Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9604 9605 [9606] 9607 9608 ... 10995

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13569822 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144075 on: April 05, 2019, 06:22:26 pm »

If you're trying to find the Maclaurin series of e^(-x^2), you'll have to find the latter's derivatives manually.
I could, but I already know the Maclaurin series of another closely related function, ex. What's stopping me from just substituting x with -x2 in the Maclaurin series to get e-x2, then working from there? Are there instances where this dirty trick fails?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 06:24:48 pm by methylatedspirit »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144076 on: April 05, 2019, 07:57:16 pm »

Stoneface Chairman Kaga bites a bell pepper
I think we spend less than half of our DND sessions actually playing DND, but I'm okay with that.

Edit: I guess to clarify, this lead to a long talk about bell peppers and other vegetables.
Bizarrely, our GM (who makes amazing curry and is likely the best chef among us) insisted bell peppers taste bitter and horrible.  None of us agreed, and I think they make a nice snack...  Supposedly that's extreme of me, but I think they're no harder to eat than an apple  :-\
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 07:59:45 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #144077 on: April 05, 2019, 08:05:41 pm »

They're way easier to eat than an apple, surely?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #144078 on: April 05, 2019, 08:18:00 pm »

I think it is like cilantro. Some people are genetically capable of eating them, others are not.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144079 on: April 05, 2019, 08:37:40 pm »

I've met others that hate bell peppers, so its probably not that uncommon.

I can't eat Mangos, they just taste nasty chemicals to me. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #144080 on: April 05, 2019, 09:29:09 pm »

bell peppers burn the shit out of my mouth.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144082 on: April 05, 2019, 09:51:44 pm »

Pfft, bell peppers are nothing compared to bird's eye chilies. Those, those make you shit flames!

I live in a hot country (temperature ranges from 24°C (75.2°F) to 35°C (95°F), humidity from ~60% to 99%) and it seems that people in hotter countries tend to eat spicier food, for some reason. Like, the weather is hell here, why am I eating stuff that reminds me that I live in hell?! Why do I love this stuff?!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144083 on: April 05, 2019, 09:54:44 pm »

So I started watching Breaking Bad, and thought it was pretty good, and then around the middle of Season 2 (of 5 seasons total) I think "Jesus this is boring and stupid." and just drop it. Considering that each episode is almost an hour long, that's a pretty big time investment to just conclude that the series isn't that entertaining.

Just a combination of "What is this character thinking? Why are they behaving like this?" and "Why aren't they killing Jesse? Just kill Jesse, he's the instigator of every problem and he contributes to nothing." that eroded my patience with the series pretty damn fast.

I felt like the show stood a chance if they simplified the theme of the show to be how the sins of impatience and greed can be a person's downfall. Impatience especially, as the main character's life is shown to be ticking down, he feels he's on the clock and so starts rushing; and he winds up making rash decisions over and over, without thinking them through, taking only enough time to make bad plans, and then executing on those plans badly. Jesse doesn't make as good an allegory for falling from grace, he's already fallen, and when the story starts he's already at the bottom, and its clear he's going to stay there, he's just too stupid and directionless to accomplish anything.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144084 on: April 05, 2019, 09:58:50 pm »

Why'd you have shit in there to begin with? ???

Fakeedit: I seem to recall reading somewhere that Jesse was originally intended to be a minor character, with his arc being fairly brief and ending in his unpleasant demise. In actuality, though, the character proved so popular with viewers (presumably weak-willed, spineless types who found him relatable) that AMC decided to keep him around.

He certainly annoyed me, too, though I still greatly enjoyed the show - it's clear that Walt develops a soft spot for him, which is one of his biggest weaknesses.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144085 on: April 05, 2019, 10:17:54 pm »

Just dropped exorbitant bank on a MacBook yesterday. Brought it home, booted it up, did the install and then realised I have absolutely no clue as to the functioning of an Apple product larger than my hand. I’m kind of wishing I bought a surface... this is the lowest ratio of cash dropped to joy gained I have ever had before
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:21:25 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144086 on: April 05, 2019, 11:40:17 pm »

Pfft, bell peppers are nothing compared to bird's eye chilies. Those, those make you shit flames!

I live in a hot country (temperature ranges from 24°C (75.2°F) to 35°C (95°F), humidity from ~60% to 99%) and it seems that people in hotter countries tend to eat spicier food, for some reason. Like, the weather is hell here, why am I eating stuff that reminds me that I live in hell?! Why do I love this stuff?!
I eat birds eye chillis whole as a snack. To me, they're mild and moderate. The weak must fear the strong.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144087 on: April 06, 2019, 01:48:00 am »

Fucking nazis

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144088 on: April 06, 2019, 01:54:28 am »

I just ate a piece of a yellow bell pepper. If 100% is unbearable value, I would rate it's taste.
Sour: 30%
Bitter: 10%
It was not at all spicy.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144089 on: April 06, 2019, 01:59:05 am »

Nazi: 60%
Pages: 1 ... 9604 9605 [9606] 9607 9608 ... 10995