Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929436 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6210 on: October 31, 2015, 04:05:36 pm »

There actually was an FPS, called Fire Warrior on PS2. Nobody played it, as far as I can tell.

Space Marine had shooter elements but nobody cared, because using the melee weapons was infinitely more fun.

... I wish there'd be Space Marine 2 :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: October 31, 2015, 04:51:36 pm »

Fire Warrior broke canon, was dumb, and was fun. :3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6212 on: October 31, 2015, 05:07:12 pm »

There actually was an FPS, called Fire Warrior on PC and PS2. Bunch of /tg/ nerds played it, as far as I can tell.

Space Marine had shooter elements but nobody cared, because using the THUNDAHAMMA was infinitely more fun.

... I wish there'd be Space Marine 2 :(
FTFY.
Also, there was supposed to be trilogy of Space Marine games, but THQ fell and nobody cared afterwards. They even got the whole story worked out, in the end you were supposed to have your own fucking Chapter of Space Marines that were supposed to be Reasonable Ultramarines.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: November 01, 2015, 05:00:40 am »

I wish Daikatana, Sonic 06, Sonic Boom, basically any game that was retailed in an unfinished state... I wish they'd go back and finish them. Just to satisfy the curiosity of what those games could be like, had they been completed.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: November 01, 2015, 07:25:04 pm »

Not completely sure if I'd posted this idea before, but here goes:

An isometric Supernatural X-Com esque open world game.  Set in ye olde late 1800s-early 1900s, basically the setting of Dracula.  Assemble a team of supernatural investigators and monster hunters, with a variety of skills that you can either build up from scratch ( for the generic Hunter ) or choose from certain archetypes:

The Scholar: The Professor, the Academic, the guy who makes, keeps and uses notes to fight the terrors of the night.  All monsters in the game have weaknesses, somewhat randomized every time a world is generated ( eg running water affects some vampires, some affected by iron, others by silver, etc. ) and a character after a successful mission, depending on their Scholarly Skill, creates automatic notes which give corresponding boosts provided you prepare the right equipment at the start of each mission.  Other advantages include interpreting ancient tomes and grimoires, accessing local libraries for local lore, etc.  Weaknesses are what you'd expect, if you don't prepare, scholar's just a generic mook with no real bonuses.

The Priest: Clergy sent by the ill-defined denomination of this pseudo-European world's vaguely Christian church, in terms of knowledge, gets bonuses like the Scholar above, but only for what the church specializes in, demons, witches, etc.  Has special power of mana faith, useful against monsters vulnerable to that sort of thing ( again, may vary world to world ), rejuvenated by prayer and successful protection of the innocent, shaken by losses, both of battles and friends.  A faithless priest is extra vulnerable to possession and mental/spiritual torment, so don't run out of faith in the middle of an exorcism.

The Psychic: Certain monsters ( ghosts, poltergeists, demons, other psychic anomalies ) are invisible to the naked eye, and difficult to fight without proper knowledge and weapons/tools.  Psychics are born with the ability to interact/fight with immaterial beings, possess upgradeable Carrie-esque powers, and can also extract information from the minds of others.  Call of Cthulhu-ish sanity as a mechanic is present for every character, and when one comes into contact with the terrifying and horrible, as will likely happen every mission, the psychic is the one that sees the most, and loses sanity the fastest.  A psychic possessed by a demon or eldritch being will have more than enough power to nuke the rest of your team.

The Rogue: The Bruiser, a man/woman who had to be sharp to survive life in the slums, with an innate inclination towards violence and weapon skills.  A lifetime of seeing human monstrosity has hardened them to supernatural horror, so they gain a bonus to sanity and courage.  Downside, if one were to only specialize in Rogue skills, is that they can only fight on a human level.  Any ordinary bloke would be smashed in a fight, a werewolf, or a ghost?  Not so much.  Archetype also may be more vulnerable to manipulation by creatures that play with negative human emotions

The Grifter: The people person, the natural born politician.  Think Doctor Who level charisma and commanding presence in tense situations.  When in towns, the cooperation of the locals may be just if not more important than understanding the monster's weaknesses or bringing the right tools.  Information acquisition from witnesses will be made much less troublesome, and convincing them to aid and perhaps even fight alongside you is a possibility.  Even the toughest vampire can only run from a large enough torch-wielding mob.  If you can't get the people on your side, the Grifter has no real advantages, much like the Scholar above

Other archetypes would only add to the fun.

Skills related to each archetype can be cross-taken by members of your team, allowing for balance as opposed to specialization.  World parameters can be adjusted, regarding monster intelligence vs. animalism, monster autonomy vs social cohesion, the amount of immaterial vs material opponents, etc.  Sky's the limit, with randomly generated towns with varying populations, technologies, resources, and attitudes to the supernatural. 

I swear I've written about this before.  Still a fun idea.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: November 01, 2015, 11:03:52 pm »

That has a disturbing number of parallels to Darkest Dungeon...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: November 02, 2015, 06:55:34 pm »

Quake 1 remade with the Portal/Half-Life engine, with the slipgates retooled to no longer be discontinuous, instantaneous, or opaque. Instead they would act like permanent Portal portals (except maybe with some mild translucent slipgate static overlaid on images seen through it)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:07:17 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: November 04, 2015, 09:04:20 pm »

How about a 4x where research doesn't occur in a vacuum. That is to say where one nation's breakthroughs affect other civilizations' technology levels. I mean look at the internet in the real world, other nations not only didn't need to develop it independently, they can't keep it out.

Also, another thing that I'd like to see in a 4x is that under the right conditions nations should be able to become unstable and split apart into multiple new nations, like the British Empire did in real life.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: November 04, 2015, 10:55:31 pm »

Kingdom, the sidescrolling kingdom game that came out recently, but with vastly expanded scope.
The current game is pretty much good for 1 win (which you will probably accomplish in 5-10 hours), which is done pretty fast.

Instead of only being 3 types of units and buildings, having tons more.
Eg. Mines, Wizards, tax collecters (that can gather gold and take it to your chest without your intervention), towns, different upgrade paths for buildings.
I am aware that adding tons more stuff would take away a little of the simplicity of the game, but it could be way more awesome if you hadn't accomplished everything you possibly can by day 20.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: November 04, 2015, 11:22:01 pm »

A Witcher spin-off where you hunt monsters as a normal, unmutated knight. Those mid-level boss monsters that Geralt just hunts like it's an everyday thing? Full-on boss fights for you, and that requires preparation of armor, weapons, supplies, traps and companions to pull off. You're not a genetically modified monster hunter, so you need to rely on every little trick you can to win.
Traps are your average things, mines that blast silver shrapnel into the soft belly of a giant snake or perhaps razor netting to keep a monster from escaping to a certain part of the map.
Armor is layered and has its own health values; you can see the claws of a wyvern raise sparks on your steel chest plate and you'll see it took 20 or so damage while your health bar remains untouched. Armor can be reapplied at the deployment point.
Weapons wear out and break; carry a brace of silver tipped spears to wear it down, a strong steel sword to duel it, and a fine silver dagger to finish it. Again, if you run out you can get more from the wagon.
If you tarry too long getting new armor or weapons without finishing off the creature, expect it to hide and heal, if not just outright run and you fail the contract.
To this end, you can bring along a party of hired hands and companions to help. They can be ordered to do a variety of things, so they're not just useless NPCs that stand near your spawn point and do nothing. Some companions you may outfit with the heaviest of armor and a good shield and pike and order to simply drive the monster back while another companion is fitted with light armor and a crossbow who continues to snipe at the thing from a nearby vantage point. Order the cannon fodder who you can't outfit to zerg rush the thing after your trusted companions drive the beast into a corner. Watch them die, but provide you an opportunity to rush in and finish the thing.
Spend your hard earned gold to build your own monster hunting company; hire master smiths, leatherworkers and tailors to craft new armor and weapons, hire miners, ranchers and farmers to gather the raw resources to keep your organization stocked. Hire alchemists to brew poisons and potions safe for human consumption. Recruit companions from all walks of life, train them and give them the armor and weapons you want them to use and customize their AI to use the stuff correctly. Expect to lose them, XCOM style.

Basically Monster Hunter meets XCOM in the Witcher setting.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: November 10, 2015, 08:19:41 am »

An arcadey FPS where you see the ghosts of all incoming attacks and hazards two seconds before they happen; the ghosts change color subtly to indicate the exact time until they become reality.  You also get the ghosts of damage indicators in case you get attacked from a direction you can't see.  In addition to an array of ridiculous guns you also have tools to avoid, block, or reflect incoming attacks.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: November 10, 2015, 08:36:10 am »

An arcadey FPS where you see the ghosts of all incoming attacks and hazards two seconds before they happen; the ghosts change color subtly to indicate the exact time until they become reality.  You also get the ghosts of damage indicators in case you get attacked from a direction you can't see.  In addition to an array of ridiculous guns you also have tools to avoid, block, or reflect incoming attacks.

You mean sort of like Time Crisis?

Also : A game like Time Crisis but where less than 95% of your damage comes from The Boss and Red Dudes.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:40:24 am by Wysthric »
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: November 10, 2015, 03:35:11 pm »

I would love to see 4x/grand strategy that would esentially boil down to Aurora 4x with earlier start date, preferably somewhere in the middle 50's with Space Race firing up and A-weapons, computers and stuff starting to make its mark. And then, after 40-50 in game years, after assymetrical wars, rebellions, economic and social changes typical to a game like that, when most games end - it really begins to shine with the discovery of TN elements ( or whatever Handwavium we put there ) and various factions and nations start to colonize our Solar System and other places with piracy, border clashes, slow travel times ( not slow like now but nowhere near Star Trek level of speed ) and realistic battle tactics and weapon ranges ( again like in Aurora 4x ).

Everything ofcourse with autistic level of detail ( im talking about stuff like tracking each individual part of every ship, ground forces to single platoons or even soldiers and stuff like that ), micromanagement of everything and REALLY deep mechanics, HUGE tech tree, economy and shit.

I had that idea when i replayed some modern mods for Darkest Hour. Each of them ends when you reach stuff like anti-satellite weapons, space flight etc and Aurora 4x even on conventional start starts too late for this to work. Plus i feel that this whole "Mankind first steps into the Universe and planetary unification" is really underrepresented in vidya especially strategies.
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: November 10, 2015, 04:49:53 pm »

The short version is "good luck with that." 

You're not the first to dream up something beyond the scope and scale of what can be reasonably simulated on a computer, or assembled in a reasonable time by even the largest of AAA dev teams.  This thread seems to get one of those every few months, in some flavour.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: November 10, 2015, 04:52:59 pm »

This thread is called "Games you wish existed", not "find me a game like this that already exists", for a reason. :P
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 577