Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561793 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 1223237 views lol
« Reply #12300 on: March 23, 2022, 06:02:04 pm »

Briefs, obviously.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: March 23, 2022, 09:04:48 pm »

I'm absolutely fucking rolling over the story I got today about my father's just-recovered stolen car. Normally how this goes is that if it comes back at all, it's totaled, an absolute mess inside, impounded as evidence in the commission of a crime, &c.

His stolen car got pimped the fuck out.

It was stolen about a month back. It's nothing special, a 20-ish year old sedan with some body damage, busted headlights, old tires, broken door speakers, electrical problems, &c. Blue Book value of maybe $1300. It was recovered with all of the body damage repaired, new xenon headlights, new tires and rims, a brand new stereo system with a big set of speakers and replacements for the broken ones, a brand new GPS system, the works. Probably ~$3-4000 of work and parts put into it. The dude who had it had his collection of high-end caps on display in the rear window, it was full of belongings, they were using my grandfather's handicap tag to park in handicap parking at the place where it was located, so on and so forth. The only thing wrong with it was that the steering column is still cracked from where they hotwired it, so the key doesn't work. The nearest we can figure is that it was a targeted theft aiming for a cheap, easy-to-steal sort of car that could be flipped and sold to people who have difficulty getting insurance, financing, &c.

Obviously they're getting it inspected by their mechanic and are in contact with the detective handling the GTA investigation to get it swept for drugs/weapons, but if the damage to the steering column can be repaired he's looking at having an almost-new car that'll be good for another 20 years instead of the broken-down poorly maintained piece of crap that was stolen from him.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: March 23, 2022, 11:27:09 pm »

Absolutely amazing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: March 24, 2022, 01:31:57 am »

That's pretty damn cool.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: March 24, 2022, 02:36:54 am »

Pimp Your Ride With This One Weird Trick!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: March 24, 2022, 03:56:53 am »

Well shit I'm off to go park my old Renault in a bad neighbourhood
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12306 on: March 24, 2022, 07:02:09 am »

Surprise upgrade!

Well shit I'm off to go park my old Renault in a bad neighbourhood
Watch when no one steals it

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: March 24, 2022, 07:10:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beautiful
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: March 24, 2022, 10:04:30 am »

With that money they could have bought a car  legally, improve it and sell it without breaking the law. Altougth the pieces migth be stolen too however.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: March 24, 2022, 06:42:52 pm »

With that money they could have bought a car  legally, improve it and sell it without breaking the law. Altougth the pieces migth be stolen too however.
...depends where you are.

But there is a way you can buy car parts and build a car.  I'm pretty sure you can then get the car legally registered.
Essentially, you go into a scrap yard and pick up a 2015 Whatever and then pick up the parts you need to fix the 2015 Whatever, and rebuild it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: March 24, 2022, 06:50:40 pm »

2015 whatever.... the most recent car I ever owned was a 2006 model....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: March 24, 2022, 06:58:12 pm »

Essentially, you go into a scrap yard and pick up a 2015 Whatever and then pick up the parts you need to fix the 2015 Whatever, and rebuild it.
You can do that, but at least in florida it involves both quite a bit of nuisance and DMV/title wrangling, and having to get a special sort of title that basically means you can't resell it for even a fraction of the money you'll spend to fix it (unless you find someone staggeringly gullible, I guess, but that risks potential fraud charges and such so, y'know, you takes your risks). It's a pretty lose/lose situation from a financial angle doing it entirely legit, last time I got involved helping to unfuck a mess related to that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: March 24, 2022, 08:05:22 pm »

"I got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime..."  Johnny Cash
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: March 24, 2022, 08:50:22 pm »

The way our speculation trended was that the buyer was someone who couldn't get insurance, didn't have a license, couldn't get financing for a new car because of bad credit, &c. -- basically, who didn't meet all of the qualifications for legal purchase and operation of any vehicle. They (clearly) had the money to get a decent car so there had to have been some sort of external reason for them to knowingly buy a stolen one.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: March 24, 2022, 10:18:04 pm »

Rich people get multiple DWI's as well.
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 879