Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9605 9606 [9607] 9608 9609 ... 10990

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13457683 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144090 on: April 06, 2019, 02:01:24 am »

Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144091 on: April 06, 2019, 02:06:37 am »

Aw shit, is there an election coming up? I'm probably gonna be away and end up getting fined again.
Stupid mandatory voting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144092 on: April 06, 2019, 02:09:08 am »

Aw shit, is there an election coming up? I'm probably gonna be away and end up getting fined again.
Fuck. Time to brush up on my drawing of gigantic ballot penises.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144093 on: April 06, 2019, 03:01:46 am »

I have a window seat and my two neighbours both opted for me to squeeze my way past through the tiny amount of economy class legroom, probably trampling their feet as I went.

It is the done thing to stand up to allow folks to pass you during airplane boarding, right? Or am I the crazy one, who has apparently just been flying with a lot of other crazies in the past? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144094 on: April 06, 2019, 03:28:55 am »

If you are trying to be polite then I would say its polite Yoink.
Those nazis however... damm nazis doing nazi things. Just look at jordan Peterson. Hes a nazi. Ive seem him flying his nazi flying saucer out of the base in the ice place with the nazi penguins.
I need help i think the nazis have tapped my holophone. My transmission is breaking up *blurzt* monkeys with bionic *bloootz* they can see through my autotint *fraaaap* that will be eight dollars fifty thanks *shrraaap* please don't hurt me Herr Mengele.....

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144095 on: April 06, 2019, 04:16:32 am »

So I started watching Breaking Bad, and thought it was pretty good, and then around the middle of Season 2 (of 5 seasons total) I think "Jesus this is boring and stupid." and just drop it. Considering that each episode is almost an hour long, that's a pretty big time investment to just conclude that the series isn't that entertaining.

Just a combination of "What is this character thinking? Why are they behaving like this?" and "Why aren't they killing Jesse? Just kill Jesse, he's the instigator of every problem and he contributes to nothing." that eroded my patience with the series pretty damn fast.

I felt like the show stood a chance if they simplified the theme of the show to be how the sins of impatience and greed can be a person's downfall. Impatience especially, as the main character's life is shown to be ticking down, he feels he's on the clock and so starts rushing; and he winds up making rash decisions over and over, without thinking them through, taking only enough time to make bad plans, and then executing on those plans badly. Jesse doesn't make as good an allegory for falling from grace, he's already fallen, and when the story starts he's already at the bottom, and its clear he's going to stay there, he's just too stupid and directionless to accomplish anything.
After the first couple of seasons, you do begin to wonder if Jesse is really the problem. If you think the main theme should be Walter's fall from grace due to impatience and poor decision making, I can see how it'd be uninteresting to you at this point. I think something rather different is actually going on with Walter.
One wheel short of a wagon

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144096 on: April 06, 2019, 04:17:35 am »

Red, green, orange and yellow bell peppers all have slightly different flavors, with the biggest difference being between greens and everything else. Greens can often taste a bit bitter, and that bitterness sometimes gets enhanced by cooking them. And some folks don't understand that there's a difference in flavors between the various colors, just like how some folks refuse to acknowledge that different types of bean aren't 100% interchangeable...

As for why people in hot climates eat more spicy food, that kinda has to do with how peppers get spicy in the first place. Peppers in a hot, dry climate will be spicier than ones grown in a more temperate area. So they eat more spicy food because they have more spicy to put in their food.

There's also the circumstances of how chilies got spread around the world, what with hot peppers being endemic to the Americas and getting introduced by European sailors to nice hot nations with exploitable labor forces. Like, although Nevada is a good place to grow spicy peppers, there's far less spicy pepper eating going on there than in Mumbai, since Mumbai has gotten used to incorporating them into the food since colonial times.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #144097 on: April 06, 2019, 04:28:45 am »

I felt like the show stood a chance if they simplified the theme of the show to be how the sins of impatience and greed can be a person's downfall. Impatience especially, as the main character's life is shown to be ticking down, he feels he's on the clock and so starts rushing; and he winds up making rash decisions over and over, without thinking them through, taking only enough time to make bad plans, and then executing on those plans badly. Jesse doesn't make as good an allegory for falling from grace, he's already fallen, and when the story starts he's already at the bottom, and its clear he's going to stay there, he's just too stupid and directionless to accomplish anything.

The show is more about arrogance than impatience or greed but that becomes apparent in the later seasons.

Jesse's character was indeed supposed to die in the end of the first season. I don't know about Yoink's pressumption that weak willed people found him relatable but jesse was among the most likeable* characters in the show and his main role was to contrast Walter's fall from grace. As the show progress he is seen trying to improve his situation.

*Not that it means a lot when many of the main or recurring cast are really unlikeable like Skyler, Tuco, Ted, Jane, Marie, Badger  to name few (without spoliers).
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144098 on: April 06, 2019, 04:49:33 am »

Season 2 of breaking bad broke my expectations in a bad way. I like all the other seasons, though.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144099 on: April 06, 2019, 07:31:10 am »

The show is more about arrogance than impatience or greed but that becomes apparent in the later seasons.

Jesse's character was indeed supposed to die in the end of the first season. I don't know about Yoink's pressumption that weak willed people found him relatable but jesse was among the most likeable* characters in the show and his main role was to contrast Walter's fall from grace. As the show progress he is seen trying to improve his situation.

*Not that it means a lot when many of the main or recurring cast are really unlikeable like Skyler, Tuco, Ted, Jane, Marie, Badger  to name few (without spoliers).

Yeah, a big part of why I like Better Call Saul is that the characters are just way more likeable. The whole reason I started BB is that I liked BCS so much. Season 4 is still not on Netflix though :(

Overall it feels like the writing started out fairly good in Season 1, and then the quality of that writing took a sudden nosedive in Season 2, where it feels like there'd be no drama at all if it weren't for Jesse's utter stupidity or Walt's hasty and poor decision making. It just feels frustrating to watch. Maybe that's because Jesse was supposed to die, and when he didn't the writers had to be killed and replaced with pro-Jesse propagandists, who just start making shit up from there and do a shoddy job of it. I don't know if there's a sudden revival of the writing staff post-season 2, feel free to tell if so.

I was honestly really disappointed when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144100 on: April 06, 2019, 07:46:46 am »

So I started watching Breaking Bad, and thought it was pretty good, and then around the middle of Season 2 (of 5 seasons total) I think "Jesus this is boring and stupid." and just drop it. Considering that each episode is almost an hour long, that's a pretty big time investment to just conclude that the series isn't that entertaining.

Just a combination of "What is this character thinking? Why are they behaving like this?" and "Why aren't they killing Jesse? Just kill Jesse, he's the instigator of every problem and he contributes to nothing." that eroded my patience with the series pretty damn fast.

no, season 1 was good, 2 meh, 3 better, the rest just standard garbage.

the issue is that shows always raise the stakes.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144101 on: April 06, 2019, 07:47:40 am »

the issue is that shows always raise the stakes.
Except for Buffy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144102 on: April 06, 2019, 07:49:21 am »

don't you talk trash about my buffy.

a lot of shows/movies do that.  books too, but its easier to digest.  i hate game series for it.  the first few are okay, the latter lore gets all bushwacked
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144103 on: April 06, 2019, 07:52:42 am »

look, it's just the "event generator" based storyline, in a busty wrapper.  pass.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144104 on: April 06, 2019, 08:29:43 am »

don't you talk trash about my buffy.
The only time Buffy raised the stakes was to plunge them back down again into vampire hearts.
Pages: 1 ... 9605 9606 [9607] 9608 9609 ... 10990