Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254416 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12375 on: January 04, 2017, 01:24:30 pm »

Just turned Terraria on and got "Mythical" after 3rd reforging. RNGod works in mysterious ways.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: April 20, 2017, 02:04:45 pm »

Terraria just updated.

Not a content release.  It focused on infrastructure and UI improvements, and fixing a few bugs.  They say they're building a foundation for future content. 

Pretty amazing that it's still in active development.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=105600

EDIT: They removed my favorite exploit, using Grand Design to do mapping.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:43:41 pm by 0x517A5D »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: April 20, 2017, 02:08:31 pm »

Yup, it's kinda like they're channeling Bay 12 Games in that they just constantly and neverendingly release content for free.

It's funny because I'm fairly certainly a few years ago these guys were embroiled in controversy but now they can do no wrong in the eyes of their fans. I don't even remember what the controversy was, other than there was one. Anyone remember it? I can't check these frigging 863 pages.

I really love devs like this.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12378 on: April 20, 2017, 02:11:07 pm »

Red stopped development because he and Cenx had twins.  The forums erupted into a shitstorm where entitled shitholes told Red and that they hoped he and his babies would die, among other seriously not okay behavior.

As a father I was sorely tempted to engage in highly illegal retributive behavior.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: April 20, 2017, 02:46:55 pm »

Red stopped development because he and Cenx had twins.  The forums erupted into a shitstorm where entitled shitholes told Red and that they hoped he and his babies would die, among other seriously not okay behavior.

As a father I was sorely tempted to engage in highly illegal retributive behavior.

The Terraria forums are as toxic as the Minecraft forums.  Probably because the games have the same players.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: August 15, 2017, 05:44:33 am »

Anyone still playing / running servers? Re-playing on PC (to brush up) since my son got it on console and enjoys it immensely. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: August 15, 2017, 09:33:10 am »

I haven't played in ages, kinda dropped off before the Dungeon Defenders update. You can only smack the Moon Lord solo so many times before you start getting tired. I've got a collection of just about every weapon and notable trinket in the game, excluding The Axe (which I've always wanted, but Plantera never gives me... *sob*), or at least I did before they added new content.

I've been thinking about it again recently, but I'm not sure I'd be that keen to just play on my own.

The forums erupted into a shitstorm where entitled shitholes told Red that they hoped he and his babies would die, among other seriously not okay behavior.

Ahahaha, seriously? Holy shit, that's amazingly bad. I mean, yeah, I knew Terraria had a pretty awful community generally speaking, but that's incredible.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: August 17, 2017, 11:32:28 am »

Actually, scratch what I said about having damn near everything in the game... Apparently there was a wipe somewhere along the way, so I no longer have any of my worlds or characters. All gone.

On the plus side, this does mean I get to experience everything anew! Yay!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: August 17, 2017, 11:39:15 am »

World editors completely ruined my ability to play Terraria normally. Why tediously build stuff brick by brick in game for a whole day when you can make mega-structures in the space of an hour without having to worry about grappling, monsters, night, resources or any of that shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12384 on: August 17, 2017, 01:46:25 pm »

World editors completely ruined my ability to play Terraria normally. Why tediously build stuff brick by brick in game for a whole day when you can make mega-structures in the space of an hour without having to worry about grappling, monsters, night, resources or any of that shit.

I wouldn't mind something in between.  A blueprint system where the player character actually does the building, would make me happy.

Something like QuickFort, maybe.  Does such a mod exist?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: August 17, 2017, 03:24:42 pm »

Because the game is about the journey, not the destination? At this point, why use Terraria, rather than some art application?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: August 17, 2017, 03:39:46 pm »

Because the game is about the journey, not the destination? At this point, why use Terraria, rather than some art application?

You could make the same argument about DF. After you've plated 200 hours of Terraria or more, building the same cheap jerk off base loses its appeal. Making it pretty and cool keeps it interesting for me....but the tedium of doing it in game becomes too much.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: August 18, 2017, 01:04:03 am »

Anyone got a server or would like to MP? PyroDesu and I have been playing together MP, but I need someone to game with when he's in school or at work, and vice-versa when he's free and I'm working or with my son.

For example, he bailed about an hour ago, at 1 AM, after gaming since 10 PMish, plus our 2 hour session earlier around lunchtime.

I leave for work at 6 AM, aka in 4 hours, so I've got 3 and a half hours to tear shit up.

Find us: Ehndras and PyroDesu on steam, respectively.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: September 10, 2017, 04:38:44 pm »

downloaded the last version for a little megaproject i want to do. originally i was going to do this in Starbound but i got an OpenGL 2.0 error with my mother's PC so nope.

i want to do something akin to the Neath. i mean, demolishing most of the cavern layer to make an underground ocean with different biomes and structures to house the NPCs among other stuff. the first step is already being finished, i've done a hellevator at the spawnpoint, once i have farmed the compass and the depth meter i will start building what i call "The Cumaean Spire", which is basically the hellevator serving not only as transportation from the underworld to space, but also as a divider for the hallow and the crimson once i unlock harmode.

im going to use all the stone i farm while opening the cavern. however, since it will probably look dull with only Grey Brick. im thinking of using Ebonstone Brick for the Underworld part, and Pearlstone Brick for the surface part of the spire all the way up to space with maybe, Skybrick at the top. its still too long before i get to that part.

the cavern is currently expanded to accomodate a 2 story house with the nurse and the merchant as base of operations. i will eventually move the rest of the NPCs into the underground once i have adjusted the hellevator. i havent beaten the EoC yet and have been mostly exploring the world in search of the needed components for advancement (its a mage gameplay), im using an emerald staff and the ice blade to take care of mobs with a platinum pickaxe, i've been complementing the metals by farming silt/slush and using the Extractinator, however, im still sitting on iron armor. was thinking on going straight to the jungle in order to get the components for the armor, but since its Expert Mode well it will take time.

honestly it feels more rewarding when you're not rushing to finish the game.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: September 10, 2017, 05:01:09 pm »

1.3 eh? Last time I tried this game was 1.0... How different is it?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 887