Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254567 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10770 on: October 15, 2013, 04:22:23 pm »

Three things I'd like added.

Weather console/manipulator. Lets you get a forecast of the next day or two, see whats coming up in terms of rain/solar eclipse/bloodmoon/enemy spawns. The manipulator would, through adding items to it, allow you to force an event the next time its properly available.

Dirt/stone/any placeable material rockets. For when you want to quickly rebuild that mountain you tore down.

A slowing accessory, to bring you down to a speed where you can't outrun your placing ability.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: October 15, 2013, 04:48:43 pm »

Ice golem farming is pretty easy.

You can't see it very well but I flattened the snow around the trap. That way the golems can easily walk to the trap without having to jump.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10772 on: October 15, 2013, 06:16:45 pm »

damm you epic chests and your 1/4000 key drop rate!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: October 15, 2013, 06:21:14 pm »

Can you bring crimson to a world that starts with corruption on it, or corruption to a world that starts with crimson?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10774 on: October 15, 2013, 06:24:24 pm »

Anyone fooled with TEdit for 1.2 yet? I think I've hit saturation point for doing everything by hand, but I don't really want to fool with workarounds and missing tiles and such.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10775 on: October 15, 2013, 06:25:39 pm »

Can you bring crimson to a world that starts with corruption on it, or corruption to a world that starts with crimson?
Corruption seeds are dropped by Eye of cthulhu, and presumably also Crimson by the Brain.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: October 15, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »

Corruption seeds are dropped by Eye of cthulhu, and presumably also Crimson by the Brain.

EoC only drops corrupt seeds in worlds that already start with corruption.  However, the Dryad will sell corrupt seeds during a blood moon regardless.

As for crimson, so far as I'm aware there's no such thing as crimson seeds.  You'd have to import some crimstone or a clentaminator with red solution in order to spread it in a non-crimson world.

But yeah, they spread and spawn just fine.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10777 on: October 15, 2013, 06:30:38 pm »

EoC only drops corrupt seeds in worlds that already start with corruption.  However, the Dryad will sell corrupt seeds during a blood moon regardless.
The question was literally "can you bring corruption" and yes, you can bring corruption seeds to another world.

Getting Crimson over is trickier, crimstone doesn't spread, does it?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10778 on: October 15, 2013, 06:53:17 pm »

The question was literally "can you bring corruption" and yes, you can bring corruption seeds to another world.

Getting Crimson over is trickier, crimstone doesn't spread, does it?

Supposedly acts just like corruption. Didn't get it on my world so that's only hearsay.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10779 on: October 15, 2013, 06:54:31 pm »

Pre-hardmode, no.  Post-hardmode, yes.

If you want to spread crimson in a pre-hardmode world, you'll just have to nab the clentaminator and some tomato juice from the steampunker in another world.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10780 on: October 15, 2013, 06:57:04 pm »

Does anybody know what the specific requirements are for growing chlorophyte ore? I have a jungle/underhallow biome and nothing seems to be coming out of it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10781 on: October 15, 2013, 06:59:36 pm »

Mud, depth, and light. S'far as I'm aware, that it's.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #10782 on: October 15, 2013, 07:23:09 pm »

There's also a limit to the amount of chlorophyte in one area.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: October 15, 2013, 08:09:13 pm »

the initial ore seeds are pretty paltry until you kill plantera a few times. killing that boss makes more chlorophyte seeds spawn every time. After 12-15 kills, I have quite a bit of it visible, not counting everything hidden I'd need spelunker pots to find.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10784 on: October 15, 2013, 08:50:50 pm »

Things have been going well. Got Ice wings now, Thunder boots, have beat all three mechanical bosses.

And I was maimed by Plantera.

I thought you could pick up the bulb and then use as a summon.

Died because I kept getting backed into walls

Also, the Scourge of Corrupter maims everything that isn't a boss.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:59:13 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 887