caz was the other person I was seriously thinking of killing, but I didn't know if he had anti-tech and I wanted to see if he would start saying more later in the game.
  • I didn't kill myself because I wouldn't be alive to explain my actions.
In my opinion, Tricmagic was the most expendable among you guys. Yes, he gave us the intel reveal which was really helpful, but afterwards he didn't contribute that much compared to those other guys. A lot of people are pissed off about the fact that I didn't try to assassinate scum, but you don't usually get strong scum-reads on day 1. At the very least I wasn't getting any. I was likely going to kill an inno regardless, so my assassination philosophy was instead focused on killing off the the player who would I expected to contribute the least in the future. A discordant Tricmagic who already shared everything of value that he knew falls along those lies.

4maskwolf

Who would have been a better person to shoot?

From your perspective, not his.
Anybody whose name wasn't Tricmagic or webadict.  While there's a certain logic behind "Tricmagic won't let go of the scumteam paranoia, might as well get rid of him so he doesn't screw up the plan" we could always lynch him if he was being a problem and his death wasn't likely to tell us anything.  My list of "people who, even if the game is completely fucky, are almost certainly regular exterminators" was, at the time, webadict and Tric (it now includes you and I'm contemplating adding Caz to it) so I would have killed anyone outside of that on the off chance that I hit someone with a role outside of our current understanding of the game.

I understand that logic, but even when you remove those 4 people you still have a high chance of killing a regular 'termie, or even worse, targeting someone with an anti-tech field. As I explained to Jim (you should read what I wrote to him), my priorities were to kill the player whose loss would have the least negative outcome on the game. I also had a preference for players who I knew didn't have an anti-tech field. This lead to me focusing on people who did not support the mass-suicide plan since they could cause problems when it was time to implement it, and among those I chose Tric because he wasn't contributing much after he revealed his intel and because he was vulnerable.

I knew I likely wasn't going to kill someone who wasn't a vanilla 'termie, but I believed that killing anyone would have revealed something of value. Unfortunately, it seems like I was wrong about that, but on the bright side, that's more evidence to support the mass-suicide idea.

Luckyowl

Wow.

Where do I begin...

1. Webadict a leader? What type of joke is that? If you are a norm termie how certain are you that Webadict isn't the dopp? From what I read from your previous post you were pretty critical about his day 1 mass suicide pact. So why did you write  he gave value information when it contradicts what you said previous to this new claims of yours.

2. Because telling the truth might make people think you made an honest mistake? You can't be serious? There were better targets you could've picked yet you chose the one who was voted against  you? Don't you see how this paints a picture against you? Killing TricMagic also go against what you wanted...
The stunt you just pulled only set us back instead of forward. TricMagic was the only one who voted against you and it would've bounced back when the majority voted No Lynch. Tell me, why would you kill TricMagic if we needed more information to confirm that there is a hidden dopp team? Why couldn't you just waited for tomorrow?

1. Webadict a leader? What type of joke is that?
Yes, of course Webadict is a leader! He is the one who masterminded the whole Mass-suicide plan to begin with and and it's the plan most people are supporting right now. A leader is someone who people follow and that's what people are doing. Also, he didn't just come up with the plan. He has consistently been backing it up with strong arguments and has successfully been pointing out the flaws in other plans including my own.

If you are a norm termie how certain are you that Webadict isn't the dopp? From what I read from your previous post you were pretty critical about his day 1 mass suicide pact. So why did you write  he gave value information when it contradicts what you said previous to this new claims of yours.
You can never be certain, but Webadcit has been a strong player so far. I also don't think a dop would push mass-suicide this much.

From what I read from your previous post you were pretty critical about his day 1 mass suicide pact. So why did you write  he gave value information when it contradicts what you said previous to this new claims of yours.
If you haven't noticed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I started to doubt my original plan. Pacifism is very hard to pull off and it likely isn't going to give us much information, which is what you need for a bastard game. Web has not given us information in the way Tric has, but he has done a good job at backing up his ideas and poking holes in other peoples arguments. He's forcing us to play stronger.

Please name a better target than Tric who also lacked an anti-tech field. I already explained my rationale for picking Tric in my replies to Jim and 4mask so please read that. And of course I know it makes me look suspicious, but a true townie is willing to get lynched if it helps the cause! I have no reason to fear death, especially if that's our win-condition.

The stunt you just pulled only set us back instead of forward. TricMagic was the only one who voted against you and it would've bounced back when the majority voted No Lynch. Tell me, why would you kill TricMagic if we needed more information to confirm that there is a hidden dopp team? Why couldn't you just waited for tomorrow?
Now this is where I have to laugh! Right before Tric died, we were just talking about how we needed Flips to push the game forward and I provided one.
If that wasn't silly enough, you are then brazen enough to say that we were going vote no-lynch! That couldn't be any further from the truth. Very few people wanted a no-lynch. They wanted it so little that a massive bandwagon was piled on me for being one of the few people in favour of it. There was no tomorrow for me!

So why would I let my tech go to waste? All the information we already had was discussed to death, so I thought I would provide some more before I finally kicked the bucket. Being able to discuss a flip in day 1 is an incredibly valuable opportunity because it allows us to plan our night-game better. Though I'm sad Tric's death didn't reveal more, it does at least give more evidence to support Web's mass suicide plan.

I really don't like how you made that post though. You made multiple lies in an attempt to make me look bad and I can barely comprehend why you would do something like that. You called Web's leadership a joke, you said the town was going to vote no-lynch, and you said Tric's death set us back even though a flip was exactly what we needed at that point in time. These aren't simple rookie mistakes, the falseness of those statements is too obvious. And let's not mention the time when you said my best play for town was to kill one of our best players and then hide it.

Which is why I think something fishy is going on and I would like us to get to the bottom of it. When I die, I want Luckyowl to be the next person we look at, though while you're still alive I would like you to explain the meaning behind this statement:
Why do you claim to be capable of doing the impossible? If you're an exterminator, the only thing you can do at night is kill or use tech. Neither of those actions are methods of proving innocence, and its a moot point anyway, because I'm pretty sure we're all supposed to be "innocent" anyway.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2020, 06:30:51 pm »

heydude6
My crack theory was that the psychic presence in the role PM was simply making us think we were exterminators, even if we weren’t.
I'm sorry, the what?
... So, anyway, let's lynch heydude6.
I do think the psychic presence could be important to the game, but you pulled the trigger on a gun you "thought" maybe wouldn't fire and killed someone?

To be fair, killing Tricmagic does make some practical sense because it's pretty likely his large tech was intel which makes him less useful in the long run. However, this also means that your large tech has been used up as well.

Also, Why the fuck would I want to hide the fact that I was the one who killed him?! All that would do was create unnecessary paranoia and confuse our team. Maybe I should have also bought a kill camouflager and made it look like a dop did it as well too in that case?
This is debatable. Keeping quiet would probably keep you alive longer, which might not be very town but...

Ideological purity
wtf game of mafia am I playing
Bastard Mafia! Where working together and the power of friendship are the keys to success.
Not true for at least one or two people in past Bastard Paranormals.

There might be more to pick at here. The Rules say that the Exterminator has a choice between Mind Shield and Anti-Tech Field, but I got no such choice and I confirmed with Meph that that was intentional.
Maaaaaaaaybe it's just part of the bastard setup so that all our tech works against each other (with the result being a very violent game) but maybe there's more going on.
Hmmmmmmmmm.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2020, 08:15:40 pm »

LuckyOwl, your case on heydude6 doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It seems forced.

Paradoxically if you had given no reason at all I would have thought nothing of it.

Also, there was an "invalid lynch target" message for roseheart, but not Meph. Therefore: Mephansteras

Are you going to do anything else besides try to vote people who can't be voted?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2020, 09:29:28 pm »

Yes, of course Webadict is a leader! He is the one who masterminded the whole Mass-suicide plan to begin with and and it's the plan most people are supporting right now. A leader is someone who people follow and that's what people are doing. Also, he didn't just come up with the plan. He has consistently been backing it up with strong arguments and has successfully been pointing out the flaws in other plans including my own.

In my opinion, Webadict is more like a slithering salesman convincing everyone that his idea is the truth. But I'll drop this here. How can you be for certain that everyone will go along with the plan? It's as flaw as Caz's peace circle. In my truth we're all here to kill eachother so I'm just gonna start it off. I set an assassin bot to kill Webadict.

You can never be certain, but Webadict has been a strong player so far. I also don't think a dop would push mass-suicide this much.
No, Dopps would love it if we all just killed ourselves.It's basically doing there work for them.

If that wasn't silly enough, you are then brazen enough to say that we were going vote no-lynch! That couldn't be any further from the truth. Very few people wanted a no-lynch.   

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that. Just wanted to throw it out. People tend to loosen up when they feel superior.

Why do you claim to be capable of doing the impossible? If you're an exterminator, the only thing you can do at night is kill or use tech. Neither of those actions are methods of proving innocence, and its a moot point anyway, because I'm pretty sure we're all supposed to be "innocent" anyway. 

Because it's impossible and really means nothing. It's there to see how people might react really. 

Please name a better target than Tric who also lacked an anti-tech field. 

Well I really can't answer the question fully as I don't really know who lack anti-tech field.  :P

Pacifism is very hard to pull off and it likely isn't going to give us much information, which is what you need for a bastard game.

That's true I admit. Pacifism won't work here, the only way we can win is to kill eachother...but I'm not down for a suicidal pact because I can't trust know one to follow through. I will be actively hunting during the night game. So if anyone got an assassin bot might as well end me here. I don't care one way or another really. It's fun to see who's moving the strings even if I lose at the end.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2020, 12:21:56 am »

Gonna be completely honest, guys. I've been following, but, like, I literally have nothing to add because there's nothing for me to add.

I can't really scumhunt because we're all kinda scum, and I can't puzzle solve because the puzzle is either obfuscated or... non-existent.

Honestly, I feel pretty useless. Like, if we plan it all out, that's good and all, but it then relies on there not being a hidden mechanic or some weird role that disguises itself. But like... with a setup like that, there's nothing you can do to find the odd man out. So, random chaos is the really weird optimal method of playing... I have just as much chance to win from this method as I do from planning things out and getting blindsided by bullshit.

I'm just gonna vote to Shorten. I'm just not gonna think too hard about it. If Jim or 4mask tell me to Plasma Bomb someone else, I'll do it. Maybe. Surprisingly, I'm gonna unvote heydude6, because another body at Night to kill is probably better than not. I really just voted because what he did was a super dick move.

Maximize chaos. That's the best way to use a plasma bomb.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #234 on: November 23, 2020, 01:42:47 am »

Wouldn't you say that even if you were??

(Not a hint, I am not authorized to dispense hints!)
Awesome With Autism

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2020, 05:28:47 am »

Wouldn't you say that even if you were??

(Not a hint, I am not authorized to dispense hints!)

Can we kill you or Meph during the night?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2020, 06:06:54 am »

Can we kill you or Meph during the night?

Sorry, I can see I am actually causing confusion.

I'll stop distracting.
Awesome With Autism

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2020, 09:35:44 am »

I was re-reading Bastard Paranormal 1.   They played the game as it appeared but lost.  The game as it appears (to all/most of us at least) is to kill everyone else.

I'm gonna shoot for potential puzzle clues first, and I'm willing to bet the more of us are dead the fewer clues we could find.

No Lynch.

Also, I'll claim now I have a hold-out blaster, so if I die overnight you'll know what happened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2020, 09:43:45 am »

Assuming there's a scum team, which I'm going to say I believe exist, I want to list some scenarios before we all kill each other tonight.

What could the situation be? I'm thinking 3 dopp exterminators in the mix who don't share in our belief of mutual destruction, this is bad for us because even if they don't know who each other are they're going to try everything they can to sabotage us. They also likely have the exact same tech as us and don't need to "share a nightkill" together. This is why I'm extremely suspicious of Webadict's claim that Meph will make him look like a dopp on death and he also conveniently did not kill himself with an assassin bot.

I think heydude shooting Tricmagic was a bad play, but I'm not convinced he's a dopp exty yet.

How do we win if nobody dies?
Dunno yet. This has been billed as a game where you have to 'figure out how to win', but we're all accepting that we got told how to win already in our role PM?
And the alternative? That we ignore our role PMs?
Or work actively against them. Didn't you hear the guy laughing on the phone?
I did, yes.  But considering the context, I'd say it's more likely related to the prank of eleven exterminators in one game than us having straight up false wincons.
That was also my takeaway.
I'll bite and take the bait since no one else has, what the flip are you three talking about (Caz, 4mask, Webadict)? Laughing on the phone? How many KOR are you being paid for this?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2020, 10:04:58 am »

How many KOR are you being paid for this?

It's over nine thousand.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 62