Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10311 10312 [10313] 10314 10315 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13174859 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154680 on: December 13, 2020, 06:38:24 am »

To facilitate genetic transfer between isolated individuals, barnacles have extraordinarily long penises⁠. Barnacles probably have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom, up to eight times their body length.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154681 on: December 13, 2020, 07:42:54 am »

Both the food and the drink stalls have closed. I know the drinks one should be closed today, but the food one? How desperate has the situation gotten that the fucking food stall closes?

Gee, post-lockdown is proving to be more of an apocalypse than the lockdown itself, since everyone's (but not me) just going back home. If they opened now, they'd be losing money because there's so few customers.
But how are you on supplies? Are there any open stores within walking distance?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154682 on: December 13, 2020, 07:55:22 am »

But how are you on supplies? Are there any open stores within walking distance?

I have at least a week's supply of eggs and baked beans. I still have a fuckton of instant ramen, but after being advised by the guy who called me handsome, I don't touch the stuff if I don't have to. Also, my parents bought me this "multifunction cooker", which I'm convinced is just a small kettle-pot hybrid. It only goes up to "boiling", so I don't think I can do any funny business with trying to fry things with it. At least I finally get to eat actual hard boiled eggs.

Stores... on-campus, there's one, but selection is poor and it's price-gouged to shit. Off-campus, there's a smallish general store that sells things at a relatively reasonable price. Technically within walking distance, but I much prefer cycling there. There's also the big-ass supermarket in town, but that's out of reach for my bike, so I need to rely on someone with a car to get there.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154683 on: December 13, 2020, 11:23:25 am »

Eggs and beans are good protein sources, but you will be farting A LOT hahahha.... at any rate, as long you have water at hand you are set, not super healthy but you are a young man, sure can go on a couple of weeks with beans and eggs. If water is poor quality boil it before drinking.

If you could try to get some spam or some other variety canned proteins. Also try to get some cereals, rice or bread to vary some more.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154684 on: December 13, 2020, 02:03:07 pm »

Also, my parents bought me this "multifunction cooker", which I'm convinced is just a small kettle-pot hybrid. It only goes up to "boiling", so I don't think I can do any funny business with trying to fry things with it. At least I finally get to eat actual hard boiled eggs.
Sounds like my rice cooker.  I haven't tried frying in it, because it would just switch to warm when it got hot enough (and no way am I messing with that sensor).  But it does work alright for dry beans, which are even cheaper than precooked canned ones.  Which are already super cheap, of course, but they do have a lot of added sugar and salt.  You can also totally cook meat in a ricer cooker, like a pork chop or something.  Just add enough water (and rice to absorb the boiled-off flavor).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #154685 on: December 13, 2020, 04:40:58 pm »

Hard boiled eggs and spam. Spam on rice. Eggs, rice, and spam.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154686 on: December 13, 2020, 06:07:00 pm »

Hard boiled eggs and spam. Spam on rice. Eggs, rice, and spam.

But rice is carbs, right? And carbs = evil, at least according to my dad and my buddies. Even with that out of the way, trying to find rice in anything that isn't a 10kg (22 lbs) bag is legit difficult. Even the big-ass supermarket doesn't have smaller sizes, at least from what I've checked. I'll have to carry it at some point, and, well... 10kg is about twice my max tolerable carrying capacity, and I used to carry all my textbooks at the same time to school because I didn't want to waste time packing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #154687 on: December 13, 2020, 06:11:41 pm »

My diet is a fuck ton of oats, rice, bread e.t.c. and I'm on 8% body fat, 3% bone and everything else lean muscle mass. When it comes to nutritional value a diverse diet is best, but if your only concern is weight, it's just a matter of energy in minus energy out. I had this discussion with a lot of my friends where I had to explain to them eating two beef patties isn't gonna help them lose weight just because they left out the bread and lettuce...
I know your frustration well d00d. I don't get where the cult of carb hate comes from

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154688 on: December 13, 2020, 06:18:06 pm »

My diet is a fuck ton of oats, rice, bread e.t.c. and I'm on 8% body fat, 3% bone and everything else lean muscle mass. When it comes to nutritional value a diverse diet is best, but if your only concern is weight, it's just a matter of energy in minus energy out. I had this discussion with a lot of my friends where I had to explain to them eating two beef patties isn't gonna help them lose weight just because they left out the bread and lettuce...
I know your frustration well d00d. I don't get where the cult of carb hate comes from

Carbs are sugar and sugar is the easiest thing for your body to turn into energy and if you make more energy than you use your body turns it to SATAN WORSHIPPING PAEDOPHILES fat, and fat is bad, therefore carbs are bad.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154689 on: December 13, 2020, 07:32:26 pm »

Wow Loud, your sure are even more handsome than I dreamt!

A rice cooker is not something you can fry on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154690 on: December 13, 2020, 08:01:49 pm »

Also most patties are like 30% bread crumbs at least
Love, scriver~

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154691 on: December 13, 2020, 08:11:30 pm »

I thought we stopped using carbs, and instead opted for fuel injection.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154692 on: December 13, 2020, 08:23:35 pm »

Carbs arent bad and... well I guess I just apreciate food in another whole level.

Excess carbs, or anything really is bad.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154693 on: December 13, 2020, 09:07:07 pm »

It's a big problem if you've got Celiac like me. Makes fast food a pain.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154694 on: December 13, 2020, 10:25:00 pm »

It's a big problem if you've got Celiac like me. Makes fast food a pain.

I imagine most situations are a pain in which you rely on someone else understanding that it isn’t just whether or not the food you eat contains it, it’s also preparing it in a place that has either been very thoroughly cleaned prior to the preparation of the gluten-free stuff or, ideally, a place that is only used to prepare gluten-free stuffed, but also that anything used to prepare the gluten-free stuff again needs to be cleaned thoroughly or used only for gluten-free stuff.

It must also be a pain that gluten-free bread is just awful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10311 10312 [10313] 10314 10315 ... 10983