Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929313 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6795 on: April 29, 2016, 10:42:32 pm »

Bosses could be static. You can stop and fight them for loot or try to get past them without taking too much flak from them...
Like thwomps from various courses or the giant robobowser that punches the track in Bowser's Castle? Except on a roundabout like the shops, and vulnerable to some pickups? Nice.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: April 29, 2016, 10:47:10 pm »

That was fast.
Are you stalking me? :P
Nope, just New Replies.

Bosses could be static. You can stop and fight them for loot or try to get past them without taking too much flak from them...
Like thwomps from various courses or the giant robobowser that punches the track in Bowser's Castle? Except on a roundabout like the shops, and vulnerable to some pickups? Nice.
Urge to code this game: Rising.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: May 04, 2016, 07:27:09 pm »

I wish there was a horror game where you're present when things go wrong. I'm getting sick of wandering through long-abandoned bases filled with audiologs and suggestive bloodstains. The only game I can think of that does this is Half Life 1, and that's not so much a horror as it is action.

I had an extra idea on top of it. What if the game was like Dead Space where your weapons are basically from your toolbox? The tutorial would be using them as they were intended (Use the flamethrower to melt ice, use the crowbar to pry open crates, use the plasma cutter to seperate sections of piping, etc) before horror shows up and you have to improvise them into weapons.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: May 04, 2016, 07:31:57 pm »

You instantly made me think of Batman: Arkham Asylum, which has a little bit of both of what you talked about in the first paragraph.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: May 04, 2016, 07:38:28 pm »

Do it.... you are compelled to do it...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: May 04, 2016, 07:39:55 pm »

I just wish I knew how.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6801 on: May 04, 2016, 09:57:49 pm »

I just wish I knew how.
https://www.codecademy.com/

Start learning. Programming is one of those disciplines that anyone can get good at if they just pick up some text and practice.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: May 05, 2016, 09:44:00 am »

I wish there was a horror game where you're present when things go wrong. I'm getting sick of wandering through long-abandoned bases filled with audiologs and suggestive bloodstains. The only game I can think of that does this is Half Life 1, and that's not so much a horror as it is action.
Resident Evil 6 starts like that too.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: May 05, 2016, 09:44:37 am »

Gothic 3 but not a bugridden mess and with better combat.

Man I was hyped for that game.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: May 05, 2016, 10:21:49 am »

Star Wars Republic Commando 2, with moddable weapons and armor, a much much longer campaign with side operations, and visible 'lair' growth, like after each mission and side mission your character takes small battle trophies to add to their little bunk room or something.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: May 05, 2016, 09:17:27 pm »

I just wish I knew how.
https://www.codecademy.com/

Start learning. Programming is one of those disciplines that anyone can get good at if they just pick up some text and practice.
I know how to code (or can pick it up as I go at least), I don't, however, really understand how one graphics.  Graphicses?  Into graphics?
I don't understand how to do the visual bits.

(also, eww, text editors, no.  IDEs or bust.)
Sigtext

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: May 07, 2016, 02:15:57 am »

Resident Evil 6 starts like that too.
it's also terrible, so
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: May 07, 2016, 03:47:49 am »

Fallout or Mad Max universe, but with The Long Dark gameplay.

Kind of recreated it with modded Fallout 4, but the game was never really designed with this style in mind.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: May 09, 2016, 03:31:07 am »

Game idea I had a brief inkling of trying to make before deciding to restrict myself to more attainable projects.  The setting is a science-fantasyish thing where there is no FTL travel, instead portal generators are used to travel in between worlds.  Something has gone wrong and you have to travel between worlds fighting hordes of enemies as you try to get to the next generator.

It controls like a twin stick shooter, you WASD to move and mouse to control where your character is aiming.  There are a lot of enemies and they tend to try and close in on you, some have projectile attacks but they're slow enough to be dodged easily if there's only small numbers of enemies shooting at you.  Each character has a 2-3 abilities that cost mana to use; for example there might be a jedi-esque character that pushes or pulls enemies, a character with suit of armor power armor with thrusters they can use to fly forwards or backwards, ect.

The way weapons work is a little unusual however.  There are relatively few weapons, each with its own animations and detailed mechanics.  Each weapon has a heavy and a light setting, so a pistol might shoot once if you hit LMB or three times rapid if you hit RMB, a melee weapon might have a jab and a bullet reflecting wide swing.  Each comes with combos that you can chain together by alternating the different mouse buttons and pauses, as per a hack and slash game.  Your character has a dodge roll and if you hold the mouse button down you can continue your combo after rolling.  Each weapon has combos that will cause you to use one of your character's abilities at a reduced mana cost; that means that the combo will do something different depending on which character you have and certain weapons will be better in certain character's hands.  So for example you might have a shotgun combo that would have the jedi character pull an enemy in and then shoot them at close range, but the armored character jump forward and do the same.  And a third character might just do a ranged attack or a different ability and thus have less synergy with the shotgun.

Oh and has 4 player co-op.  Hopefully that made sense, I'm tired.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: May 09, 2016, 03:48:07 am »

A game with a Sims like isometric perspective, where you control the sheriff or other important official of a small town.  Said small town would have a lot of weird supernatural shit going on in it, Twin Peaks level stuff.  Not just the normal monsters drifting in, eating locals, replacing locals, falling in love with locals, I'm talking reality itself bending.  Your job would be to investigate paranormal instances, trying to keep the peace and sanity of your fellow townspeople, and maybe avert the apocalypse in the process.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 577