Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436883 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((Plus, his actions eventually devolved into "enter house, kill occupants.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((My actions may eventually become this.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((I'm glad I'm not on his squad.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((He has an amp and you're in the same city as him.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((He has an amp and you're in the same city as him.))
((He won't be near me or trying to kill anyone near me. That gives me good chances.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"I see. Thank you."

See if my uniform actually fits, and what it looks like.

Also examine self.

You appear to be an albino woman, 7 feet tall, with a lithe frame and greatly accentuated muscles, almost as though you're lacking skin. You look like an alabaster goddess, something carved from granite and more at home in a museum then the battlefield. The uniform looks fairly similar to the ones the masked men wore; a unisex, loose fitting silver outfit with an underlayer or fishscale metal armor. It comes with a hooded mask as well, although it doesn't really look like the ones the other guards had. They look...vaguely demonic. All bright colors, boar fangs and bugged out eyes.

"...Oh! I see."

Quote from: Message to Everyone except May
Sorry, I'm still getting usef to this stuff.

Could we call May the "backup" something? Or maybe make her the person who glares at people and doesn't talk? What do they call those?

"Mister Messenger! You didn't answer my questions! Did you forget them? I can repeat them! What's your name? What's the Radiant One's name? What's his name? Are there priests? Are the priests nice or evil or crazy? Are there lots of people? Are they nice, evil, or crazy? Is there a free museum and if so can I go to it? Can I see the people? Is there a not-free museum? Are there other kids? Can I talk to Mr. Jim and other people on the Damocles's Sword? Will this place be like there? Do you know Steve? He's there, on the spaceship. Do we have to hurt people? Will these people hurt me? Are you going to hurt me? Is that what that look means?"
Grate briefly clams up.
Ask the questions despite the implied unkind look.

"This place is pretty. Who made it? Do you know? Was it made long ago? How old is it? Is that new? Why is everything outside the palace so brown? Is it because there's no water? Where are you going? Why does almost no one answer my questions?"

Grate then goes over to a random bed. "This one is mine." He then goes to and looks in the chest, looking for the smallest uniform. He grabs it, puts it on, and then walks over to whichever girl, in his opinion, looks most like Miss Feyri and least like Miss May.
"Hi! What's your name?"
Ask. Check to see if any uniforms fit Grate.
The man has run off, presumably to avoid the incessant questioning of a child that somehow found his way into a crowd of murderers. You search through the chest until you find what you assume is your uniform; it's the only one that fits you at least. That done you wander over to the nearest girl and ask her her name.

"My name is not important to one such as you. Please call me what you wish." She says, avoiding your gaze and bowing slightly.

Refrain from talking in your sleep and I shan't kill you in it.
He walks to a bed close to the wall.
I'll sleep here.

Retrieve and examine uniform before putting on.
You examine the uniform. It is a fairly standard wrapper for these sorts of meat creatures. Might as well wear it anyways.

((Hmmph, I did an action that specifically declared her to get in her suit to be un-naked before she asked the questions. But whatever.))

May goes over to the chest and pulls out a garb, putting it over her suit. She then walks up to one of the young girls left at her disposal.

"...why are these the only clothes they give you?"

Get dressed, then ask girl question.
(Pardon me then. He chooses not to speak with you for the fact that you're a mildly horrifying albino weirdo who just spent several minutes arguing with another mildly horrifying albino weirdo, and seemed the stranger of the two. Same old same old.)

You put the uniform on over your suit and ask your question of the girl.

"We were told that such things are the custom of your caste." She says, looking away from you.

"So far no explosions... let's see if I can get this scout tool working before the meeting."

Put on uniform, make sure faceplate is down, and examine the controls for the scout eye. Ask if there is a very large, empty space I could use.
The man is gone, disappearing the second the collective group looked away, but you're fairly certain you saw a courtyard downstairs and away from the barracks a bit.  You put on your uniform and sit down on one of the cushions to examine the controls for the scout eye. They seem fairly simple, a little joystick and a few buttons for manual control, and a key pad for preprogrammed actions.

((Either I'm blind from staring through the eyepiece of a microscope for hours, or you're having the servants wear plants.))
several young women wearing loose fitting silk  plants and not much else.
:o
((Good morning to you too Piecewise.))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Renen Averius von Raptum/Everyone else that isn't May's wristpad.
Who's that robot?

Quote from: Faith Message to All
The synthflesh is Faith.

I thought I was underprepared and didn't have many options.
Feyri's eyes widened upon reading the words.
Not Faith...
She stopped and waited for Grate to come near before tapping him on the shoulder, keeping her thoughts away on what had happened to her friend.
"Firstly, Xan is a grumpy person. He's like that, but I doubt he'll just kill you. I've seen those types--rough and gritty, seen the world in a bad perception--just don't take it personally and be yourself around him. Friendly.

"Next, don't expect explosions. One thing I've to tell you: this isn't like any of those holoshows you may have had as a kid, or any of the virtualtoons you're watching. This is reality. Our mission is to guard people's lives, and in failing to do so, we lose who we are--we let innocents die."
She knelt down to his eye level and tapped him on the nose, looking him in the eye. "That's for memory. If there's anything you need, come to me, OK? Don't bother the messenger with all your questions. He's a busy man."

Faceplate always up. Tell the servant girls that we'd (or I'd...) like some privacy for changing into our uniforms. Then move to some corner where I'm quite sure no surveillance devices could see me from my vicinity and examine uniform for any tracking device or minute instrument concealed in it.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel=Xan
Please don't threaten Grate. Thanks.

"Steve, I wonder why you gave our measurements beforehand for their tailors. So I'll ask. Why did you?"
Ask Steve. Action may be later. Standing action now is above.

>Why? Because they asked for them. Hard to make uniforms without measurements. [/color

[intuition:1+1]
You inspect the uniform as you get dressed in the corner, out of range of prying eyes. You can find no tracking or monitoring devices in it; at least none that are obvious.

"Sweet digs! Also, messenger, can we contact you some way if we have further questions?"

He then stops dancing and begins to sing the ode to Sandy once more.

Look at uniform, appreciate its workmanship if appropriate, then put it on.

You look at the uniform. It's quite well made; and apparently hand sewn. Although, to be completely honest, it looks like it is designed much more with turning away a blade then protecting from a bullet or laser.

walk over to an unused pillow, pick it up, carry it over to the corner of the room hidden behind the door whenever the door opens (from the perspective of whoever opened the door), set it down, and sit on it.
You grab a cushion and drag it over to the corner near the door. You plop down, cross legged, and stare out over the rest of the room.

Quote from: Renen to Feyri
Hum...We could use May to cause fear on the rioteers. It's an idea, the threat of extreme sexual abuse is one of the best forms of causing terror that I know of.

Renen looks at the women, then starts to look for a silver uniform.

Get an uniform, a silver one if there is a choice. Wear it. Try to control the perv mode.Look for a place with privacy.
[will:6]
You successfully restrain yourself. In fact you restrain yourself so successfully that you think you may have just inadvertently made yourself asexual. Oh well, you have a silver uniform at the very least. No really private places though. You could hide in a corner and be out of sight, but thats not really private.

((You should really read the mission. His account had a few parts modified for comic effect.))
((If I have time and a link to the first post in the mission, sure.

And you didn't explain the "debilitating weakness to doors," Empiricist.))
((Ivan, the resident proto-Altered chitinous monstrosity (that went AWOL shortly afterward) had, on at least two separate occasions that mission, tried to get through simple wooden doors. In at least one case the door wasn't even locked. And he failed every time. Hard. Failed to open, failed to break through, failed to tear down, etc. When he tried to preemptively bypass the door and went through the adjacent wall instead, he would succeed. It's a lot funnier to read in the mission text itself. ^_^

prepost edit: ninja'd))
Ah memories. Remember when ER was good?

Me neither.

Although I do really like how the missions are getting their own little nicknames and becoming history. And how we actually have an in game, player cased "incident". The name "Sunrise over China-9" makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:46:26 am by piecewise »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We were told that such things are the custom of your caste." She says, looking away from you.
Overhearing the conversation, Charles let out a quiet sigh that sounded like the noise that an upset deflating balloon would be expected to make.
"I can assure you that whatever they told you about our customs is highly inaccurate."
Charles quickly glances at his supposed teammates.
"In regards to most of them, at least."
Charles takes a uniform and inspects it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:05:49 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Stacy continues his gentle singing as he moves about the area.

"~Sometimes I feel like bein' wispy, and once in a while I feel like bein' dry,
But we're doomed and we're drowned by this feeling we surround,
So I hope that I get old before I die!"

Search around the building while singing. What other facilities are within reach? Anything like a workbench? What about any tools? Also, ask someone around who isn't a teammate if there are any free aerosol cans around. Or better yet, some more powerful sprayer like one you'd use for pesticide spraying. There's a gardener around here someplace, isn't there?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:54:47 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

wait for people to stop crowding around the uniforms, then retrieve mine ((considering my tiny size, mine should be distinctive, even Grate is bigger than me I think)) and take it to my corner. inspect it for any hidden features, flaws, oddities, and design errors.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Lie back on a random bed and tap a stattaco rythmn against my head as I wait for the commencement of whatever we're doing.
Possibly begin to self-narrate self life. In one of those noir detective voices.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Hey Steve," Faith said, typed, or otherwise attempted to communicate without anyone but Steve hearing. "Is the UWM sure they're on the right side of this thing? These guys hardly seem like the most efficient government you could ask for, and from the brief sound of it they might even be at a disadvantage against their own starving, unarmed populace."

Sedition.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Sedition. Nice action. Now I want to know what PW would do if that was the only thing in your post :P
Was also intending to ask the girls about such a space, but no matter, information retrieved! 'bout how many 'turns' til noon? I recall that it's early morning at the moment?))

Examine the pre-programmed options! Try and figure out if it's possible to adjust them.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Analyze the uniform.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((considering my tiny size, mine should be distinctive, even Grate is bigger than me I think))
((I suspect that I should check my teammates' character sheets' and/or mission histories at some point...))

"I want to call you by your name. What is you name?"
Continue to stubbornly attempt to be polite.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((I'm surprised the UWM doesn't have people working with those Heretics. The UWM does value stability and order however they do seem like the kind of people who would have contingencies, in case the current government is overthrown.

Edit: Or maybe they do and they're simply counting on the HMRC's tendency to fuck up near civilians to provide the spark required to ignite this powder keg.))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:49:09 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 243