Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11398 11399 [11400] 11401 11402 ... 13315

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14979442 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170985 on: April 16, 2016, 10:05:04 pm »

Watched Apollo 13 film for a writing assignment for a history class. Hate to say I'm learning something from my engineering class, but the class has given me a newfound respect for the actual physics so heavily involved in space flight. Especially the Apollo 13 mission, done in 1970 when they were primarily calculating that shit by hand and with slide rules. It boggles my mind.

tldr; space space space space space is so cool space aaaaaaaa gotta space go space space yes space physics space engineering space stuff so cool [space geeking out intensifies]
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170986 on: April 16, 2016, 10:06:18 pm »

Sphess is now sphess core?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170987 on: April 16, 2016, 10:06:58 pm »

Sphess is now sphess core?
Yes.  This is indubitably factual.

Wooooords.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #170988 on: April 16, 2016, 10:23:11 pm »

Possible/Likely Ace Attorney 6 Pursuit theme sounds rad even with trailer-induced sound effects.

This song came out like a month ago? I need to get my "googling this game constantly for updates" on, I think it's supposed to come out this summer.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170989 on: April 16, 2016, 10:30:51 pm »

Watched Apollo 13 film for a writing assignment for a history class. Hate to say I'm learning something from my engineering class, but the class has given me a newfound respect for the actual physics so heavily involved in space flight. Especially the Apollo 13 mission, done in 1970 when they were primarily calculating that shit by hand and with slide rules. It boggles my mind.

tldr; space space space space space is so cool space aaaaaaaa gotta space go space space yes space physics space engineering space stuff so cool [space geeking out intensifies]

The 1995 one? Still got that shit on VHS, it's great.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170990 on: April 16, 2016, 10:41:36 pm »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #170991 on: April 16, 2016, 10:53:53 pm »

song name?
Aw yes, quality rip guy is back.

The 1995 one? Still got that shit on VHS, it's great.
Yeah, that. My parents have the vhs copy lying somewhere around their house, no idea where. Picked up the deluxe edition dvd for $6 at a Half-Price Books. 10/10, think it's the best movie I've seen this year. And I say this after having watched The Force Awakens last week.  :P
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170992 on: April 17, 2016, 01:29:01 am »

My brother, Wolfeyez, and I all went and played D&D for almost 5 hours. We...got the characters made and like, one step into the campaign, because there were an absurd amount of players.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #170993 on: April 17, 2016, 01:46:47 am »

I prefer no more than 4 players in a P&P game myself.  Of course, everyone wants to pile in when someone's running, so that never happens.  There's always at least 7.  But past 4 is where I begin to feel that the game suffers, because people want to do things and no GM can give so many people the attention they deserve.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170994 on: April 17, 2016, 01:50:34 am »

I don't have too much trouble at 6-7, but past that is unplayable without a co-DM.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #170995 on: April 17, 2016, 01:54:19 am »

I prefer no more than 4 players in a P&P game myself.
This is exactly what my thoughts are. My preference is the DM and three players, because at that amount of people I feel like I can give everyone the attention they deserve while still having a good group dynamic. 4 isn't too bad but any more than that and I'd start to feel like the game's quality is suffering.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170996 on: April 17, 2016, 01:56:52 am »

I prefer four players and a DM myself, but +/- one works too.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170997 on: April 17, 2016, 02:08:15 am »

I've gone up to 16, but the game bogged down far too much for me to enjoy DMing it. I can handle up to about 8 players reliably (thanks, Charisma bonus/Management skills!)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #170998 on: April 17, 2016, 03:08:25 am »

Of course, more players can be handled by a good DM and still be fun.  I only mean that up to 4 doesn't seem like it effects the pace of a game.  Past that, you start to feel it.  And past 6-8 (depending on the management skills of the DM) is where it starts getting nigh impossible to be fun.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170999 on: April 17, 2016, 07:03:54 am »

It is 5 am and i have uploaded a mod
Pages: 1 ... 11398 11399 [11400] 11401 11402 ... 13315