Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211012 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #510 on: March 18, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »

Upon seeing the message, Lars tracks down Dubley.

"What is it, Brother Dubley?  If you feel let down by the gods, I can help you find your way to their favor again."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 18, 2014, 02:39:11 pm »

Denzel grabs his Mk1, Combiweapon, Mono-Sword, MFM, and sends a message to the group.

"Hello all. Denzel here. I'm starting up a boarding crew here, and could use some people. Robots and people who know how to use conputers are preferred, though anyone is welcome to join."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 18, 2014, 02:55:15 pm »

@everyone "semi competant fleshtech looking for suicide mission."

trade my gauss clip back in for a token. Get re-sale estimates on rocket pods, battlesuit sword and battlesuit shield.

Charge dynamic piloting bonus.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 18, 2014, 03:04:23 pm »

Upon seeing the message, Lars tracks down Dubley.

"What is it, Brother Dubley?  If you feel let down by the gods, I can help you find your way to their favor again."

"It's Ingram. He keeps leading my shots astray, especially when it counts most. He's gotten me killed twice now. At first I thought I might just have bad aim, but now that you told me about Ingram I'm sure it's his doing. So how do I win his favour?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2014, 03:09:36 pm »

((I'm assuming all the people who were temp-dead are back as robots? If not, then disregard this.))

"Yo, anyone need an amp guy? I can also reliably pilot a shuttle, and have a full robot body, thanks to a little mishap."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 18, 2014, 03:12:09 pm »

Lars smiled and nodded.  Another lost soul coming to the light.

"If you wish the gods to favor you, you must honor them.  A simple way is to pray for their guidance- incorporating prayer into your day will lead to countless little blessings.  Another way is to invoke their symbols.  See my rifle?"

Lars shows him the Symbol of Ingram.

"This is the Symbol of Ingram.  Inscribe this on your weapon, and even your magazines and bullets, and you show that you place your trust in Ingram.  Invoke his symbol, pray for guidance, and let your shots sing his prayers constantly, and surely you will fall back into the fold.  Would you like me to so bless your equipment?"

((It probably depends on your injury.  I think you were pretty damned crushed.

Yep: ))
[Morul is dead but can be revived, if only just barely. His body is buried in the rubble.]

((And only your head was returned.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 18, 2014, 03:14:33 pm »

"I have a shotgun and some other weapons. I can also use computers and other Auxiliary type things."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #517 on: March 18, 2014, 03:38:07 pm »

@Pancaek: Why yes, I would be delighted to have you in the MABTE. With The One on our team, all we need now is a competent fleshtech, if such mythical being exists. Or maybe just a regular medic.
"Ooh, pick me! Pick me! I'm sort of a medic! I could even get an emergency kit! And I have a gun! And I'm a robot!"
"Nice to have you aboard Stacy. Try not to blow us up, eh?"
@Pancaek: Why yes, I would be delighted to have you in the MABTE. With The One on our team, all we need now is a competent fleshtech, if such mythical being exists. Or maybe just a regular medic.
@flint"Thanks, Old man. Maybe you could snag Skylar? He's pretty good at flying stuff. I think he knows how to stitch you fleshlings back together, too."
"Yeah, yeah, everybody is a robot nowadays. You'd think it's some kind of conspiracy.
I'll see if I can get that guy. If he's as good as you say, we might have a chance."

((I say we  wait for Kriellya and if he doesn't respond/doesn't want to be on this team, then we hit him on the head and tie him in the pilot seat find another pilot.
Worst case scenario, we all get dynamic bonuses for piloting and all of us try to pilot the shuttle, hoping we get a good average.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 18, 2014, 03:46:12 pm »

((I got the "Can fly under normal circumstances without rolls" bonus, if you do wind up needing a pilot.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 18, 2014, 04:05:19 pm »

Cael, Sercon, would any of you be up for this? Both Jim and Milno are also one of Steve's generals after all.

(Nope, I'm not going on the boarding parties unless PW forces me and I'm horrible with organization anyway. Let someone who likes to be super accurate do it, like GWG. :P)

Jim is just going to hang out on the Sword.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 18, 2014, 04:12:14 pm »

"Thanks, Bro. I just have one thing I would like blessed.
Have Lars bless my "number gun".

Quote from: Dubley to Everyone
Anyone want me on their team? I can shooty and computey.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 18, 2014, 04:14:22 pm »

"Thanks, Bro. I just have one thing I would like blessed.
Have Lars bless my "number gun".

Quote from: Dubley to Everyone
Anyone want me on their team? I can shooty and computey.

Quote from: Jack to Dubley
Want to join me?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 18, 2014, 04:23:05 pm »

Quote from: Jack to Dubley
Want to join me?

Quote from: Dubley to Jack
Sure.
How did Thundertron work out?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 18, 2014, 04:24:58 pm »

"Awesome!"

Stacy Buttle confirmed for Team Flint this March!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 18, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »

I'm good to go with you, Flint. Though be aware that I don't exactly have a consistent weapon. I'll go ask Steve what I can do to gain some remote access to the ship as soon as we get onboard. The faster I can get control of ship systems, the faster I'll be of real use.

Prep to go by asking Steve about ways to gain remote access to some ship systems, ask for any cables that would make this process easier.

Also ask if he has any maps of the defending ships
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 109