Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69951 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 49 - Faith Demands Force
« Reply #480 on: May 03, 2013, 01:58:41 pm »

Huh. I commend you for your ingenuity. Mo'kar is surely proud.

Surrepiteously wipe out the message with a foot.

Sorry about that, but I'm not as young as I used to be and there are those reddish brown stains over there, he said, gesturing.

Well, now that this misunderstanding has been cleared up, I'd better apologize to Mo'kar for taking the easiest assumption rather than searching for the truth.

Pray to Mo'kar for forgiveness.
Possibly recieve holy vision.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 03, 2013, 02:21:02 pm »

Now that's a written invitation if I've ever seen one.

Lars looks at the guard.  A true heretic, unlike these unenlightened masses.  Now was the time.  He pointed directly at the guard.

"Foul heathen, one who would follow the false Kezilam!  Repent your sins, turn away from your false god and follow, now, the One True God!  Convert, or taste the cleansing flames!

Demand the guard repent.  If he fails to do so, God's Wrath him on fire (Base level, so MP cost 3).  Scream something appropriate while doing so, such as "Then taste the fires of God, heretic!

Now we're cooking with fire!

"Your offers of limitless debauchery are heard and appreciated, fine heretic."

I'm glad to see that Lars is really getting the point across here.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:23:43 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 03, 2013, 02:47:11 pm »

((So what, five turns in and he's already lighting someone on fire? We really are a bunch of sorry prophets.

Quite possibly long-lived as well, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 03, 2013, 02:48:30 pm »

((So what, five turns in and he's already lighting someone on fire? We really are a bunch of sorry prophets.

Quite possibly long-lived as well, though.))
((I'd be driving foos insane with SHEER KNOWLEDGE but I got no MP.
Dawg.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 03, 2013, 03:30:09 pm »

"It's times like this I wish I still had a daraje."

Locate another wound on the tree to get sap from. If this fails, get a sharp implement to make a new one with.

Fix the other holes with sap.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 04, 2013, 12:13:34 pm »

Elizas takes Gezerim someplace out of sight.

"If you don't have someplace safe and secret in the city, you need to get out of here. I foresee a great war to come."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 50 - Alightenment
« Reply #486 on: May 06, 2013, 04:19:43 pm »

Turn 50 - Alightenment

Gronok notes Onon's appearance, moving quickly to wipe out the filthy lies scratched in the dirt with his ancient slightly, chewed foot.

"Huh. I commend you for your ingenuity. Mo'kar is surely proud."

"That's good, I suppose. My back didn't appreciate the tree branch much, however. But at least I've curried favor with the divine power."

"Sorry about that, but I'm not as young as I used to be and there are those reddish brown stains over there."

"Oh, that. There were some small berries over there and you fell on them. I figured I shouldn't let you sleep in gunk, so I rolled you slightly away."

Gronok clears his throat slightly.

"Well, now that this misunderstanding has been cleared up, I'd better apologize to Mo'kar for taking the easiest assumption rather than searching for the truth."

Gronok immediately kneels in his leafy bedding, praying to Mo'kar. He is suddenly hit with an amazing vision! It's a large city, larger than any he's seen so far. And it's on fire, burning intensely, the air full of screams of heretics. However, among them all stands one man. He is not on fire. He is not impressed. He is not one of the faithful.

"Burn my flesh and slay my fellows, but you will not break me. None can break me. I am the man you cannot touch, the man you cannot reach. And yet I can reach any man for a price. I am the torch of disobedience, the one that never laughs, but always mocks."

Maybe it's because he might be an asshole, but Gronok can't help but intensely dislike this man. He gets the feeling that this man has... gravely wronged him in a way both unspeakable and imperceptible to the mind, yet perfectly clear in an emotional sense. As he opens his eyes, he feels himself consumed by a hatred he has never felt before. A hatred whose origins transcend him and stem from something else, something higher. Perhaps even the mind of Mo'kar himself.

Lars diverts his attention to the guard, pointing at him most sternly.

"Foul heathen, one who would follow the false Kezilam!  Repent your sins, turn away from your false god and follow, now, the One True God!  Convert, or taste the cleansing flames!"

"Um, how about no?"

"Then let the flames of the one true God consume your heathen flesh!"

Lars' entire body radiates a white glow briefly, his breath turning to acrid smoke as he spits out the words of righteous hatred, turning the full attention of God on the guard. A split second passes as the guard is enveloped in bright white flames, heat radiating from his body. It is but a flash of divine flame, subsiding in a second, but this second proves enough for the guard to stop resembling so much a guard of a temple as a standing mass of scars and painful boils, his current existence clearly a bit too painful for the average mind to consider.

[Temple Guard endurance roll: 2]

He falls over in a screaming, twitching heap, his mind struggling to accept his new state of being. His new enlightenment, so to speak. Or should it be "alightenment"? The public looks visibly shaken by this display.

"Holy crap! Even prophets didn't do that in my day! And they were real prophets of Kezilam, unlike those sissies you get these days."

"Indeed! Limitless debauchery and holy fire, how could we possibly go wrong with that combination?"

"Evangelize to us some more, oh mighty prophet! We are willing to listen to you!"

3 MP expended!
Heretics burned! 1 MP gained!

Phiali, not discouraged by such setbacks, looks for some more sap to utilize for his needs. Unfortunately for him, no trees seem to secrete it in particularly large amounts, as this forest is peculiarly lacking in wounded trees of most kinds.

Well, you know what they say - nothing easier to make than new wounds! Unfortunately, wounding a tree is a bit of a tall order for Phiali right now, as he is experiencing a bit of a shortage of sharp implements. At least ones that wouldn't take forever to wound trees with. Stupid trees and their silly resilient bark.

As Elizas leads the hapless Gezerim away from the prying eyes of undesirables, then lays it all out for him.

"If you don't have someplace safe and secret in the city, you need to get out of here. I foresee a great war to come."

Gezerim shrugs.

"Sure, no problem. Thanks for the help, dear fellow. See you later!"

He begins to quickly make his way in a certain direction, presumably to return to what he was doing. Huh.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2013, 06:01:10 pm »

Gronok is silent.

Mo'kar has granted me a vision. A man, a heretic. An enemy of the faith. He is the torch of disobedience, the mocker.
We must find him.

Travel to the city, quest in mind. Try to recall the features of the man so I will recognize him when I see him.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2013, 06:08:16 pm »

((The Mocker is Lars!))

Look in the abandoned houses for sharp implements, then. "It's not stealing if I'm helping them and put them right back afterwards."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2013, 08:46:01 pm »

Except he's in a big city.  Lars is in a crappy village with only one nice building; a heretic temple.

Also, I want Mr. Debauchery as my right-hand man now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 06, 2013, 08:49:12 pm »

"Well, that's that. What to do now...hmm..."

Elizas goes off to find some sort of alcohol selling establishment in town, or at least find out about their existence.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 06, 2013, 09:02:29 pm »

The True God!  A divine miracle had been imparted, and the hearts of the people were open.  Now it was time to sway them.

"People of Kilnipom!  Behold what awaits those who stubborn cling to their false gods!"

"The One True God has commanded us to act!"
  Lars gestures at the dirty ramshackle buildings of the village.  "See how you all live in poverty, while these liars and heretics-"  here he pointed behind him at the temple-  "live in opulence!  We have been commanded to tear down this monstrosity!  We must go in there and take back what is rightfully ours!  Smash down the temple, burn those who do not repent, and kneel to the One True God!"

Inspire the masses to tear down the offending temple.

Man, Lars almost sounds like a communist there.  Next he'll start singing the Internationale...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 06, 2013, 09:26:17 pm »

The True God!  A divine miracle had been imparted, and the hearts of the people were open.  Now it was time to sway them.

"People of Kilnipom!  Behold what awaits those who stubborn cling to their false gods!"

"The One True God has commanded us to act!"
  Lars gestures at the dirty ramshackle buildings of the village.  "See how you all live in poverty, while these liars and heretics-"  here he pointed behind him at the temple-  "live in opulence!  We have been commanded to tear down this monstrosity!  We must go in there and take back what is rightfully ours!  Smash down the temple, burn those who do not repent, and kneel to the One True God!"

Inspire the masses to tear down the offending temple.

Man, Lars almost sounds like a communist there.  Next he'll start singing the Internationale...

It doesn't help that you are in red.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 06, 2013, 09:45:51 pm »

Except he's in a big city.  Lars is in a crappy village with only one nice building; a heretic temple.
He's also not much of a heretic.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 06, 2013, 09:52:04 pm »

He's also not much of a heretic.
He's the second most faithful of the lot.
The most faithful, of course, is me.
Hey, the New God doesn't forbid pride.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60