Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 773172 times)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #2085 on: November 01, 2016, 09:29:44 am »

Another suggestion: Make TWBT load 4 different color schemes. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. Automatically change those upon the change of seasons.

:o That would be awesome! That ability, alone, would get me to use TwbT.

So it could be easily automated with a script?

If that could be automated with a script, then it could be automated by SoundSense. I think most players forget that SoundSense can not only play music and sounds, but it can also trigger scripts by gamelog events. It already changes the music based on the season, so activating a script with each season wouldn't be an issue. (And it seems that SoundCenSe "parses the existing log" to retrieve the last season change when started up again.)

Build for 0.42.06 https://build.mifki.com/build/808
Build for 0.43.03 https://build.mifki.com/build/809

No build for 0.43.05 in the works?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2086 on: November 01, 2016, 03:39:20 pm »

Colour palette is fully accessible in Lua. So while being a great idea, this has nothing to do with TWBT.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 01, 2016, 04:26:23 pm »

I think most players forget that SoundSense can not only play music and sounds, but it can also trigger scripts by gamelog events. It already changes the music based on the season, so activating a script with each season wouldn't be an issue.
No, Soundsense switches to a different season's music when it reads a season change announcement from gamelog.txt. It doesn't trigger anything in-game. Soundsense is an external program and doesn't communicate with DF/DFHack, unless something has changed recently that I'm not aware of.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 01, 2016, 05:25:14 pm »

No, Soundsense switches to a different season's music when it reads a season change announcement from gamelog.txt. It doesn't trigger anything in-game.

Sir, you are mistaken. Granted, out-of-the-box, SoundSense does not trigger anything in-game. However, SoundSense does have the capability. As I said, most players are unaware of this. And that's because it's a feature which is not advertised and which hardly anyone ever uses.

Soundsense is an external program and doesn't communicate with DF/DFHack, unless something has changed recently that I'm not aware of.

Why is it hard to believe that a program can call a separate program or communicate with DFHack? This is not a new feature. Actually, it dates from February of 2013.

New release, r 39:

http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundSense_38_174.zip
http://code.google.com/p/df-soundsense/downloads/list

* Fixed small issues with dhhack script
 * Added ability to call external tools, see executors/executor.xml file in soundsense directory for details. So far, it just starts dfhack script when game is loaded.
...I'd love to hear your suggestions on other potential uses! The only ones I've come up with so far are:

* Pausing and/or centering the screen for custom messages. (Limited usefulness as DF already allows this for announcements through announcements.txt in the init folder. It might be useful for certain other gamelog messages, though.)
* Calling heritage.lua on dwarf child birth announcements for the Dwarven Heritage Project
* Calling a partycancel.lua script to automatically cancel parties as soon as they are announced. (See this post for details.)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 01, 2016, 05:36:36 pm »

Why is it hard to believe that a program can call a separate program or communicate with DFHack? This is not a new feature. Actually, it dates from February of 2013.

Okay, I wasn't aware of that. It's not hard to believe that it's possible, but the documentation I remember about the soundsense-season script said that you needed to set up DFHack to run it on startup, without mentioning that Soundsense could do it. I'll check and see if that still needs to be fixed.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 01, 2016, 06:08:10 pm »

DFHack has "dfhack-run", which allows you to trigger anything from an external app. Soundsense's executor system does it's thing using this facility, so you can actually use Soundsense to start other external tools as well.

Back when I still used Soundsense regularly I (ab)used this in some creative ways :)

Colour palette is fully accessible in Lua. So while being a great idea, this has nothing to do with TWBT.

I actually have a script (included in Rubble, see "Libs/Colors/Swap Palette") that loads save-specific colors.txt files from the raw (or save) directory when a world is loaded. I made this script to allow mods to use a custom color pallet without forcing the user to install one globally. It wouldn't be hard to modify this to perform seasonal switches without involving Soundsense at all.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 02, 2016, 01:20:04 am »

I am fully aware of dfhack-run. My confusion resulted from the fact that the last documentation I saw implied that Soundsense didn't use dfhack-run, so it was necessary to have DFHack run those scripts on startup/load instead.

That script sounds pretty neat. It might be nice to have it in the DFHack repo once the seasonal change feature is done.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2092 on: November 02, 2016, 06:16:29 pm »

DFHack has "dfhack-run", which allows you to trigger anything from an external app. Soundsense's executor system does it's thing using this facility, so you can actually use Soundsense to start other external tools as well.

Back when I still used Soundsense regularly I (ab)used this in some creative ways :)

I actually have a script (included in Rubble, see "Libs/Colors/Swap Palette") that loads save-specific colors.txt files from the raw (or save) directory when a world is loaded. I made this script to allow mods to use a custom color pallet without forcing the user to install one globally. It wouldn't be hard to modify this to perform seasonal switches without involving Soundsense at all.
Perfect! If you do manage to alter it, could you please send it to me? I will make the color schemes for it asap. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 04, 2016, 11:43:37 am »

Sure, I can do that. I'll probably PM it to you next tuesday, provided I don't forget...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2094 on: November 06, 2016, 03:47:27 pm »

There seems to be a small issue with bookcases. I can make an override for the item, using
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:255:I:TOOL:TOOL:25:_MDF_overrides_1:248], but I cant make an override for the building.

Same for track stops. Its a construction, but there seems to be no override for it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 06, 2016, 05:57:32 pm »

Track Stops are treated as buildings buildingdestroyers won't target, JSYK (If they were constructions, it'd disallow track stops on corners but would allow so many other fun things like track stops and pressure plates on same tile).

Same problem, nevertheless. I think the ≡ tile is also used for metal bars and metal doors.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 07, 2016, 05:29:17 am »

@Mifki - I've seen some good reviews for the experimental 5.70 build.  Any plans for when that will go stable and be released on Github, or are there known problems?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2097 on: November 07, 2016, 05:58:58 am »

@Mifki - I've seen some good reviews for the experimental 5.70 build.  Any plans for when that will go stable and be released on Github, or are there known problems?

Nope, if it doesn't crash or at least less than before, well, consider it stable, I'll upload it to github.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 07, 2016, 10:23:27 am »

Hello, I've been trying to get this plugin to work. Here are the relevant parts of my init file:
[WINDOWEDX:40]
[WINDOWEDY:30]
[FONT:curses_vector_16x24.png]

[RESIZABLE:YES]

[FULLSCREENX:0]
[FULLSCREENY:0]
[FULLFONT:curses_vector_16x24.png]

[BLACK_SPACE:YES]

[GRAPHICS:NO]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:40]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:30]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_square_16x16.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

[PRINT_MODE:TWBT]
    Mode examples:
     PRINT_MODE:2D
     PRINT_MODE:TEXT
     PRINT_MODE:FRAME_BUFFER
     PRINT_MODE:PARTIAL:0
[SINGLE_BUFFER:NO]

[TRUETYPE:24]
As far as I can tell, this should be using the 16x24 font for the text (on the right hand side of the screen) and the 16x16 font for the map (the dwarfs and all that), correct? However, it's using the 16x24 font for both. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the latest LNP (returning player after a very long time not playing).
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 07, 2016, 10:27:46 am »

[GRAPHICS:NO]
Change this to "YES".
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 185