Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561776 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9135 on: August 27, 2018, 04:58:26 am »

We are mighty warriors.

It is noted.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: August 27, 2018, 07:30:18 am »

I have a hard time getting to sleep normally, and I've found that ASMR really helps me relax and drift off.
You might want to check out sbagen, if you get a chance and don't want to deal with youtube et al. Similar concept, free, no ads, etc. It's nice.

...just probably don't want to start with the volume full blast. Stuff's intended to be played fairly low.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: August 27, 2018, 09:49:46 am »

As a hearing impaired person, I find ASMR offensive.
Y'all are ableist af. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: August 27, 2018, 10:38:07 am »

You ever zone out while watching massage videos? The kind of "Oh, I bet that feels good" sympathy response where your body starts trying to imagine/replicate what you assume the person getting massaged is feeling. It's kinda like that.

And I'll have you know that I'm an honorary blind person, so I clearly can't be ableist in any way. It is unpossible.

My last girlfriend really liked ASMR- she'd tune in to youtube at night or ask me for head scratches when she was feeling particularly uneasy.
Y'know, it's funny... I see people (oftentimes of the feminine persuasion) talking about how much they would luuuuuurve someone who would give them head scritches/play with their hair.

But at the same time, 4/5 women I personally dated refused to let me anywhere near their scalp because it would fuck up their hairstyle. Well, one wasn't exactly adverse to it so much as just constantly having so much hairspray in her 'do that she effectively was wearing a bike helmet at all times.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: August 27, 2018, 01:22:25 pm »

My hair is thick and a brown so dark a lot of people mistake it for black. I have never felt a need to have it scratched, perhaps dating back to childhood times when I really hated people patting my head.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: August 28, 2018, 12:51:05 am »

Y'know, it's funny... I see people (oftentimes of the feminine persuasion) talking about how much they would luuuuuurve someone who would give them head scritches/play with their hair.
What about the feline persuasion?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: August 28, 2018, 07:30:54 am »

They have less patience. It's skritches or you get the inspector gadget villain cosplay to the nearest available limb.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: August 28, 2018, 07:35:43 am »

What about the feline persuasion?
One of those 4/5 was legitimately named Kitty.

I've met actual cats who were more emotionally stable than she was.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: August 30, 2018, 02:40:37 am »

If consciousness is not epiphenomenal (and it seems you don't think it is, since you think that you need to be conscious to discuss consciousness), then either it is physical or there is an as-yet-undiscovered connection between quarks and the Realm of the Mind. Any theory which requires significant, unspecified changes to fundamental physics should receive a significant penalty.
You are getting it backwards.  The physics follows the evidence, the evidence does not follow the physics, no penalty therefore for disagreeing with fundamental physics. 

I don't think the connection need be between the actual quarks and the realm of the mind.  The connection is probably between the unified object that is the body and it's mind, that is because all the neurons are identical and we are only aware of some of the brain's content. Free will, if it exists likely works because there is a physical law that requires that the physical reality conform to it's mental representation.  This law works in reverse also, that is why you can move your arm freely but not engage in matrix-spoon bending. 

Your arm moving is possible, that means that the reality will conform to the mind.  You move your imaginary arm and since it corresponds to a possible state that the universe could logically assume your actual arm moves.  You try and move the spoon however and the universe 'says no' because there is no logical way that such an outcome can occur and the principle hence works backwards, your mind is forced to conform to matter rather than the reverse.

Mind must conform to matter and the universe has two ways of accomplishing this.  First it tries Mind-Over-Matter and then it tries Matter-Over-Mind. 
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: August 30, 2018, 03:03:45 am »

If consciousness is not epiphenomenal (and it seems you don't think it is, since you think that you need to be conscious to discuss consciousness), then either it is physical or there is an as-yet-undiscovered connection between quarks and the Realm of the Mind. Any theory which requires significant, unspecified changes to fundamental physics should receive a significant penalty.
You are getting it backwards.  The physics follows the evidence, the evidence does not follow the physics, no penalty therefore for disagreeing with fundamental physics. 

I don't think the connection need be between the actual quarks and the realm of the mind.  The connection is probably between the unified object that is the body and it's mind, that is because all the neurons are identical and we are only aware of some of the brain's content. Free will, if it exists likely works because there is a physical law that requires that the physical reality conform to it's mental representation.  This law works in reverse also, that is why you can move your arm freely but not engage in matrix-spoon bending. 

Your arm moving is possible, that means that the reality will conform to the mind.  You move your imaginary arm and since it corresponds to a possible state that the universe could logically assume your actual arm moves.  You try and move the spoon however and the universe 'says no' because there is no logical way that such an outcome can occur and the principle hence works backwards, your mind is forced to conform to matter rather than the reverse.

Mind must conform to matter and the universe has two ways of accomplishing this.  First it tries Mind-Over-Matter and then it tries Matter-Over-Mind. 
That's how much of a "philosopher" GC is.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: August 30, 2018, 03:55:07 am »

As much as I wish he would stop derailing every second thread with ""'debates""", and despite that it's flagrantly obvious that he will only consider what reaffirms his own opinions, I really, really do not like forum sniping.

Retreating to a place on the forum where the user in question probably won't view to go "HAHAHA" at them is pretty shitty.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: August 30, 2018, 04:12:28 am »

I agree with the other GC. The one who posted two posts ago.
Pretty sure most GD megathreads have rules against that kind of thing but IDK.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: August 30, 2018, 04:16:21 am »

As a herring impaired person i find Fishing shows on TV highly offensive. Rex Hunt can kiss my butt :/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: August 30, 2018, 04:31:05 am »

The only solution is to hope that the UB GC leaves the forum forever (or he gets banned, but that's not very likely). He was not very active lately, so that is a pretty real prospect.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:34:32 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 879