Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9301 9302 [9303] 9304 9305 ... 10987

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13415164 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139530 on: November 01, 2018, 05:40:28 pm »

Yeah about that bug. What exactly counts as "careless or stupid about where you install things"?

According to the Undertale thread, the installer defaults to your ProgramFiles directory.
So if it's installed to a folder in Program Files (rather than directly to Program Files) it should be okay?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139531 on: November 01, 2018, 05:44:27 pm »

Yeah about that bug. What exactly counts as "careless or stupid about where you install things"?

According to the Undertale thread, the installer defaults to your ProgramFiles directory.
So if it's installed to a folder in Program Files (rather than directly to Program Files) it should be okay?
Depends on the folder.

System32 is a protected folder, so that probably means it's safe.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139532 on: November 01, 2018, 07:55:22 pm »

Your ear didn't go nuts, it got nutted in.
By the earwax fairy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139533 on: November 01, 2018, 07:59:01 pm »

And her magic wand that generates it?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139534 on: November 01, 2018, 09:55:33 pm »

I still remember the time a literal ball of wax fell out of my ear (I was really confused by that one)
Aw, congratulations! You and your ear gave birth to the next generation of earwax fairies.
The cycle of life is a beautiful thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #139535 on: November 01, 2018, 10:35:40 pm »

The other issue is that the uninstaller doesn't have a "these are the files I delete, and no other" checklist, unlike just about every uninstaller in the last 20 years or so. Instead, it just wipes whatever folder it is in - fine if it is installed to a subfolder, but dangerous if it is not.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_Oi
« Reply #139536 on: November 01, 2018, 11:05:59 pm »

I just happened to look up Toby Fox on the day he released an Undertale sequel demo. Apparently this is where all my good luck was going for a bit.

"The soundtrack is entirely Despacito 2"
-Toby "Idiot Dog" Fox
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139537 on: November 01, 2018, 11:22:20 pm »

The other issue is that the uninstaller doesn't have a "these are the files I delete, and no other" checklist, unlike just about every uninstaller in the last 20 years or so. Instead, it just wipes whatever folder it is in - fine if it is installed to a subfolder, but dangerous if it is not.
Myst had a similar bug, I think.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #139538 on: November 01, 2018, 11:30:49 pm »

Myst had a similar bug, I think.
The famous example is Myth II, Soulblighter. That may be what you're thinking of, given the textual similarity between "Myst" and "Myth".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139539 on: November 02, 2018, 06:58:05 am »

I've made a few tuna sandwiches lately, and I figured I'd give the dogs a treat by letting them have the fishy tidbits and juice left inside the can. It has since become clear that the youngest can't eat tuna.

I don't mean this in the sense of "He shouldn't have tuna" because it's unhealthy or because he has a reaction to it, I mean he is specifically incapable of eating it.

What happens is that he'll home in on the can, sniffing intently... He clearly really wants some of that tuna, so he moves in to take a slurp... Except then he becomes overwhelmed by the intoxicating aroma and his cat-brain takes over, and his head takes a violent 90 degree detour as he tries to rub himself on the smell of fish. This repeats multiple times as he makes several passes at a taste test, each one aborted at the last minute by his overwhelming desire to absorb and embody the Stinken' of the Sea.

In other news: Please do not harass the Japanese

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #139540 on: November 02, 2018, 07:31:30 am »

Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139541 on: November 02, 2018, 08:34:21 am »

Great tits are sometimes non-insectivorous predatory animals.

The lovely, small, yellow birds will kill and eat other birds, bats, and possibly things like mice. Basically by landing on them and pecking them until they die.

Squirrels and deer will eat baby birds alive.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139542 on: November 02, 2018, 08:39:49 am »

Never trust a vegan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139543 on: November 02, 2018, 08:41:37 am »

Or alternatively, harass the Japanese even more cause then they'll give you free stuff.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #139544 on: November 02, 2018, 09:19:04 am »

Or alternatively, harass the Japanese even more cause then they'll give you free stuff.
From the article:
An audit has now revealed the loss to be at least 25 million yen. As a result, the man was given a 10% reduction of his month's salary, other Japanese media reports say.

But the man has since resigned, and offered to pay half of his retirement bonus in an attempt to reimburse the garden.

Can I just say how incredibly un-American both of those sentences are? If that happened here, the man would get sued into oblivion and/or imprisoned. And conversely, he'd be unlikely to resign or offer half his retirement pay (for one thing, *what* retirement pay?)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 9301 9302 [9303] 9304 9305 ... 10987