Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254261 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10200 on: October 06, 2013, 10:21:42 pm »

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/NPC

Thanks. When I checked a couple days ago the wiki was behind, my bad.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: October 06, 2013, 10:33:37 pm »

terrariainvedit 5.3 was the first to appear in my search. Haven't used it. Backup your saves, of course.
Not updated for 1.2

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: October 06, 2013, 10:47:40 pm »

TEdit works with 1.2

Place an empty chest in game, save end exit, and right click the chest in TEdit to change what's in it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: October 06, 2013, 10:51:34 pm »

Apparently you can now change the shape of blocks with a hammer!

You can slightly adjust the height of platforms, change the height and angle of stone blocks, make dirt blocks climbable, etc. And with this, you can make actual working stairs. It's quite nice. Not need to jump to get to the second floor anymore.

Also, anyone know how to get the key to what I assume to be the pyramid. Basically a temple of lizard men in the jungle. I'm guessing it's a random chest item?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: October 06, 2013, 10:52:26 pm »

Well, I'm personally used to the concept of starting from scratch with a spawn house for each team and a chest with the gem buried underground.

But w/e, premade CtG could be fun, too.
i like this better then being boxed in. and may i have the ip for the hardmode server too?
I can do that.

terrariainvedit 5.3 was the first to appear in my search. Haven't used it. Backup your saves, of course.
Not updated for 1.2
I used it about two hours ago to spawn in some stuff for the CtG map. Right here. It was updated for the latest patch a little while ago, and I've used it without any issues. Back saves up, obviously.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: October 06, 2013, 10:59:49 pm »

You can slightly adjust the height of platforms, change the height and angle of stone blocks, make dirt blocks climbable, etc. And with this, you can make actual working stairs. It's quite nice. Not need to jump to get to the second floor anymore.

Also, anyone know how to get the key to what I assume to be the pyramid. Basically a temple of lizard men in the jungle. I'm guessing it's a random chest item?
You've just gotta kill Plantera, who's a hardmode Jungle boss. It'll drop the temple key.
They started to collide~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: October 06, 2013, 11:01:42 pm »

Yeah, that's the temple, not the pyramid. Pyramids show up in deserts. You can just walk into pyramids, assuming you can dig up the entrance. Or dig right into them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: October 07, 2013, 12:06:14 am »

I just discovered that one of the Terraria window's names (they're picked randomly) is "Terraria: Earthbound",

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: October 07, 2013, 03:13:31 am »

Well me and my 2 buddies just killed all the bosses and then decided to kill the 3 normal hard mode bosses at the same time, uhhhh I not sure what I have left to do but get my shroomite armor and then wait for the new update maybe kill all the bosses at the same time or something. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:31:32 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: October 07, 2013, 05:41:47 am »

Get all the biome keys, and all the dungeon enemy drops (sniper rifle, black belt/tabi, tac. shotgun, inferno fork, shadowbeam, spectre staff, so on).  Get the frost turtle scale and the ice sickle.  Build the biome-specific housing for the pirate and witch doctor and get their special items.  Stuff like that.

Or, y'know, be creative and build something with the new tools and materials provided.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: October 07, 2013, 09:24:19 am »

Using the hammer is cosmetic. Changing the shape is really annoying because you can easily create an eyesore in a wall when you're trying to break down background wall.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: October 07, 2013, 09:28:16 am »

Not entirely cosmetic, actually. There's existent (if rather minute) mechanical differences between the different block states. It can make a lil' bit of a difference in certain edge cases.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: October 07, 2013, 09:54:10 am »

For the 20 people that like to stress test any given game, have fun with that. For the other 99.9% it's cosmetic.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: October 07, 2013, 09:59:41 am »

Are you saying only about 20,000 people play this game?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: October 07, 2013, 10:10:50 am »

Nitpicking? Really? Okay then. Have fun with that. You should probably make a separate topic though. Probably in general discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 887