Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926775 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6570 on: January 29, 2016, 07:20:50 am »

A multiplayer game, but not an MMO, which contains all of the following:
1) Mechanically intense fights against swarms of enemies and massive opponents (So like Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, etc.)
2) RPG Style character creation, stats, equipment, skills, etc. Because number crunching is fun.
3) Focus on or encouragement of teamplay. You can't just do your own thing, or you can but it will be harder. Work together to take down that giant ogre and survive the onslaught of his goblin army!
4) A robust crafting system. Equipment, potions, etc. can all be acquired through play, but the stats are better and the consumables more efficient when crafted.
5) Player housing. Build your own house, castle, whatever. Have a full base for your team to live in. Minecraft style, I guess.
6) A large world to explore, with the option to mod the graphics to make it beautiful and stuff.
7) NPCs and a quest system.

I can usually check like 3 or 4 off after a while of searching, so I might find a game (*cough*Wurm*cough*) with building, RPG-style character creation and crafting...but it's got no NPCs, combat is incredibly uninvolved and the world isn't terribly fun to explore. Which is cool, it's probably fun, but it's lacking elsewhere.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: January 29, 2016, 07:37:12 am »

There's only so much you can do to turn Glasgow into a dead lawless expanse.
Honestly, Fallout: UK would most likely make Glasgow into something like Vegas from NV. It would be back to business as usual before a week from the apocalypse passes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: January 29, 2016, 11:27:55 am »

A multiplayer game, but not an MMO, which contains all of the following:
1) Mechanically intense fights against swarms of enemies and massive opponents (So like Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, etc.)
2) RPG Style character creation, stats, equipment, skills, etc. Because number crunching is fun.
3) Focus on or encouragement of teamplay. You can't just do your own thing, or you can but it will be harder. Work together to take down that giant ogre and survive the onslaught of his goblin army!
4) A robust crafting system. Equipment, potions, etc. can all be acquired through play, but the stats are better and the consumables more efficient when crafted.
5) Player housing. Build your own house, castle, whatever. Have a full base for your team to live in. Minecraft style, I guess.
6) A large world to explore, with the option to mod the graphics to make it beautiful and stuff.
7) NPCs and a quest system.
I can usually check like 3 or 4 off after a while of searching, so I might find a game (*cough*Wurm*cough*) with building, RPG-style character creation and crafting...but it's got no NPCs, combat is incredibly uninvolved and the world isn't terribly fun to explore. Which is cool, it's probably fun, but it's lacking elsewhere.
Diablo might scratch the itch, but it's still far from your goal there.
There's only so much you can do to turn Glasgow into a dead lawless expanse.
Honestly, Fallout: UK would most likely make Glasgow into something like Vegas from NV. It would be back to business as usual before a week from the apocalypse passes.
Pffft. I bet London is Sierra all over again. But with ghoul snipers. AND THE QUEEN.
how am i not working at bethesda god damn
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: January 29, 2016, 11:31:44 am »

A sandbox game that perfectly simulates real world free market economies for a large county. Each citizen will have needs and wants and entrepreneurs will always try to maximize profits creating an equilibrium.

Then you can mess with the market (like setting a minimum price of an object or something) And watch the entire market crash and burn. Then see what happens if you pay everybody the same wage. And watch the entire market crash and burn etc.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: January 29, 2016, 11:41:11 am »

A tactical strategy game where combat happens super quickly. You don't control your guys during combat; you give them a sequence of actions to perform, and you only get to command them again if they run out of actions without completing the objective. The longest mission would probably be two minutes from letting your soldiers go to completing the last objective.
This sounds a lot like Doorkickers. Its not quite this as you can change orders on the fly, but there's rewards for not deviating from the initial mission plan.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: January 29, 2016, 01:31:02 pm »

A sandbox game that perfectly simulates real world free market economies for a large county.
National governments would buy out the rights immediately. You think they'd let something like that sit in the hands of the general populace?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: January 29, 2016, 01:33:37 pm »

If it was disguised well, yes.

And then they release the Enterprise Edition.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: January 29, 2016, 06:05:24 pm »

A sandbox game that perfectly simulates real world free market economies for a large county. Each citizen will have needs and wants and entrepreneurs will always try to maximize profits creating an equilibrium.

Then you can mess with the market (like setting a minimum price of an object or something) And watch the entire market crash and burn. Then see what happens if you pay everybody the same wage. And watch the entire market crash and burn etc.
And you could include score counters for things like scientific advancement, safety against individual violence, safety against national violence(military invasions), infrastructure quality+reliability+coverage, employment rates, poverty rates, suicide rates, education levels, private and public charitable donations, recreational spending... And do absolutely everything within your power to make it completely free of any form of bias or idealism or commonly accepted assumptions and instead make it as pure a model of the basic elements as possible...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: January 29, 2016, 07:52:28 pm »

A sandbox game that perfectly simulates real world free market economies for a large county.

I don't know about "perfectly" but a lot of MMOs already kind do reflect real-world principles, to the extent that economists and others study them.

The quintessential example is the WoW plague or EVE's economy, but even simpler MMO economies function very similar to what you find in the real world.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: January 30, 2016, 11:43:36 am »

I know about MMO's with their player-driven economies. But I want a single-player sandbox which uses the law of supply and the law of demand to simulate economies that the player can mess with in whatever way they choose.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6580 on: January 30, 2016, 08:57:42 pm »

I know about MMO's with their player-driven economies. But I want a single-player sandbox which uses the law of supply and the law of demand to simulate economies that the player can mess with in whatever way they choose.
Patrician and Port Royale and whatever other trading games.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: January 30, 2016, 09:25:46 pm »

I don't want it to be a trading game. I want to be an omnipotent being that can change the prices of certain items, force certain interest rates on everybody in the country etc. You know, a Sandbox. For me to mess around as much as I want with no consequences.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: January 30, 2016, 09:31:33 pm »

From the outside, looking in, in other words?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: January 30, 2016, 10:26:49 pm »

But able to mess with it any way you please.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: January 30, 2016, 11:01:35 pm »

Yeah.

That other thing would be boring.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 577