Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 311612 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

darkflagrance: Another idea. Maybe add in special weapons for the larger races that are sized specially for them? E.g. giant axes (jotunar), or stampede hammers (war elephants), or stuff like that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Stampede hammers sound awesome!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod doesn't work on an existing save-game right? Waiting for this to be updated before playing with the new version.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod should work with new version. Also you can't add new civs to saves but you can alter existing civs. So if your save has previous version of FD mod then you can upgrade it.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile

This works with the latest version, since they don't need minecarts and wheelbarrows; there is no need to update the entity files.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so there will be no problems using DF 34.10 ? since .07 was just bug fixes?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Yes there will be no problems.

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey i just downloaded the mod but i have no idea how to install it. i went with the directions but nothing got overwritten could someone please elaborate in a way that my limited intellect can comprehend   :'(

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extract Dwarf Fortress into a new directory.
Extract Fortress Defense mod into a new directory.
Copy the *_*.txt files from the FDmod directory into the DF/raw/objects/ subdirectory.  Or if you don't want all of them, only copy the ones you want.
Launch DF, generate a world, embark.

Sample Linux installation:
Code: [Select]
mv df_linux df_linux.old
tar xjf df_34_10_linux.tar.bz2
unzip Fortress\ Defense\ Mod\ II\ v11.zip
cd Fortress\ Defense\ Mod\ II\ v11
cp *_*.txt ../df_linux/raw/objects/
cd ../df_linux

In practice, I rename my df_linux directories before cd-ing into them, so the above isn't exactly what I do, but it's close enough.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

omg what have you done! all the poor dorfs are dead !!! DEAD !!! GENOCIDE !!!, im running a worldgen and about 2/3 of the worlds population is dead i ran it for 250 years is this too long ? im using all the races thats possible to have

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You shouldn't do that - you won't survive this anyway. Genocide of dorfs shows that:) Better pick some of them you like and put in your game. Nagas for example tend to breed in enourmous quantities and kill everyone. And hardes races are pretty... hard... are you sure you want them?:) But hey - more FUN with them:)

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah this is just a trial run :D i was just wondering if i should keep the worldgen shorter.

luppolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i tried to run this on 34.11 and seems to work fine (tried only adventure yet though)
or it will break later during fortress?

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fortress mode seems to work for me (0.34.10).  Got a beakwolf squad attack me in the first year, but it was all good.

Use one of the first two links in the OP.  Copy/paste the text files from the unzipped directory into your /objects/raw folder as per the readme.  It shouldn't overwrite anything.

I never gen past 125 years with this mod.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 80