Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169715 times)

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 22 - Beta V0.5 - Herbalist and legendary Bonecarvers
« Reply #870 on: January 23, 2014, 12:30:16 am »

Mage staff and wraithblade ammo will bring us back to the same problem. When one member of the squard require quiver, entire squard will want it too.
So I thing you should make them item syndrome instead.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 23, 2014, 12:58:55 am »

is it possible to make a caste or spell to shoot blood?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

could we get a mega pylon to pulse the whole map?  say it requires the corpse of 5 pylons and feed it a soul or a few every time you want a pulse
how would you feel about pylon upgrades that doesn't cost the life of a necromancer? possibly a longer time the minion can be away
and i find the mephits make it a tad bit easy or annoying, i got 6 locks=24 mephits. kill half and have plenty of souls and early defense.  any chance of making it more prone to fun and set them to 2 per warlock?
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 23, 2014, 02:38:17 am »

So, you are doing that on purpose?
nope. I was trying to make a linux version. I had no Issues with the last few releases. But something changed. I never had those Problems before. And I try to figure out why :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #873 on: January 23, 2014, 02:46:58 am »

Minions are now ~2,5 per Warlock. Min 1, max 4.

I had one crash at embark, dont know were that came from.

Nuttycompa: Good point. I will give their staves some ranged interaction. The only difference is the AI: If they have ranged weapons, they will stand and shoot. If they have melee weapons that give interactions, they will use the interactions, but rush into melee regardless, because they think that they only have a melee weapon.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 23, 2014, 02:53:31 am »

Ok, so I started up a test fort and this time there was a big free for all once again as soon as migrants came and I can't identify who started it, but I know the minions were involved and at least one ghoul flipped his shit for no reason whatsoever and started attacking them, which prompted a migrant warlock to get angry as well and attack said ghoul. Are feral separate creature or are they just a caste/a kind of disease specific to ghouls? Because it seems that if ghouls fight... Well, anything it's impossible to get them to stop until everything attacking them or they are dead, regardless of who's side they're on.

Something keeps upsetting the minions and ghouls which leads to violence at a point in the fort's life where losses aren't acceptable due to manpower shortage.

EDIT: I had to slayrace two ghouls to get the violence to stop. This is getting to be a real nuisance.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 23, 2014, 03:02:06 am »

is it possible to make a caste or spell to shoot blood?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can copy the magma crab attack to shoot globs of blood. I am afraid that it will have little damage however. That will not count toward the actual creature's blood either (no bleeding to death by firing too much).
Both issues can be fixed by editing raws and scripting magic.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:18:53 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #876 on: January 23, 2014, 03:17:48 am »

Feral ghouls are a separate creature that is crazed. They come from the Graveyard only. Splint, did you have these troubles from migrants, or from spawned ghouls from the graveyard?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 23, 2014, 03:20:21 am »

I did not have time to test it properly, but I saw that warlocks are item thieves. When I tried to add this feature to a civ, caravans ended 'stealing' their whole inventory. Does this happens here too? (or did you remove trading?)

And a suggestion : Summoning succubi to provide bonuses when they interact with prisonners. :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 23, 2014, 03:31:03 am »

Feral ghouls are a separate creature that is crazed. They come from the Graveyard only. Splint, did you have these troubles from migrants, or from spawned ghouls from the graveyard?

Migrants. In both cases a migrant ghoul or a resident minion has initiated hostilities with one attacking the other or an uncontrolled skeleton. In both cases this has happened, the ghouls raged upon witnessing any sort of aggression, and I had to slayrace the belligerent ghoul(s) to get hostilities to cease.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #879 on: January 23, 2014, 04:45:30 am »

I did remove trading. ;) (I think some warlock can still tame orcish oxen at worldgen, and suddenly have pack animals ^^)

I removed prone to rage from ghouls, and made them slow for a few hundret ticks when they migrate/embark. They shouldnt be able to reach the skeletons anymore, giving them enough time to remove their opposed to life (which they can remove themselves once, for 1 week, only when they embark/migrate)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 23, 2014, 06:55:39 am »

funnier solution have a warlock granted the task of walking in the new guests. not so funnier solution place a pylon next to the edge of the map.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 23, 2014, 07:06:04 am »

funnier solution have a warlock granted the task of walking in the new guests. not so funnier solution place a pylon next to the edge of the map.

The problem was how early it was happening. I couldn't have had pylons ready if I had wanted to. Tried burrows too, but that didn't really pan out so well.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #882 on: January 23, 2014, 07:18:57 am »

- Fleshsmith => Special gear and flesh/bone constructs.
--->Armor that heals the person wearing it?
--->Vampiric weapons that suck out the blood of those it strikes and heals the weilder? Specifically scourges.

- Catapult Ammo => Some sort of Warpstone AoE Ammo.
---->Warpstone weapons with mutation mechanics.

- Use for Megabeast Souls
----->Creation of incredibly powerful weapons? A final form for Skeletons? Creation of 'BoneGiants'?

- Use for fossils, treasures and relics.
----->No idea here....

- Use for Tear, Blood and Bone of Armok Gems.
----->I liked the old fountains. But if those don't work, then perhaps special skeletons? Water/Fire/Dust Skeletons?

- A magma-only workshop/tech of some kind.
----->Perhaps some kind of hellforge making warpstone weaponry?

- A use for the curious ritual knives
----->Sacrificial alter to produce extra souls or something else? Special spells?

- Ammo for the Magestaff / Wraithblade
----->Spellcharges and Hexcharges are my votes.

- Aura-Shields (?)
----->Perhaps Aura-Cowls instead? Rather than just shields it'd be something anybody might wear?

- Attribute-boosts from souls. Devour soul = get more strength/agility/endurance.
-----> Sounds good.

- Temporary Uber-Soldier transformation, which ends with the user dying/going berserk.
----->Like the dark elves in Thor: The Dark World? The monster types? Perhaps something more like a wretched bound creature, tortured beyond imagining and only kept alive by the bindings that also restrain it. When released from it's bondage, it goes berserk and kills everything around it as it slowly bleeds to death.

- Use some of the dwarven/orc/kobold magic as well.
----->Definitely dwarven dark magic. Corrupted forms of the others.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #883 on: January 23, 2014, 09:00:43 am »

lol.

This
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:COMMAND_KIDNAP]
    [NAME:command:commands]
    [UNIMPROVABLE][TILE:33]

made from this
[INORGANIC:MINION]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:minion]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:1][TILE:176]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]

aka a "Minion Command", which is just used for your Overlord to tell your minions in raids what to do... is worth... wait for it... 37945413*. The prisoner intel is of similar value. Wtf. I dont know why ^^ Probably because the tool has no size. But wow. My fort is super rich. I have 1,3 billion wealth because of these items.  :D  (I played a 1,5 year fort so far. Got some issues noted down, but mostly it plays ok. I just think that Skeletons are vastly overpowered, because they dont have this undead hitpoint system, but instead act like Golems. Alive, with nopain and noblood. -.-

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 23, 2014, 09:06:10 am »

lol.

This
[ITEM_TOOL:COMMAND_KIDNAP]
    [NAME:command:commands]
    [UNIMPROVABLE][TILE:33]

made from this
[INORGANIC:MINION]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:minion]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:1][TILE:176]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]

aka a "Minion Command", which is just used for your Overlord to tell your minions in raids what to do... is worth... wait for it... 37945413*. The prisoner intel is of similar value. Wtf. I dont know why ^^ Probably because the tool has no size. But wow. My fort is super rich. I have 1,3 billion wealth because of these items.  :D  (I played a 1,5 year fort so far. Got some issues noted down, but mostly it plays ok. I just think that Skeletons are vastly overpowered, because they dont have this undead hitpoint system, but instead act like Golems. Alive, with nopain and noblood. -.-

Next year half the continent is going to siege your fort. Otherwise you can add weak points to your skeletons like a gem that act like a brain and kills the creature when hit.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 110