Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929493 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5685 on: August 12, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »

More details, the list goes on.
•New ammo- junk ammo. Some weapons are made to launch pieces of junk at lethal speeds and shotgun rounds can be loaded with an old rusty nail or other suitable item. Very likely to cause an infection.

There was a gun like this in Fallout 3. It was called the "Rock-it Launcher" and it used vendor trash as ammo
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: August 13, 2015, 06:10:42 am »

•New ammo- junk ammo. Some weapons are made to launch pieces of junk at lethal speeds and shotgun rounds can be loaded with an old rusty nail or other suitable item. Very likely to cause an infection.

There was a gun like this in Fallout 3. It was called the "Rock-it Launcher" and it used vendor trash as ammo
Yeah, I'm planning on trying the Fallout games when they go on sale (although I'll play the originals first), but it'd be cool to load your own experimental ammo into a shotgun shell and just see what happens, in fact, some people have done this in real life.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: August 13, 2015, 10:56:16 am »

Also, speaking of Fallout, while not nearly as open as Quartz_Mace is suggesting, New Vegas lets you make shotgun rounds out of coins.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: August 13, 2015, 05:29:06 pm »

OK I JUST HAD THIS CRAZY IDEA

dota 2 + football manager

oh my gawd

I wish I knew how to program so I would make this happen, even if it was lewd

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: August 13, 2015, 09:29:46 pm »

oh my gawd

I'd like this actually, while we're at it, why not blood bowl more in the fashion of madden nfl or fifa?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: August 13, 2015, 10:02:56 pm »

So, I'm trying to figure out what this would mean. A game where you manage a team of MOBA heroes?

Alternatively, I want a game satirizing e-sports and the associated culture, where you manage a team of professional players of some fictional game-within-a-game.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: August 13, 2015, 10:04:58 pm »

So, I'm trying to figure out what this would mean. A game where you manage a team of MOBA heroes?

Alternatively, I want a game satirizing e-sports and the associated culture, where you manage a team of professional players of some fictional game-within-a-game.
That would be interestingly meta.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: August 14, 2015, 10:07:09 am »

That would be interestingly meta.

How about a videogame about a fantasy football league?

oh my gawd

I'd like this actually, while we're at it, why not blood bowl more in the fashion of madden nfl or fifa?

I like the second part of that idea. I'd love to see Blood-Bowl equivalents for other sports. A hockey one would be good too.

But What would REALLY be cool would be Blood Bowl + Tony Hawk Pro Skater; like skating around in a daemon world or something.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:21:17 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: August 14, 2015, 10:14:06 am »

I'd like to see another game like the old lucasarts game "Afterlife" where you manage heaven and hell in a city builder. But with the following differences:
* I'd like to have greater control over the land of the living
* There should be support for other moral guidelines than the seven deadly sins and seven cardinal virtues
* It should be less linear
* It should be less abstracted and one-dimensional
* There need to be other ways of making money than receiving new souls, at least in heaven; heaven should not be a Ponzi scheme!
* If you run out of room in hell it should cause a zombie outbreak in the land of the living until the situation is rectified
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: August 15, 2015, 12:31:10 pm »

you manage a team of 5 players, there is new patches, players needs to practice, there are tournaments, changes in the metagame, etc. Specially after The International is hard to not get involved at the drama.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: August 15, 2015, 01:49:02 pm »

World of Infantry.
World of Refugees, where you play as a civilian fleeing from the tanks, planes, and ships continually destroying your towns as collateral damage.
This, I would like to see.

Here you go.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282070/
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: August 15, 2015, 03:50:16 pm »

I'm suing this "ShadySingh" now.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: August 15, 2015, 06:47:58 pm »

A game where you are a hobo who lives on the streets. You have to beg, work and steal for money while feeding yourself and defending your territory from other hoboes. Eventually once you have enough money you can set up a hobo stronghold and fight other hobo kingdoms for land. Once you have reunited hobo kind you can go on a crusade to reclaim the world for the hoboes.

You can own a cat. That eats people.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: August 15, 2015, 06:49:41 pm »

So like some sort of super-CartLife? Sounds legit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 577