Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261206 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11265 on: October 08, 2014, 11:20:06 am »

I don't have Starbound, but I do have EoS. Yeah, it's still unfinished, but dunno, for what it has, it's kinda fun. And according to what I've read I came to conclusion it's gonna or already is kicking Starbound in the nuts so once it IS finished, it's probably gonna be really sweet.

But it already feels different than Terraria (more...combat focused?) and I wager it'll only get more so as the development goes on.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11266 on: October 08, 2014, 11:58:09 am »

I, too, got my fair share out of Terraria. I wish modding would catch up, since I am, quite simply, a sucker for more "stuff." The base for everything works well, just keep icing my cake.

Similarly, I bought Edge of Space during the summer sales months back with the notion that it'll keep receiving development while I'm away for a time, and yes, I already know how Starbound went. How "done" is it?

Starbound is still nowhere close to done...
Although if you ask the devs, it's ready for a 1.0 release.

On topic, 's nice to see more stuff being added, may need to take the game out for another spin.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: October 08, 2014, 12:02:19 pm »

Man, I have not caught up on all the Starbound drama until now. So lulzy. (If you didn't buy it, that is.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11268 on: October 08, 2014, 01:53:49 pm »

Sweet fuck can we not have the starbound's thread incessant dead horse beating migrate over here, please?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11269 on: October 08, 2014, 01:57:09 pm »

Sweet fuck can we not have the starbound's thread incessant dead horse beating migrate over here, please?
Seconded.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: October 08, 2014, 01:58:52 pm »

Sowwy. (I'm NOT SOWWY.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: October 08, 2014, 02:37:17 pm »

I heard someone mention Starbound drama!

*ahem*

Does anyone know if they ever reverted the spelunker potion idiocy? Last I heard it was nerfed to uselessness and no longer lit up ore clusters.... I wouldn't have minded quite as much if the terrain destroying rockets were easier to acquire, but that's kinda late-game at best.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: October 08, 2014, 02:47:10 pm »

For a while I used a mod that made explosive bullets, before the rockets came out. Mining was never as easy as when you have a minishark firing contact dynamite.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: October 08, 2014, 03:07:10 pm »

Does anyone know if they ever reverted the spelunker potion idiocy? Last I heard it was nerfed to uselessness and no longer lit up ore clusters.... I wouldn't have minded quite as much if the terrain destroying rockets were easier to acquire, but that's kinda late-game at best.
They didn't, but they're far from useless, especially when hunting for chests and such. If you're looking for ores, just dig over to the loot, mark it in some way (I use ice torches), and move on. Then come mine it later once the potion wears off.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: October 08, 2014, 03:11:12 pm »

I'm assuming he's talking about the bit where they don't actually give off light or get marked on the map.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11275 on: October 08, 2014, 06:47:23 pm »

The problem I've noticed with "fresh start" servers is that within a day or two the world is already in hard mode; either because a small group bum-rushed the content or because one person brought in a character with endgame gear. And then the people who missed out are clamoring for another fresh-start server :/

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: October 08, 2014, 07:12:02 pm »

The problem I've noticed with "fresh start" servers is that within a day or two the world is already in hard mode; either because a small group bum-rushed the content or because one person brought in a character with endgame gear. And then the people who missed out are clamoring for another fresh-start server :/

Yeah damn those people that play the game! They should avoid playing the game and instead just mill about building houses for hours upon hours... those jerks! :P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: October 08, 2014, 07:48:26 pm »

Frumple summed up most of what I was fearing from the new updates, that it's basically just more padded fluff that's milking a dead beagle.  It really does just seem like the only thing they're doing is stretching everything even thinner and making more and more of the game largely irrelevant or uninteresting.

I've played a number of 2D sandboxes recently, as a matter of fact.  Never bought or played Starbound, so I had to get the hand-me-down news on the stellar dramas playing out in regards to that particular fiasco...  I played Darkout (laggy, clunky, with hamfisted mechanics but truly beautiful terrain and such), Edge of Space (clunky, obscene grind and difficulty curve, and I managed to accidentally find out how to infinitely duplicate any resource before I found out how to split stacks), and Signs of Life.

Signs of Life was the one I had the lowest expectations for, but wound up being the only one I found to be actually fun and promising.  I've now pretty much plumbed the depths of what it has to offer, as it is indeed a fairly early access (as opposed to Darkout, which claims it's already version 1.3 or so and not at all early access, and yet is considerably buggier and less polished), and I'm eagerly awaiting updates.  So if'n y'all feel the need for a new bandwagon to get all hopeful and starry-eyed about, I suggest giving it a peek at least.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: October 09, 2014, 07:16:59 pm »

So.  That thread.

I'm not gonna read 104 pages of Minecraft Terraria fanboyz drooling and/or ranting.  I just can't do that to myself.

Is there any (like, any) official stuff in that thread beyond the first few posts?

If there are, if it's worth the trouble, I'll get my Greasemonkey on and hide all the non-admin posts so I can rush through the thread.

Something like
Code: [Select]
jQuery('li.message').hide(); jQuery('li.message.staff').show(); can work wonders for my sanity.

I just wanna know if it's worth the trouble.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: October 09, 2014, 07:23:18 pm »

Not the last time I skimmed it. Whenever something new is posted by the staff they add it to the first couple of posts, so you can just look there.

Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 887