Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2038951 times)

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4260 on: June 03, 2012, 01:28:09 am »

Taking my merry band of 20 followers to slay a faraway dragon. This should be Fun.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: June 03, 2012, 01:36:30 am »

Tried many, many times to get into a necromancer's tower and grab a secret-book, even resorting to the use of demigod adventurers. I wanted to do it without vampirism. Several dead adventurers later, I really hate how the zombies currently carry knives, crossbows, and axes. The zombies can even parry the blows of a master swordsman.

Along the way, I learned that you can fill "bags" with ~50 water, in order to carry more than 3 water in a waterskin.

Throw rocks at the necros until the lowest level is clear, kill all the zombies, move carefully upstairs, repeat. That's what I did with my last adventurer, stealing the book was the first thing i did. Just takes a LOT of patience :p

You also have the option of becoming a vampire before approaching the tower. That will make you undead, so the zombies will ignore you. Necromancers sometimes ignore vampires as well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: June 03, 2012, 02:46:56 am »

That reminds me of the time I was a vampire and found a mummy. He cursed me then promptly started following me around without doing anything.

I could link my 'Draw my adventure' image about it if you like.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: June 03, 2012, 02:54:16 am »

That reminds me of the time I was a vampire and found a mummy. He cursed me then promptly started following me around without doing anything.

I could link my 'Draw my adventure' image about it if you like.

Link. Nao.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: June 03, 2012, 03:08:21 am »

(I was wrong, it was a Necromancer, and I didn't get cursed. The image is pretty accurate as to what happened.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: June 03, 2012, 10:53:13 am »

Trying to make clear to the city guards that they should NOT sleep on duty.

By kicking them off the city walls.
(i'm playing as a bronze colossus that heals instantly and has  venomous kicks)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: June 03, 2012, 02:44:52 pm »

I beat 3 night creatures to death with a sharpened cinder block, AKA a sword made from a material that wasn't sharp enough.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #4267 on: June 03, 2012, 03:32:47 pm »

In one of the only situations I use DFhack for any reason, I'm currently armoring and arming my many companions with all the iron loot we found.

This is the sixth time I've done this, thanks to various accidental game crashes. One time I tried to talk to a god as a companion. Another time I armed all my companions then tried talking to a god as my adventurer. Yet a third time I tried to save game after arming everybody, and my computer couldn't handle it. And the worst time was when I wiped out the bandits we were going after, then had a game crash right before I could save thanks to a sudden power outage (yay tornadoes).

By this point I'm willing to pay money for a mod that makes companions put on any armor with stats higher than what they already have, and accept weapon trades/gifts. e___e
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: June 03, 2012, 03:43:27 pm »

Unfortunately that's impossible through actual mods. No way to directly modify the AI. DFhack is the best available option.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: June 03, 2012, 05:37:44 pm »

Wiped out a huge camp of bandits with my up-armored companions and only lost a couple unimportant newcomers, with very little casualties otherwise.

Then I traveled to a fort and slept on the top floor. I wish I hadn't, because in the morning all of my companions had teleported to the roof and couldn't get down. I was able to see a couple of them from the ground, so I decided to test what would happen if you use DFhack to control another character and then die.

Guess I have to fight those bandits again. At least I saved after armoring up my dudes. I kinda hope the bandits kill me this time so I don't have to worry about this crap anymore.  ::)
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: June 04, 2012, 08:00:27 am »

In one of the only situations I use DFhack for any reason, I'm currently armoring and arming my many companions with all the iron loot we found.

This is the sixth time I've done this, thanks to various accidental game crashes. One time I tried to talk to a god as a companion. Another time I armed all my companions then tried talking to a god as my adventurer. Yet a third time I tried to save game after arming everybody, and my computer couldn't handle it. And the worst time was when I wiped out the bandits we were going after, then had a game crash right before I could save thanks to a sudden power outage (yay tornadoes).

By this point I'm willing to pay money for a mod that makes companions put on any armor with stats higher than what they already have, and accept weapon trades/gifts. e___e

I wonder if I should place a warning about talking to gods will cause them to smite your DF.exe?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:22:52 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: June 04, 2012, 11:09:37 am »

Yeah that's what I figured after attempt #2.

Damn that comic's funny. XD
- -- -
I draw things

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: June 04, 2012, 05:53:23 pm »

EDIT:More epic story instead of whining
So I was raiding a tomb for armor, and I triggered a weapon trap, awakening the mummy. Thanks to my armor, the mummy can't get any body, leg, or skull shots, while I can slice up the mummy. I'm winning the fight until a lucky shot by the mummy shatters my left lower arm, causing me to black out to pain. When I wake up, I'm paralyzed and can't use any weapons, I'm missing my right hand, I'm being attacked by the mummy and two zombies, and I'm rapidly bleeding to death. With my dying breath, I pick up my two handed iron sword with one hand and throw it at the mummy with all of my remaining strength. "The spinning iron two handed sword strikes the Human Stoneworker mummy in the head and the severed part flies off in an arc! Tuma Quosaceshca, Human Stoneworker Mummy has been shot and killed. "
I love this game.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:18:17 pm by wsoxfan »

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: June 04, 2012, 10:39:29 pm »

I managed to single-handedly murder an entire group of bandits using my axe, and now I just recently raided a Necromancer's Tower. I found a book on a necromancer called "Loss Exposed". I read it and became a Necromancer for the first time. Now I'm helping the townsfolk by killing all the bandits in the area using my profane arts.  :D

Axemurderer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: June 05, 2012, 03:36:28 pm »

So this is my first post here. I just thought this was worth posting. After killing some sea monsters in Genesis mod, I created Sea monster tough bone great axe. Entirely out of sea monster materials. (Weird thing is that the sea monsters attacked me in middle of a forest)
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 1104