Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210971 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2014, 03:32:55 pm »

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Inside the Team D bunker

Felix makes sure that he is in cover, and pulls out "his" Gauss rifle, flicking the safety off. When the artillery arrives, instead of firing the rifle, he activates his amp and freezes a 30cm sphere, centered on the nearest sign of movement through the duststorm.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:31:28 am by swordsmith04 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2014, 03:53:11 pm »

Lyra, Team G

I pad on over to Jim and sit on his right foot.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2014, 04:08:42 pm »

Alright, now to check my character sheet to see what weapons I have and...nothing. Crap.

Drop the extra laser rifle in the bunker for anyone who needs it.
Retroactively have grabbed this.
Await Mr. Miya's orders.

Await Mr. Miya's orders.
"Get inside the bunker. Lay low until you they get in closer. Whatever you do, keep the attention away from you, the sods can distract them so you can use your manip."
Grate nods, nervous about using the space magic again.
C'mon, what's the worst that could happen?
What?

Editing action once I find it.
Action edited.

Get in the bunker, lay low.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:29:04 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2014, 04:19:19 pm »

Jim scratched Lyra idly behind the ears while he looked around.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2014, 04:31:05 pm »

Lars mutters a quick prayer as he glances out into the dust.  He begins with orders to his team.  "Brothers, stay in your position and find targets.  Hold your fire until the order is given.  I do not believe we are armed for battlesuits or greater, beyond Felix and his Miracles of Steve, so let ushold."

He then messaged General Miyamoto.

General Miyamoto,

Hostiles nearby.  We await your command to fire.

Scope targets, pick a juicy one.  Hold fire until ordered.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2014, 04:33:49 pm »

Team F: Blobfish

"Hold position for now, there could be a second wave incoming any second, and we don't want to get caught out of position. Besides, if they need assistance, that's what the rapid response teams are for."

Hold position, and examine the area we're in for choke points, places to hide a sharpshooter, etc.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2014, 04:35:24 pm »

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Inside the Team D bunker

"Eh? 'Miracles of Steve'? What nonsense is that? It's just an amp."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:24:36 am by swordsmith04 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2014, 04:36:36 pm »

Check weapon systems and prepare for combat.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2014, 04:41:25 pm »

Very well.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2014, 04:52:39 pm »

Pancaek - Team C leader - inside bunker 4

Quote from: pancaek-> team B
Allright guys, first contact. Keep your eyes open. Don't fire just yet, but try to get an idea of what we're dealing with here. And for all that's holy, get into cover.

Take cover. Peek out of cover just enough to look around to where the enemy landed. If possible, use one of the fingertip cameras of the robobody to minimize silhoutte.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:44:46 pm by Pancaek »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2014, 04:56:15 pm »

Armor, huh? Hey Miyamoto, want to bake some tank pilots for me?

Stay in the bunker's cover, prepare to defend the squad with the manipulator.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2014, 05:00:10 pm »

Lars nods.  "Yes, Miracles of Steve.  I heard him explaining once to Brother Anton that it was power beyond the ken of mere mortals.  Use it and rejoice!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2014, 05:01:33 pm »

Lars mutters a quick prayer as he glances out into the dust.  He begins with orders to his team.  "Brothers, stay in your position and find targets.  Hold your fire until the order is given.  I do not believe we are armed for battlesuits or greater, beyond Felix and his Miracles of Steve, so let ushold."

He then messaged General Miyamoto.

General Miyamoto,

Scope targets, pick a juicy one.  Hold fire until ordered.
Whats this you're sayin about me not being made of pure destruction? I betcha one token I get the highest kill count.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2014, 05:05:20 pm »

Miyamoto, Team C leader, preparing for battle.
Spoiler: cheatsheet (click to show/hide)

Team H - "Lemming"
Marcius idles for now. Waiting. Waaaiiitiiinnnggg.
for now, standby orders to Reinforce wherever we are hard pressed.
Seriously, I could easily add you to a team right now so you can start playing again. Don't you wanna get going before the boarding begins?

Sod squad sent to (which letter is that?) bunker.
Added numbers to each bunker to make it easier to tell them apart. Image on wiki updated.

>The first troops are on the ground.  Concentrated near Teams C, D and B, outside our frontlines, moving inward. Reading indicate infantry and armor, numbers unknown.
"Understood. One ass kicking, coming up."

Do/check the following things:
-Make sure imaging drones are up and running, feed their image to all the troopers and static defenses. Keep 3 or so in reserve at shipyard.
-Ask Steve what the two Steve bots we bought ourselves are doing now (are they still hunting drop pods?), and if we can order them back if needed.
-Point one heavy defense gun towards the enemy forces attacking team B, and one at the ones attacking team D. Fire.
-Send 2 mortar-on-rails to each of the bunkers where the enemy is coming at. Fire when ready.
-Order team C sods inside the bunker, hold fire until artillery opens up.
-Use cameyes to get a better view of the enemy, send feed to squadmates.
-charge up dynamic CON bonus, if still allowed.

General Miyamoto,

"Help is incoming. Hold fire until artillery is there and starts firing, when they do fire as well. If you spot battlesuits or other heavy armor, tell Milno and He'll send in some troopers from Team G."

Miya opens up a general comms channel.

"Well, it seems we gave 'em a black eye just now, and now they're coming to repay us in kind. Everybody, load your weapons and get into position. Team leaders, check on your squad, don't forget to use your sods, and keep me informed.

Remember men, today, we are fighting the UWM. That means no retreat, no negotiating a peace, no surrendering. Cause if they win they'll kill us all, regardless of who you are or what you did.

Today, we win or we die."

After that general message, he contacts a few people in person.
Await Mr. Miya's orders.
"Get inside the bunker. Lay low until you they get in closer. Whatever you do, keep the attention away from you, the sods can distract them so you can use your manip."

"Sure. Sending just a sniper squad unless someone feels like taking up guard duty with them. Heads up, the old man in a battlesuit said he wanted to perch somewhere to look useful and I let him."

"Noted. Make sure your team is ready to reinforce when needed, if the enemy has battlesuits then those teams will probably need some extra firepowere to take 'em out. Oh, and send a sniper team to a tower near team C. Tell them to take cover somewhere concealed and to open fire once team C engages the enemy directly."

@ team F and E leaders: "Hold position for now, keep eyes peeled for flanking forces. They might fan out once the artillery opens up, so be ready."

@ Anton: "Keep our ships grounded for the moment, but make sure they are ready for takeoff. Gonna deploy them once I have a better view of the situation."

Armor, huh? Hey Miyamoto, want to bake some tank pilots for me?
""Sure, but we'll wait until the mortars have opened up to start shooting.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:37:34 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2014, 05:26:31 pm »

Lars nods.  "Yes, Miracles of Steve.  I heard him explaining once to Brother Anton that it was power beyond the ken of mere mortals.  Use it and rejoice!"

"...If you say so."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 109