_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5796202 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Remember the Alamo.
« Reply #18180 on: September 19, 2013, 04:13:11 pm »

You want to fly the drone over to the far end of the gangway and hover it right over the Sod's heads?

(I was going to say no, just higher up on the wall where it'll have a clear view, but they seem kinda dumb.)

Anywhere where it'll have a clear view.  It's exact location doesn't really matter, those two sods are going to notice the giant robots and battlesuits first.  Over the sods should be fine, if the assault team is moving this turn.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18181 on: September 19, 2013, 04:40:16 pm »

Be a good sentential.

((Internet problems guys, might be on here shakily for the next while or so.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18182 on: September 19, 2013, 05:37:38 pm »

You start to place your bomb when you feel the shock implant tingle.

>Why don't you try placing that farther away from the ship.

T. looks back towards the ship with a look of incredulous "It's a long gangway, stop being a freaking baby". But gives the resigned shrug of a man harrowed by a pedantic AI with a shock implant, much like the resigned shrug of a man harrowed by a pedantic wife who is the sole benefactor of all foreseeable coitus.

(Fine, honey. I should've been more Sensitive to your fear of Explosions. Yes Dear, they Are a perfectly rational fear; They're Big and Loud and Dangerous. No Dear, I'm Not being sarcastic... I'm Sorry. Let's do what You want to do.)
"Where then?"

Proceed to follow instructions - If I come across a Sod weapon on my travels, take it for GWG

((Also I'll probably need to wait for the massive bulldozer to herd the crowd of civilians back into the complex first, right?
Unless I happen to be on the other side of the assault team for some reason, in which case I'm stuck in a terrified and milling crowd, so I can't really do much more than attempt to sneakily cut the throats of sods whilst I wait.))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:30:12 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18183 on: September 19, 2013, 06:17:40 pm »

Hunker down for now, look around the corner using the cameras in my fingers. If the sods shoot towards us, attempt to rederict their guass rounds back at them with my amp. If possible, jank their weapons out of their hands and float them to me before they can begin shooting the defence team, also with the amp.

((also, PW, none of the documents show that I have a microwave amp, though I most certainly do.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18184 on: September 19, 2013, 06:41:55 pm »

Set up the view-screens for the cameras at our defensive position if possible, if I can't or they can be tapped into by our wristpads or something, tell every amp user and manipulator user the frequency
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18185 on: September 19, 2013, 07:02:50 pm »

"hehehehe"
ghost down the gangway stay in corners or away from obvious places where I could be "seen" by sods
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18186 on: September 19, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »

Hearing the alarm, Denzel goes into the room by the gangway to stand by.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18187 on: September 19, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »

((I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((and now you've figured out part of why Lyra is so hyper-sensitive to certain stimuli))
((I don't get what Sean was implying in the first place. :S))

((Sean, do you mind if I save a copy of that drawing to my computer? I... I like it quite a bit.))
((I don't mind. ^_^ In fact, I can even link you the unresized (and uncropped) version, should you need it for anything.

edit: on the other hand, why uncropped?))
((I love that.
Thanks..err, also could I save a copy there? That would be really awesome.))

((I'll never get you men.))

((Eh, don't worry, neither will we.))
((It was never meant as a sexist remark! D: I get you, but that was jokingly!! D:))
((So...he is basically unarmed. Great.))
((only until someone goes down, once we have a casulty it would be prudent to take their weapon. even so, reality is Grate has so little weapons skill that when he attacks he is an equal or greater threat to himself and his allies as to the enemy. (remember, he'll crit-fail on a 1 OR 2 because of his -1, and needs a 5 or 6 to even hit) ))
((I'll take care of it. This is why I've my sheet saved for reasons.))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel to Steve
Steve, we can't pacify the civilians, but please bear with me.

SEND WHATEVER UMW SECURITY PROTOCOLS THEY HAVE ON THE WORLD-CURFEWS, SAFETY DETAILS, ANYTHING.

I'm sending out a faux call that we're with the UMW, and we're rooting out a traitor in the command center.

Speech roll as bonus effect!
Announce our presence to scatter the civilians under pretense of safety regulations and our guise: That we're UMW special forces and that the base -right there- is harboring a traitor--said traitor could be controlling the security forces or other armaments of collateral destruction.

In essence: Tell the civilians to clear the way. They don't need to work at this current moment and situation!

Let this be it.
Feyri stood up from cover and walked into the open ground, cautious of any enemies hiding in the discernible vicinity-especially marksmen-and decided to do this on her own terms.
"Squad D, this is Feyri Nirel. Under no pretense are you to fire on civilians unless any crossfire emerges-and only until we see hostiles in color (in uniform) do we return fire.

"Move to disarm any civilian supporters! Help me in dispersing the innocents."
she said, then added on a secret channel, "If we are to take this world as our own-we ENSURE that it is taken by valid means, and NOT as our spotty and crappy reputation signifies! Move across the gangway, under cover and quickly!

"Watch out for automated defenses and prepare breaching and high explosives. Aim at the base and stick near cover. Anyone with shields, move to the front!"

Yes I'm listening to the briefing :3
And if we're lucky, the ruse of working with the UWM would be better than temporary.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:36:26 pm by Tiruin »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18188 on: September 19, 2013, 08:39:02 pm »

"Alright."
Thomas scans the area to try and find anyone who could be a hostile sniper, or for troop movements. If he sees any hostiles, he lines up a shot with low dispersion and high power. If he sees none, he heads down into the gangway proper to help with the evacuation.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18189 on: September 19, 2013, 10:32:47 pm »

((So...he is basically unarmed. Great.))
((only until someone goes down, once we have a casulty it would be prudent to take their weapon. even so, reality is Grate has so little weapons skill that when he attacks he is an equal or greater threat to himself and his allies as to the enemy. (remember, he'll crit-fail on a 1 OR 2 because of his -1, and needs a 5 or 6 to even hit) ))
((True, but now I have no idea what Grate thinks he should be doing. Which I will translate into Grate not knowing what to do when a firefight breaks out.))

Speech roll as bonus effect!
Announce our presence to scatter the civilians under pretense of safety regulations and our guise: That we're UMW special forces and that the base -right there- is harboring a traitor--said traitor could be controlling the security forces or other armaments of collateral destruction.
In essence: Tell the civilians to clear the way. They don't need to work at this current moment and situation!

Let this be it.
Feyri stood up from cover and walked into the open ground, cautious of any enemies hiding in the discernible vicinity-especially marksmen-and decided to do this on her own terms.
"Squad D, this is Feyri Nirel. Under no pretense are you to fire on civilians unless any crossfire emerges-and only until we see hostiles in color (in uniform) do we return fire.
"Move to disarm any civilian supporters! Help me in dispersing the innocents."
she said, then added on a secret channel, "If we are to take this world as our own-we ENSURE that it is taken by valid means, and NOT as our spotty and crappy reputation signifies! Move across the gangway, under cover and quickly!
"Watch out for automated defenses and prepare breaching and high explosives. Aim at the base and stick near cover. Anyone with shields, move to the front!"

Yes I'm listening to the briefing :3
And if we're lucky, the ruse of working with the UWM would be better than temporary.
Aid Speech Roll with a Speech Roll of my own!
"We don't wanna hurt you, we just wanna help! We wanna help everyone, and if that means we take down the bad people running stuff we will! It's our job! We're kinda like superheroes, I guess! And we will save the day!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18190 on: September 19, 2013, 11:21:34 pm »

((Oh great, Feyri, Grate and Charles are all trying to do a speech roll, if this is a combined speech roll, things could get !!FUN!!))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18191 on: September 19, 2013, 11:22:18 pm »

((Oh great, Feyri, Grate and Charles are all trying to do a speech roll, if this is a combined speech roll, things could get !!FUN!!))
((If you want I could make things even worse with my -2 penalty and hideous appearance.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18192 on: September 20, 2013, 02:35:51 am »

Alright, giant pallet of drones. Let's get to work.

Find a convenient crate near the Sword to crouch behind and study my giant pallet of drones and their control mechanism.

If it looks like a drone could be somewhat concealed near the ceiling, order two drones to fly up to the ceiling and wait for further orders as close to the ceiling as they can get, against opposite walls.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18193 on: September 20, 2013, 04:12:58 am »

((I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((and now you've figured out part of why Lyra is so hyper-sensitive to certain stimuli))
((I don't get what Sean was implying in the first place. :S))
((Good. Let it stay that way.))

((Sean, do you mind if I save a copy of that drawing to my computer? I... I like it quite a bit.))
((I don't mind. ^_^ In fact, I can even link you the unresized (and uncropped) version, should you need it for anything.

edit: on the other hand, why uncropped?))
((I love that.
Thanks..err, also could I save a copy there? That would be really awesome.))
((But of course. Feel free to save a copy. ^_^))

Anton peeks out from behind the crate, somewhat confused, looking at the fleeing civilians and the unmoving Sods.

"I get the feeling those Sods are waiting for us to start being hostile. The civilians have a panic response, but Sods are military muscle. Maybe they won't start shooting till someone else does?"

He turns to Pancaek.

"Heh. Maybe somebody should go and speak with them? Say something like "Hello, we'd like to overthrow your corrupt government. Please start shooting at your earliest convenience." That ought to do it."

Keep watching what happens.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18194 on: September 20, 2013, 04:14:16 am »

Look down scope at Sods if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 2101