Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7550 7551 [7552] 7553 7554 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8872130 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113265 on: June 04, 2018, 04:08:51 pm »

Oh the ironing...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113266 on: June 04, 2018, 10:20:22 pm »

I've lapsed back into depression. It's worse than it ever was before. Now I just want to die. I've never wanted to die before. Whatever last scrap of hope or joy I got out of life is gone. I constantly feel like I want to scream at the top of my lungs. The only thing I think about every waking moment of my life is my regret. I've fucked up so many times with so many things that there's no point in living anymore. I just want to rewind time back two years and try again. I don't think I've ever experienced true despair before. I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't think I have the willpower left to keep going. I've thought of suicide several times already. I feel worse when I'm not thinking of suicide than when I am because when I resign myself to suicide all my worries don't matter anymore. Several times I thought I'd finally gotten over it but then I fell even further down than I did before.

I'm scared of what I might do to myself. Please help.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113267 on: June 04, 2018, 10:25:49 pm »

Call someone you trust and talk to them.

Also call a doctor to get an appointment with a psychologist, if feasible.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113268 on: June 04, 2018, 10:50:48 pm »

Suicide hotlines are available in every country; here's the US, in case things get dire: 1-800-273-8255

The best thing you can do is talk to someone you trust about it. I'll also throw out that while I haven't felt so hopeless, I do struggle with suicidal thoughts too and am willing to talk if you PM me. It's tied to my email and I'll see the message in fairly short order unless I'm asleep.

Otherwise, I do truly wish you the best of luck. It'll pass, eventually. You just have to make it there.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113269 on: June 04, 2018, 11:03:23 pm »

There are also online chat versions of hotlines in case talking is hard. Here's a list of many of them for different countries: http://www.suicidestop.com/suicide_prevention_chat_online.html

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113270 on: June 05, 2018, 11:07:35 am »

(pls no quote)
The emotional "crash" I expected never happened.  I hiked a lot, but didn't hurt myself or burn.  I stopped blacking out, and had fun buzzed conversations rather than weird rants.  I hung out with my friends in person.  I had some weird dreams, but few actually bad ones.  And I just felt... motivated, to do constructive things like clean and do good work.

I don't mean to be mean, or search for a single reason, but I haven't seen my immediate family for about the same amount of time.  I know they mean well, but I think a lot of my issues are connected to them, and I have to be really careful - if I give them too much time, I just fall apart at a deep level.  Now mom wants to go walking this week, and dad just returned to town and immediately asked for help replacing a water heater, door, and then for a 3 hour ride to the beach.

Like... he knows I have issues with the beach specifically, not to mention long car rides (lot of forced conversation).  And he has a perfectly good car.  Does he just... not care, or what...  I don't know how to respond to this IM, or mom's text.  They want to hang out, I should be happy to see them, but I need to recognize I have problems with that...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 11:09:08 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113271 on: June 05, 2018, 11:23:24 am »

Tell your dad no, he appears to be taking advantage of you....

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113272 on: June 05, 2018, 11:27:05 am »

It's totally okay to say you have other plans and keep your family at arm's length. I have a friend who's having to do exactly that for their mental health's sake.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113273 on: June 05, 2018, 12:17:27 pm »

Thanks!
I talked with a friend and figured it out. This surprise set of asks is extreme and inconsiderate even for him. The truth is he's in a post-travel snit, and is taking it out on me. If I did come over, we wouldn't even get to the beach part until tomorrow or Thursday. And if I refuse, he gets to feel like the victim.

I'm not feeling guilty over such petty, manipulative BS (anymore). Specifically, I've gone out walking for wailmer candy, and the exertion feels good.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113274 on: June 05, 2018, 01:41:15 pm »

Just bored and restless. I know it's the start of one of my down swings. I just wish I had some fucking drugs. Guess that isn't the healthiest craving.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113275 on: June 05, 2018, 01:42:54 pm »

Also sad, Github apparently now has a thing on it suggesting you should be using the Edge browser.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113276 on: June 05, 2018, 02:19:47 pm »

Just bored and restless. I know it's the start of one of my down swings. I just wish I had some fucking drugs. Guess that isn't the healthiest craving.
Do you have something else that you like a lot? Because I agree that that isn't the healthiest craving. I take the edge off of any (granted, non-addictive driven) cravings I have by like, eating pickles.

This works for me because it gives me a similar experience while not being the actual thing. Is there something you could substitute?

I am aware this may be entirely unelpful. My apologies if it is, Hans.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113277 on: June 05, 2018, 02:38:55 pm »

Also sad, Github apparently now has a thing on it suggesting you should be using the Edge browser.

's probably 'cause Microsoft is in the process of buying it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #113278 on: June 05, 2018, 03:00:05 pm »

's probably 'cause Microsoft is in the process of buying it.
Careful not to cut yourself on that Edge, Microsoft.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113279 on: June 05, 2018, 09:12:51 pm »

So, another week wasted. The system is not working today, ask another appointment and come another day....

It took me three weeks of sleepless nights and almost getting my ass fired again to get a single miserable appointment with the clogged up webpage they put it cobbled together with crappy code and crappier servers, which only works from 6 pm to 6 am... all in vain...

I feel like I'm on the edge of insanity.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 7550 7551 [7552] 7553 7554 ... 8159