Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926725 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6525 on: January 20, 2016, 03:55:58 pm »

Don't remember if I already wrote this, but here it comes anyway. I desire for a Space Marine Chapter, the game. A simulation/war game where you can play as a whole chapter. That's it, you control the 10 companies and the 100 battle brothers in each. But not just that. You also need to negotiate with the mechanicus for supplies, equipment and training for technomarines. You need to control the intake of possible recruits and the replenishment and training of new battle brothers. Also you would control the chapters fleet.

You need to respond to threats on your sector and/or help pleas from other systems and imperial institutions. Then you have to weight which resources you'll compromise if you choose to help. At this stage you could either simulate (auto resolve) or play the battle(s) yourself in a stile like that of dawn of war games. Also space battles should be played by you, assisting other imperial fleets while boardings are can be also either auto resolved or manually controlled and carried out. As you win battles you can get more equipment and perks by treaties with other imperial institutions.

Also except the occasional crusades that would drain your resources and inquisitor visits if there's anything suspicious. You should check for anything fishy and try to keep your gene-seed as pure as you can. Keep an eye on promotions and the leadership and what not.

Full customization and details for the squads and vehicles should be at order, from individual names and history of each battle brother, to vehicle weapon load out.

For all this you could either hand craft your own chapter, choose a randomly created one or pick a "historical" one to play either historical campaigns or sand box games with randomly/procedurally generated content. In the case you make one you can decide if it's fleet or planet based, the founding chapter it comes from, which sector it might be and so on....

What do you think? Should I email GW and Relic/SEGA?  :P
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142620.0
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: January 20, 2016, 04:21:59 pm »

Do you happen to be in the possession of an intergalatic super computer? :P
I asked the Galactic AC and it said no. Oh well.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: January 21, 2016, 01:29:09 am »

I'd like a game where you play as the Maou/Demon King of Japanese fantasy zeitgeist. I'm envisioning something like dungeon keeper base building but with an overworld including both directly commandable demon armies (and the character of your Maou himself, who might mechanically be a semi-special character like in the first Age of Wonders) and some ability to make monsters spawn and indirectly control them like you do with heroes in Majesty.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: January 21, 2016, 02:43:47 am »

Fantasy rpg where you can't rest in the open in the middle of hostile territory, nor commute to the dungeon
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: January 21, 2016, 02:57:59 am »

Fantasy rpg where you can't rest in the open in the middle of hostile territory, nor commute to the dungeon

you'd think they'd have the decency to give you some encounters as you sleep, goddamn. DF actually does this fairly well.

Morrowind's especially ridiculous, now that I think of it; you can't really rest anywhere that isn't hostile territory, at least for free.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: January 21, 2016, 04:45:46 am »

Morrowind does have nighttime encounters, though, doesn't it?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: January 21, 2016, 07:09:10 am »

Morrowind does have nighttime encounters, though, doesn't it?

You can rest anywhere in Morrowind, but you can be interrupted by spawned enemies at any time of day if resting in the wilderness.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: January 21, 2016, 12:40:12 pm »

One of the main quests starts with an encounter interrupting your sleep, as does one of the expansions.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: January 21, 2016, 08:12:05 pm »

I want an Action Movie Hero Brawl.  You can choose from any number of famous action flick protagonist badasses, e.g. Rambo, Bourne, Bond, Mcclane, along with the various interchangeable characters of say the Rock, Bruce Lee, Arnie, etc.  Each would have different specialties ( shooting, unarmed combat, sneaking, etc. ) and the arenas would be either nondescript maze like arenas, open fields, or settings taken from their movies. 

Combat would be through random objects found, some of which are weapons, like guns and swords, others which can be jury rigged into weapons, ( depending on the specific characters' skill set ) and obviously their bare hands.  Depending on the environment and available weaponry, fights in multiplayer would be hilariously unbalanced, with for example Bruce Lee kicking anyone's ass in unarmed combat, whilst being completely unable to operate a gun, which would get him killed against, say, a pistol toting James Bond. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Single player would obviously be just the hero player vs a bunch of faceless, randomly armed and themed mooks, constantly spawning, and in multiplayer, can be teamed up against in Survival mode type scenario.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6535 on: January 22, 2016, 12:37:03 am »

I think Broforce does the action movie hero parts, at least. I can't swear to anything else, though. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: January 22, 2016, 03:07:19 am »

I want an Action Movie Hero Brawl.  You can choose from any number of famous action flick protagonist badasses, e.g. Rambo, Bourne, Bond, Mcclane, along with the various interchangeable characters of say the Rock, Bruce Lee, Arnie, etc.  Each would have different specialties ( shooting, unarmed combat, sneaking, etc. ) and the arenas would be either nondescript maze like arenas, open fields, or settings taken from their movies. 

Combat would be through random objects found, some of which are weapons, like guns and swords, others which can be jury rigged into weapons, ( depending on the specific characters' skill set ) and obviously their bare hands.  Depending on the environment and available weaponry, fights in multiplayer would be hilariously unbalanced, with for example Bruce Lee kicking anyone's ass in unarmed combat, whilst being completely unable to operate a gun, which would get him killed against, say, a pistol toting James Bond. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

no Mad Max?

EDIT:
And what about Jack Burton?

EDIT:
and Angus MacGyver
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:11:58 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: January 22, 2016, 03:21:26 pm »

No Jacking Fucking Chan????
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: January 22, 2016, 05:24:03 pm »

Those are available with purchase of DLC.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #6539 on: January 22, 2016, 06:34:43 pm »

A point-and-click adventure based on The 120 Days of Sodom
I kinda want to make this now

what the hell
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 577