Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 559489 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #615 on: September 14, 2012, 02:42:02 pm »

Suddenly the images are working again. I think I'll try not to think about it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 14, 2012, 03:28:46 pm »

Suddenly the images are working again. I think I'll try not to think about it.
Yeah, only Pro Thinkers can really comprehend the madness that is this fort, and everything it touches. Possibly madmen too, but whatever.
I could post the next part of my posthumous journal, but... eh. I'll probably do it tomorrow.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #617 on: September 14, 2012, 04:17:14 pm »

Your dwarf foo is stronger than mine, and I thus concede defeat :-).
Do you mind if I put this in my sig?
Dorf-Fu is a wise and mystic art of combat and you'd be wise to verse yourself in it.  Get drunk sober and tantrum through the dining hall until only you are left alive. 
Same to this.

Go for it :-).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #618 on: September 14, 2012, 04:36:25 pm »

Huh, so Hellcannon is dead then. I thought it was still going.

Put me on turn list If Im not already there and dorf me as Kaamanen, thank you.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 14, 2012, 05:11:11 pm »

and dorf me as Kaamanen, thank you.

Good luck with that, mate.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 14, 2012, 05:19:37 pm »

Please tell me that's snowed-over Fetid Muck and the Nefarious Mist pools haven't been spread about...

Seeing as we've breached the aquifer, would you mind going to where the Trade Depot is and get any idle/disposable dwarves working on finishing this?  All that really needs to be built is the gears and waterwheels on the upper level.

I could tell you that, but then I'd be a dirty liar.  The Nefarious Mist is EVERYWHERE.  I am never, ever, opening those doors.

As for the trade depot, you can see it in a back room of the fort if you look closely.  Maybe I'll engineer one someplace seperate from the fort, but safe, for merchants to come die in, if I get some migrants that survive eventually so I can do the work.

Catalyst, your pictures aren't showing up here for some reason.
They are working for me as well.
Do you have googleusercontent.com blocked, that is where CatalystParadox uploaded them to.

Yeah, I use Picasa, because I'm lazy and havent bothered to sign up for and transfer to a better service since discovering it sort of sucks.  Sorry if its causing anyone problems.

^Likewise.
I say seal the fort up and try to survive by breeding. It may be slow going for a while, but if the local breeders are any good we could have a dozen or so little baby dwarves toddling around uselessly by the end of the year. Best-case scenario, we get an inbred drunken enclave of midgets on the edge of Hell on Earth. Worst-case is that we get zombies; not a whole lot of directions to go but up, though. Right?
Too bad our only potential breeder is married to a dead guy.

Do they ever re-mate?  Because if so, we could theoretically have an Annoying Doomsayer and a Prophet of Cheese as the progenitors of the whole fortress.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 14, 2012, 05:49:41 pm »

^Likewise.
I say seal the fort up and try to survive by breeding. It may be slow going for a while, but if the local breeders are any good we could have a dozen or so little baby dwarves toddling around uselessly by the end of the year. Best-case scenario, we get an inbred drunken enclave of midgets on the edge of Hell on Earth. Worst-case is that we get zombies; not a whole lot of directions to go but up, though. Right?
Too bad our only potential breeder is married to a dead guy.

Do they ever re-mate?  Because if so, we could theoretically have an Annoying Doomsayer and a Prophet of Cheese as the progenitors of the whole fortress.

Nay, they do not re-marry, at least as far as I am aware. Unfortunate, as that would be a most fitting ancestral tree.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 14, 2012, 06:51:52 pm »

I could tell you that, but then I'd be a dirty liar.  The Nefarious Mist is EVERYWHERE.  I am never, ever, opening those doors.
As far as I can tell, I've never actually seen anyone get infected by the nefarious mist without running directly through the Evil Zone. You might want to at least try to get the some of the spring migrants in through the secret hatch entrance, since it's probably going to be the last wave for quite some time. Worst case scenario, you have to lock the hatch back up because a zombie found it before they did.

I hope you haven't forgotten about those two flimsy-wooden doors at the south side we mentioned, that spell imminent doom for the fortress if left as they are.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 14, 2012, 09:03:04 pm »

The south side is sealed by a wall built on a staircase. Unless someone removed it.

Either way, you should dig a new fort in the stone and abandon the soil layer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 14, 2012, 09:07:20 pm »

Uh... Catalyst?  My request wasn't about the Trade Depot, but the room it's currently built in and the connected one below it.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 14, 2012, 09:33:14 pm »

Uh... Catalyst?  My request wasn't about the Trade Depot, but the room it's currently built in and the connected one below it.

Yeeeeeepppppp totally failed to read your post correctly.

I'll see what I can do, but there are currently MAYBE two functional dwarves, both of whom are missing a limb, so its a big maybe. 
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 14, 2012, 09:51:32 pm »

I'll see what I can do, but there are currently MAYBE two functional dwarves, both of whom are missing a limb, so its a big maybe.
Hold on, hold on, how long has it been in-game since any migrants have managed to get in the fort? A wave already died this turn, and I think it was on aC's turn that we stabilized at four, so... 2 years, almost? And if only two of them can do anything, I don't see how we're going to get much further here until we can guarantee some sort of way in without dying.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 14, 2012, 09:56:57 pm »

Yeeeeeepppppp totally failed to read your post correctly.

S'all good.  I honestly thought there were more able-bodied dwarves, so don't bother if there's so few.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 14, 2012, 09:57:56 pm »

I actually had to endure a 4-dwarf fortress for 3-4 years. Well, technically it decreased from 9 to 4 over an extended period of time, but the last few years were definitely very lonely.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 14, 2012, 11:10:27 pm »

I actually had to endure a 4-dwarf fortress for 3-4 years. Well, technically it decreased from 9 to 4 over an extended period of time, but the last few years were definitely very lonely.

Didn't Battlefailed dip that low fairly early?

So the cycle begins anew...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 136