Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172197 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1095 on: August 16, 2018, 12:19:02 am »

Myself, I have wound up having a Corona (damnit! That's not the only beer they have here! I coulda got Pacifico!) with my burrito, partly out of habit and partially to calm my anxiety-wracked nerves.

At least I can sit here and relax for a moment.
Goddamn, my anxiety really seems to be worse lately. The more I avoid social contact, the more traumatic it becomes.
My quasi-therapist person did mention the possibility of medication the last time I saw her. I did my best not to jump at the chance and seem all excited, but maybe I should make an appointment and express my amenability to that course of action.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1096 on: August 16, 2018, 04:55:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just spent like an hour arguing with some kid on a flash chat site as to whether there was malware on steam.  Going into various minutiae.
Fuck it feels good to be drunk.  But I guess it's time to sleep.

Edit:  Keep predreaming triangles.  Some Sierpensky, some just tessalating as... circles.  Forming a dome over my neighborhood.
It's reassuring.
Do you ever just start looking at fractals in everything. Like how trees and lungs have the same root fractal template for gas exchange. Or how a quartzite brick is triangles all the way down. Few things better than making drunk squad realize all is fractals

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 16, 2018, 04:02:54 pm »

Myself, I have wound up having a Corona (damnit! That's not the only beer they have here! I coulda got Pacifico!) with my burrito, partly out of habit and partially to calm my anxiety-wracked nerves.

Goddamn, my anxiety really seems to be worse lately. The more I avoid social contact, the more traumatic it becomes.
My quasi-therapist person did mention the possibility of medication the last time I saw her. I did my best not to jump at the chance and seem all excited, but maybe I should make an appointment and express my amenability to that course of action.

pacifico better on draft modelo better bottled

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 16, 2018, 04:29:54 pm »

pacifico better on draft modelo better bottled

Corona mildly tolerable when ice cold with lime wedge on hot day and already drunk.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 16, 2018, 08:00:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just spent like an hour arguing with some kid on a flash chat site as to whether there was malware on steam.  Going into various minutiae.
Fuck it feels good to be drunk.  But I guess it's time to sleep.

Edit:  Keep predreaming triangles.  Some Sierpensky, some just tessalating as... circles.  Forming a dome over my neighborhood.
It's reassuring.
Do you ever just start looking at fractals in everything. Like how trees and lungs have the same root fractal template for gas exchange. Or how a quartzite brick is triangles all the way down. Few things better than making drunk squad realize all is fractals
Dude, I spent all weekend and most of this last week folding paper triangles for my daughter's origami dragon. Bloody fractals. Glad that's over now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 16, 2018, 08:57:23 pm »

...Are you quite sure you didn't follow your whiskey (or whatever your spirit of choice may be) with a mushroom tea chaser?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 16, 2018, 09:33:56 pm »

I'm drunk and high on opiates and listening to a beautiful thunderstorm. Life is good and ima smoke some now
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 16, 2018, 10:42:57 pm »

I'm drunk and high on opiates and listening to a beautiful thunderstorm. Life is good and ima smoke some now
Careful with opiates. That can be dangerous. :(
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 17, 2018, 05:06:03 am »

I woke up so that is good. It was less than 5mg of the weakest of opiates, so I wasn't in danger fyi. Appreciate the concern though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 17, 2018, 12:05:20 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:19:59 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 17, 2018, 01:32:09 pm »

Oh no, smoke something else. I have smoked pills before though. It's idiotic and tastes like death's ashtray.
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 17, 2018, 01:38:49 pm »

Oh no, smoke something else. I have smoked pills before though. It's idiotic and tastes like death's ashtray.
Yeah, I... I can understand why the idea to do something like that might strike, but I also can very quickly imagine how that would be a really terrible thing to do. I used to have some (admittedly not very "fun") pills that tasted like licking a skunk's butthole, and the idea of inhaling an aromatic cloud of Smoked Skunkbutt doesn't seem very pleasant.

I somehow doubt that even Opa!-yoids would give the cool, soothing smoke that 4 out of 5 doctors recommend.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 17, 2018, 02:25:46 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:19:52 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 17, 2018, 03:06:35 pm »

So, having established that I barely drink, I decided to take a sip of mead on this fine friday eve while I play some games.  Unfortunately the cork was fucked, so I had to decant it into another vessel, a cup.  Then i realised that I needed a thing to pour it into and a thing to pour it from. I found an empty bottle of cherry liqueur and a jug, but the cherry liqueur bottle was not big enough, so I decided to have my evening mead from the jug like the brown-paper-bag hobo that I am.

We have no honey to mix with my mead (to make it sweeter and thus more palatable to me) but I bought some Sumac ages ago, and I cracked open a tin of peaches in syrup.

I'm currently experimenting to see if it's the sumac-syrup-mead mix or something else that's causing me to shit out my entire abdomen every 15 minutes.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 17, 2018, 03:34:49 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:19:44 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 141