Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7388 7389 [7390] 7391 7392 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8876948 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110835 on: May 21, 2017, 05:52:58 pm »

Our debts are laid upon us at birth. Rulers or subjects, we are all prisoners of the great wheel. Escape is the fancy of a child, freedom, the cruelest illusion.
I want this on a T-shirt.

...I'd say 'tattoo' but I hate needles.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110836 on: May 21, 2017, 06:34:06 pm »

So I've mentioned it before, I got a part time job. One reason why I took the job was to get me out of my comfort zone and get experience working with other people to try and develop my people skills so I'm not a completely autistic robot hermit for the rest of my life.

It's been about 4 months of working this job, and I thought I was making some small improvements. Apparently according to coworkers I haven't changed at all and I'm still behaving the same as I did at the start of the job. Apparently among other things I give off a "don't talk to me" vibe. This isn't exactly news, I feel like that basically all the time when I'm in public, but I didn't realize I gave off a vibe like that, I didn't realize it was noticeable.

So shit, I don't know to improve my people skills and it sounds like I'm gonna be an autistic robot hermit for the rest of my life. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it.

Just kill me now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #110837 on: May 21, 2017, 07:05:54 pm »

Our debts are laid upon us at birth. Rulers or subjects, we are all prisoners of the great wheel. Escape is the fancy of a child, freedom, the cruelest illusion.
I want this on a T-shirt.

...I'd say 'tattoo' but I hate needles.

Reminds me of one of my favorite van Canto songs.  It fits our generation so well, including the descent into cynicism and escapist self-isolation that plagues so many of us.  Funny that it's based on a centuries-old classic Norwegian play, Peer Gynt.

My father was a gambler
And we were his final bet
Once he put his cards on the table
Our destiny was met
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110838 on: May 21, 2017, 10:42:50 pm »

Today was pretty shit.

I lost my job, along with almost everyone else there, because the place is closing and they're moving everything except support services to Vietnam. Good for them I guess. I'm out in just a few weeks since I was nearly brand new (which makes me wonder how recently even the plant management found out about this whole thing) and they're shutting down gradually to keep the old-timers on until last, which I guess is a nice thing for them to do. There was also an incident just down the street, and there's a situation ongoing there. I didn't know the people, not really, but I've seen them hanging out on their front porch and made small talk a couple of times. Someone is in that house at this very moment, armed and refusing to come out, and the police apparently showed up less than an hour after I took the dog past. They said on the news that nobody is known to be injured, but I guess we'll see tomorrow.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110839 on: May 22, 2017, 12:09:34 am »

@Spehss_: First off, *hugs*.
Secondly: No, you are not going to have to be an autistic robot hermit unless you want to be.  It's just going to take a little more work than most people have to put in.
Thirdly: You are probably better at observing you than your coworkers.  So don't let them get you down.

@Baffler: :o :( *hugs muchly*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110840 on: May 22, 2017, 07:38:57 am »

Firstly, 4 months is a short time for self improvement. It may seem a long time when going through it, but it's going to take longer than that.
Secondly, if the improvements are small, then they'll not be noticeable to people in contact with you over that space of time. Doesn't mean they're not there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110841 on: May 22, 2017, 08:34:07 am »

Windows 10 update over the weekend on the work laptop busted the VPN settings.   >:(

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110842 on: May 22, 2017, 10:47:48 am »

I am currently depressed and dark due to the rich family that owns the business I work for. I won't go into detail, but they're seriously stressing me out at the worst time, right before my wife has our baby.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110843 on: May 22, 2017, 11:17:18 am »

I am so cockfucking shit sick of riding this goddamn bus. I got to the stop same time I always do only to see the bus driving down the opposite side of the highway, four stops ahead of schedule. All the people they hire are either psychotically early, pitifully late, or just don't know the route at all. That's cool I didn't need to go to class anyway

I am so sick of this. I have no independence or control over anything in my life that really matters. Seeing as nobody will teach me to drive (and not for lack of promising and would-if-I-could) I need to just get a bicycle, pedal my pudgy ass five miles to school, and accept that getting enough sleep is just a thing of the past now. At least with a bike I would be able to decide when I leave.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110844 on: May 22, 2017, 12:49:29 pm »

Bike sounds like a good plan. Five miles is not too much, and it's healthy excercise (unless you have to bike through smog covered asphalt landscapes). Bikes tend to get you to places faster than cars in dense urban environments too.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110845 on: May 22, 2017, 01:56:39 pm »

It's not a marathon, but a 10 mile round trip is about at the upper end of what I'd consider reasonable for a daily bike ride. Not because it's especially exhausting, but with traffic it's probably between 30 and 45 minutes there and about the same back, though cyclists in the United States are typically forced onto back roads or the sidewalk so it might be longer. Much longer than that and it kinda stops being worth showing up sweaty to wherever it is you're going and dealing with motorists yelling at you for going 30 mph under the speed limit.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:06:05 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110846 on: May 22, 2017, 07:26:32 pm »

It's a lot of going up and down hills to start, then in the city proper there's a lot of waiting to cross at intersections, then more hills before walking it across the bay bridge with its really narrow "sidewalk." A sucky ride, but at least there's a proper bike lane for half of it.

dealing with motorists yelling at you for going 30 mph under the speed limit.

Around here I don't blame the motorists. Foot traffic is very low and there's usually a bike lane if there isn't sidewalk. Biking on the main street is just hassling highway traffic for no good reason.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110847 on: May 22, 2017, 10:19:56 pm »

Which brings me to my sad. Fucking assholes who drive fifteen to twenty mph under the limit. If you do this you are an unsafe asshole with a sociopathic disinterest in the needs of other humans. And I mean this next part very sincerely. Fuck you.

I don't mean cyclists or truckers or gov't drivers. Just regular motorists that can't give one fuck about how shitty a driver they are.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110848 on: May 22, 2017, 10:40:47 pm »

There are fast and slow lanes for a reason Hanslanda.  Perhaps their vintage hoopty from 1920 simply cannot drive 80mph-- ever think of that?  Hell, some vehicles from the 90s top out in the 80ish mph range-- close to redline.

If they stay in the right-most lane, they are doing things correctly, and are driving at the fastest safe speed for their vehicle. Being butthurt that they arent doing 5mph over the limit is absurd.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110849 on: May 22, 2017, 10:52:34 pm »

There are fast and slow lanes for a reason Hanslanda.  Perhaps their vintage hoopty from 1920 simply cannot drive 80mph-- ever think of that?  Hell, some vehicles from the 90s top out in the 80ish mph range-- close to redline.

If they stay in the right-most lane, they are doing things correctly, and are driving at the fastest safe speed for their vehicle. Being butthurt that they arent doing 5mph over the limit is absurd.
...He said under the limit, so more akin to going 30 mph in a 50 mph.
Respecting the speed limit is an entirely different thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7388 7389 [7390] 7391 7392 ... 8159