Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4672 4673 [4674] 4675 4676 ... 10994

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13532132 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #70095 on: February 18, 2015, 05:09:46 pm »

Somebody claiming to be Pathos just made a topic, then it was deleted before I even had a chance to post.

What just happened?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #70096 on: February 18, 2015, 05:10:31 pm »

Pathos was banned years ago. As such we reported him and Toady erased him.
It's FEF, not FEOF

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #70097 on: February 18, 2015, 05:28:03 pm »

The dean of my college lolrandomly - and apparently against the law - decided to up the credits required to be able to get a Bachelor's. ggnograd.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #70098 on: February 18, 2015, 05:36:38 pm »

Somebody claiming to be Pathos just made a topic, then it was deleted before I even had a chance to post.

What just happened?

It was obviously a heretic, as we are all Pathos.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70099 on: February 18, 2015, 07:16:53 pm »

I am you
You are me
Pathos is ev'rybody~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70100 on: February 18, 2015, 08:29:56 pm »

So Weight Watchers is a program you can pay for that BASICALLY counts calories for you in an easier to understand format. Certain foods cost points and you have to eat a certain amount of points.

I found out that apperantly they took fruits and vegetables off their list and so they basically cost 0 points, as in as far as weight watchers is concerned they have 0 calories.

My guess? People stopped eating healthy because things like Fruit have a lot of points.

It says a lot about a weight loss program that has to outright lie to you because it thinks your an absolute moron.

Also no I am not on it, my sister is... Who is kind of the exact absolute moron >_> so maybe they are onto something.

I'd care less but with my Sister being the absolute moron she is (And the definition of absolute moron I am using is the critical inability to think)... I have to constantly hear erroneous information about diets and food that she spits out without any bit of thought being put into it. So I need to vent somehow.

---

Ok to admit I am just right now mad because we had something I didn't like for supper...

And the usual response to that is "Well if you don't like it, why don't you cook for yourself?"

So I did... Which is apparently some grand insult.

Ohh wait but when she does it, it is perfectly acceptable because she is on a diet... but when I do it, it is a grand insult because "I just don't like the food".
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:42:54 pm by Neonivek »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70101 on: February 18, 2015, 08:38:17 pm »

Most people don't learn much about this in school either.
I think they just call that the Philippine Rebellion though.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70102 on: February 18, 2015, 08:45:49 pm »

the United States granted independence through the Treaty of Manila concluded between the two governments and nations.

But . . . we liberated them!! gave them freedom!

- -
FWIW, History will always marginalize for the victors and the culture.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70103 on: February 18, 2015, 08:50:11 pm »

Dunno but my education says Spain sold Philippines to the US before the Rebellion could boot off the Spanish. I have to give credit to the US for actually making a functional government though. Not sure how the country would stand on its own after a violent revolution.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70105 on: February 18, 2015, 09:38:43 pm »

Okay, fess up guys, which one of you wrote this ehow article?
Who leaked America's Plan?  Or is that the Marx plan?
Neither!  Or rather, all.  Its the logical evolution of all of those ideals.  Machiavelli returns!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #70106 on: February 18, 2015, 09:41:05 pm »

Pathos was banned years ago. As such we reported him and Toady erased him.
There's a story here I'd love to hear.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70107 on: February 18, 2015, 10:32:15 pm »

I learned "be yourself" can't work for me; society isn't trans friendly enough yet, by far.

I have a medical condition:being transgendered. Many people would rather ruin my life than help me with it, or even leave me be. Even people I have majorly helped, have shunned me for it (got them out of serious felony jail time). "It's society's fault," sounded like a shameful cop out. Past tense. It isn't. "Being myself," around society will lead to society harming me. Thus, society doesn't deserve the real me. Only feasible solution: protective false persona.

Spent a long while trying to "be myself." Wasted too much time on shame. Wanted to be left alone, but that's a slow death today. Everyone posts everything on social media today: Facebook, Linked in, etc. It looks funny if you DON'T have those things. Publicly showing "who you know" is more important BS than ever, in truth, because HR people want paid for a job they don't know how to do and expect social media to do for them. Those people are in power though, so don't tell them that, or they'll retaliate.

The people "I know" are bastards to put it lightly. "Scum of the earth," is more correct. They don't make good references. Many are criminals, and/or are being indicted/tried (yes, many of the business contacts too). I kept clean, and provided everything to the prosecution, so I'm free. They aren't.

Tried to be isolated, and not bother people. That's not accepted today and people think "what's wrong with you?" "Are you damaged goods?" Must fake smile; must fake being male, convincingly. Have to set up convincing masks again. Have to shut down and fake it even though it hurts. Especially, though it hurts.

Faking it again.

Need job to survive. Have many many relevant qualifications and experiences (am freaking lawyer, business turn around expert, financial adviser, etc), but HR doesn't care. They won't hire trans for job and won't hire without "friends and references." Thus, must hide being trans and fake it to make phoney friends as cover. Must not appear as a loner. Must have phoney social media profiles and list phoney friends and phoney interests, in self defense.

I have very little interest in most non productive material things (can't produce food, useful text, or some output, or aren't required consumption). My real interests include digital landscape art (as used in game design) and hydroponics/aquaponics, small livestock raising for meat and hides, construction and building economically, interior and architectural design, fashion, etc. Many of these would be considered odd and not widely shared.  I will have to fake being material in this society. Perhaps I can list things that can be easily resold to recoup monetary value to purchase necessities/productive material things... (no question mark).

I will have to show greater fake interest in women. I did this in the past, and had strictly platonic girlfriends who would say we were romantic with each other (informed beards). They knew I could never romantically be with a woman and only liked men, but I was fun to pal around with. Sometimes we'd go shopping and stuff, and maybe we can do that again. It might even be fun. [shrugs]. Their dads, husbands, boyfriends, and sometimes moms were always a problem / sometimes didn't believe I was "gay" or just didn't like GLBT people. Will have to compensate/overcome.

I refuse to build large amounts of muscle mass, as I've always been based in agility and technique physically. Will go back to what I know is a healthier diet and not seek comfort from food. Exercise will focus on isometrics again. It worked once, incredibly well. It is a fairly recent phenomenon that I have an ounce of fat on me (depression related). I was all muscle and speed before, though there was never need for much bulk before. I'll go back to that. No escaping through food or alcohol (Also, I've not drank anything at all for 4 months, and have cut back on soda).

I've been wondering how to deal with people for quite some time.

Answer, fuck 'em; fake it; they don't deserve me. Never compromise fundamental integrity, but deception is necessary for the unworthy / intolerant.

"Living a lie" isn't completely, but only for my benefit against them.

I'm gonna go throw out this chocolate and snack on some apples from now on.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70108 on: February 18, 2015, 10:43:41 pm »

*Offers hugs to Truean*  :-\

I really wish society would just allow you to be yourself.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70109 on: February 18, 2015, 10:49:56 pm »

Yo, Truean, move to western Washington. We have a fairly high minimum wage, and a lot of places are fairly cheap to live. Most of the big cities are accepting of trans people and there are a bunch of nondiscrimination laws for jobs and housing and schools and bathrooms and wherever else you could possibly be discriminated against.

Seriously, it's great here.
Pages: 1 ... 4672 4673 [4674] 4675 4676 ... 10994