Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929415 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8055 on: February 21, 2019, 11:11:39 pm »

First element: Daft Punk.
Second element: Racing.
Third element: first-person VR.
Fourth element: Pure speed.
Fifth element: additional speed
six element no go fasssster
more FASTroINNHT
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrraaaaa faaaaaaast
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: February 21, 2019, 11:27:45 pm »

That sounds like the gamecube F-zero game, but even more 80s and made in the modern day.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: February 22, 2019, 01:50:52 am »

Just like, any survival crafting game with basebuilding that gives you a way to populate your base, with inhabitants that both do things and act like they live there.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: February 22, 2019, 01:57:29 am »

I know right?  Most of those games are so lonely without multiplayer and so vulnerable to griefers/assholes with multiplayer.  Playing co-op Don't Starve with my siblings was so much more fun than playing it solo, and even the little companions they've added like Glommer and Chester made a huge tonal difference.

Someone should make a DF/Rimworld-like where you play in first or third person.  And you designate actions the way you would normally put down blocks in mindcraft (but at a range).  So instead of building things you build a theoretical building and then your minions perform the much longer task of actually making it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: February 22, 2019, 04:16:42 am »

There's Voxel Turf, which has been described as "Minecraft + GTA + Cities Skylines", where people can move into your houses and work at the industries you build, but that's not really "survival" unless you count the dog-eat-dog world of voxellated corporate takeovers.

Alternatively, Rise of Ages. I haven't seen how much the mooks actually do around town, but you can invite people to populate your tribe.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: February 22, 2019, 05:28:04 am »

I think the millennaire minecraft mod tries to do that (on top of adding different varieties of villages via cultures) but of course it is minecraft. Also, it tends not to play well with other mods on account of most mods being built around the player doing everything.

Incidentally, it would be interesting to see a minecraft mod where all the tech progression is through villagers whose needs have to be satisfied. Like Anno on a reduced scale. Would need certain features to avoid problems that I can already foresee, though.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: February 22, 2019, 07:57:31 am »

I think the millennaire minecraft mod tries to do that (on top of adding different varieties of villages via cultures) but of course it is minecraft. Also, it tends not to play well with other mods on account of most mods being built around the player doing everything.

Incidentally, it would be interesting to see a minecraft mod where all the tech progression is through villagers whose needs have to be satisfied. Like Anno on a reduced scale. Would need certain features to avoid problems that I can already foresee, though.
Care to elaborate on that last bit?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: February 22, 2019, 09:18:28 am »

Nostalgia time. Forsaken's gated Minecraft server.

The world would "age up" when we as a community met certain criteria, unlocking a new tier of recipes. We started with a hunter-gatherer society and basically subsisted on raw nutmeg for a while. I think we had to gather x food or wood or something, whereupon we unlocked tool use. Once we built X houses and got farms going, we unlocked iron or something.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: February 22, 2019, 03:54:17 pm »

Care to elaborate on that last bit?

The problems I expect to see? Well, I expect such a mod to work like FactoryTech: the villagers are machines that, instead of operating on RF (and processing items), they operate with items. So a villager would need food, drink/hydration, shelter (bedding), maybe even clothing or tools. But FactoryTech was obnoxious because of the rate that components failed as well as supplying all the machines. To solve this, you could instead assign an area/storage where items are stored that will satisfy villager needs, and the villagers can be set to take from that area when they need to restock. That is, restock their 'need' items and not their processing items (which would be fed as "normal" to their processing stations). But then this means villagers don't perform their process 100% of the time, so now you need a system that villagers can clock in and out of their processing, and enough villagers to fill in those shifts.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: February 22, 2019, 05:11:40 pm »

Just like, any survival crafting game with basebuilding that gives you a way to populate your base, with inhabitants that both do things and act like they live there.
Terraria has the various NPCs, but I'm guessing you want something more in-depth and/or randomized. That would be pretty cool.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: February 22, 2019, 05:15:48 pm »

hmm, there's fallout 4, still a goodie in this department.

but yeah, this is something i'd like to see too. i suppose if they improved thrall ai, conan exiles could fit here too.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TiredOlGoat

• Escaped Lunatic
  • i'd like to sleep please
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: February 22, 2019, 05:24:37 pm »

Tonally, I do like the idea of a first/third person game where you are just one player, building and creating things, and NPCs move in and help/have their own agendas, all taking place over a period of time. Something like Unreal World, but where your actions effect the greater world; people use your roads, look into your land if you offer to sell it/make it communal/abandon it, etc...

But mostly, and this is a bit silly...

Graphically/atmospherically, I miss pastel colours and weird garish 80's fantasy. Where in Heroes of Might and Magic I/II, or Realmz/Spiderweb Software's earlier work, you felt like you could just randomly stumble across most anything. Crystals growing out of purple forests, vampires that made stupid 'bluh' noises, public-domain-y sound effects...

I feel like most fantasy tries to draw from the same popular-ish roots. World of Blizzardcrafthammer. And that's just fine, if those are things you like! But I have no interest in medieval power armour and ridiculous fantasy swords; I'd like to explore abandoned forts growing out of red-and-orange trees, look up at the alien sky, and feel a sense of peace. Perhaps it was because the market was oversaturated with 'weird' fantasy in the early 90s, in large part due to a lot of shareware. But I miss the environment, terribly.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: February 28, 2019, 06:01:42 pm »

An in-depth life sim would be cool.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: February 28, 2019, 06:34:51 pm »

Well, there's Outside, which was recently updated to the newest version...

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: March 01, 2019, 12:21:22 pm »

Well, there's Outside, which was recently updated to the newest version...

Yeah well unfortunately the character creation doesn't allow for a whole lot of player choice.
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 577