Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211023 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #705 on: March 24, 2014, 02:25:00 pm »

Team B

Exit the stasis pod.
Commander Simus! You're not looking so good. Want me to carry you?
Xan's not looking so good either. Maybe he shouldn't have asked me to disable his biosensors.

Put Xan's brain in stasis. Resist the urge to juggle it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 24, 2014, 02:30:58 pm »

Team B, Currently a pile of mush with a brain

Attempt to reform myself into a form better suited for combat than a pile of ooze - something resembling a NuCom Chryssalid, perhaps, but with the brain in the torso?

Xan boils with rage as it reforms itself. It'd take great joy in killing these UWM forces that have made it necessary to do this.

Team B

Exit the stasis pod.
Commander Simus! You're not looking so good. Want me to carry you?
Xan's not looking so good either. Maybe he shouldn't have asked me to disable his biosensors.

Put Xan's brain in stasis. Resist the urge to juggle it.
Wouldn't he notice Xan's flesh beginning to reform?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:33:18 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 24, 2014, 02:54:20 pm »

Exit pod. Suit up, calm down. Assess situation.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 24, 2014, 03:27:27 pm »

Team D, "Dirtbag" - Milno - Basically Dead

Wait for it. Hope the sharkmist symbiosis shows its usefulness and assists in a rapid recovery.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 24, 2014, 03:31:35 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C

Using cameyes, see if I can figure out which way the interior of the ship is, and if so, trigger that laser cutter once everybody's geared up and and has a good spot to hold on to should we pick the wrobg direction.

Should it be possible to trigger the cutter s halfway, do that first before comitting to a direction to check for the right way. Make sure I'm holding onto something before I hit any of the cutters.

"Okay team, get your gear, suit up, and let's go. Help me figure out the right side to cut, too, if you can."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:23:36 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 24, 2014, 03:32:16 pm »

Team A, Support, Skylar

That felt bad. Everyone okay? We need to move quickly.

If not suited up, fix that.

Check the other pods, if their brain cases are recoverable and the intact pods could revive them, retrieve their brains and set them up in the intact pods for revival, I assume by leaving it on 'g-force protection'. If the pods can't fix them, throw Stacy in and suspend him. Study Panceak's brain case, determining if it could be safely powered back on with just an external power supply. If nutrients would be required, suspend Panceak as well.

Prepare to leave by one of the cutters on the same side as a damaged support pod
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:58:16 pm by Kriellya »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 24, 2014, 03:49:49 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Hot DAMN it's good to be off that rock! Simus is down, I'll take command until she's able to take over."

Try to find anything that would allow us to open the pod in a location with atmosphere. If I can't find anything, get everyone braced and activate the laser on the side that would have been the top when fired. If it does open into vacuum, try to catch anybody that get sucked out either with my hands, or if that isn't possible, my amp.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:56:57 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 24, 2014, 04:02:12 pm »

Team B "Wild Weasels" - Simus the broken 'bot

Simus, voice fadining in and out, gives one last message to her teammates:

Leave.... alone. Pod will... hopefully... fix, if not... stasis ... Morul... command

And falls silent, voicebox fizzling. Hopefully the pod will at least repair her communications, if not repair or replace her limbs.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:57:27 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #713 on: March 24, 2014, 04:57:38 pm »

(guys, you gotta chose a side to open up on, remember? Laser cutting system on each wall. Which one you open might make a difference, depending on which team you are.

Would advise not opening the one thats facing space.)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 24, 2014, 05:35:34 pm »

Auron, Team C "Audax"

Suit up and grab ahold of something, once everyone is ready open a random hatch and fire upon any enemies i see using my laser.

@team:"hold on to something guys, if theres a hull breach outside this door you might get thrown into space."

@Steve:"Team C has successfully boarded the enemy vessel. Requesting assessment of impact site and location of nearest key systems."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:41:25 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #715 on: March 24, 2014, 06:23:10 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team A Soldier

"Okay team. We are attacking. Get your gear together and then get ready to board the en-" Flint stopped speaking when he got out of his pod and noticed that Skylar was the only other to get out of his pod, the other two pods flashing with warnings. "Oh. That's not good." None of the pods were saying their occupants were dead. That was good. That meant Flint had one more thing to fight for: the (eventual) lives of his teammates.

"Skylar, everything OK?" he asked and quickly made his way towards the man, checking to see whether or not he was injured. Seeing the fleshtech was mostly OK, he continued. "Can you see if the others can be revived? Just enough to be useful, nothing fancy. Pancaek doesn't need much to be useful. Just get one of his cameras working so that he can use his spoon-bending magic."

@Piecewise: If this action is too big, just do as much of it as you want/as I can manage in the time the turn takes.

Get in my MK2 and grab my gear, if I haven't done so already.
Remember, I also got the Modified Laser Rifle Simus gave me.

((I should remember to carve a heart on it before giving it back to her...))

Ask Steve (if the signal can get through): "Can you or we trigger the thrusters in those pods in case we need to bug out? Or just so that we don't leave our teammates here, where they could be attacked by the enemy? Do you have any sensors in the pods that could trigger the escape mechanisms if the enemy approaches them?"

See if there's anything I should do about Pancaek and Stacy.
Will the pods replace their robolimbs or is stasis the best choice?
Could Skylar rig Pancaek's braincase to a camera so that he can use his amp to defend Skylar while Skylar carries Pancaek's braincase around?

Does this ship have artificial gravity? If yes, use that to orient myself and find the correct cutting laser to use.
Else, try to see how objects in the pod have been damaged/deformed by the impact to find the correct cutting laser to use. Inertia should had made the objects in the pod "want" to continue moving towards the ship
Else, prepare to use the one Skylar picks.
Else, just pick one at random and prepare to use it.

If all that can be done has been done for our not-quite-dead teammates and there's nothing left to do in the pod, tie myself and Skylar somewhere with my rope, trigger the cutting laser we have previously chosen, make sure Skylar is behind me and prepare to shoot whatever is on the other side of the pod wall with a sweep of my laser, dials set for minimum spread, maximum power.

If the other side is clear, inspect surroundings, look for signs pointing towards anything important or anything dangerous or strange.
Ask Steve on which ship we are in, if there's anything important or any other teams nearby, what we can expect for resistance, if he has any advice and where we should head towards.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:48:59 pm by Parisbre56 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 24, 2014, 06:25:32 pm »

(guys, you gotta chose a side to open up on, remember? Laser cutting system on each wall. Which one you open might make a difference, depending on which team you are.

Would advise not opening the one thats facing space.)

(( The question is do we actually have enough information to *not* open one that's facing space :P

And if we do, can we just say 'don't open a hole into space'? Although tactically speaking, I can think of a lot of reasons we would want to head into space instead of inside.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 24, 2014, 06:42:43 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team A Soldier

"Okay team. We are attacking. Get your gear together and then get ready to board the en-" Flint stopped speaking when he got out of his pod and noticed that Skylar was the only other to get out of his pod, the other two pods flashing with warnings. "Oh. That's not good."

"Skylar, everything OK?" he asked and quickly made his way towards the man, checking to see whether or not he was injured. Seeing the fleshtech was mostly OK, he continued. "Can you see if the others can be revived? Just enough to be useful, nothing fancy. Pancaek doesn't need much to be useful. Just get one of his cameras working so that he can use his spoon-bending magic."

"Yeah, checking my notes and Steve to see if the pod can fix them. Hoping our pods still have the supplies to fully repair them. Good idea with the camera. I'm not sure if the braincase alone has what it needs to supply the brain, but I'll see what I can do."

Things added to previous action

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 24, 2014, 06:53:57 pm »

Team F
Dominika groaned as she got out of the pod, and quickly donned clothing and then her suit-- she wasn't much a huge fan of the nudity thing. From there, she grabbed her rifle, her amp already in her head. Then she heard the others going on about nonbelievers... yeah, this was looking to be oh-so-fun.
"Alright, let's get this over with."
Suit up, grab weapons.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:00:08 pm by Powder Miner »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 24, 2014, 07:46:22 pm »

Thaddeus-Team "Dead Dirtbags"-Grunt

Wake up, fall out of pod, look around. Try and get my bearings and figure out which direction we came in from. Notice the warnings on Jack and Saint's pods and put both into suspend mode. Wait and see what happens with Milno's pod.

Aw fuck, are you shitting me?!? I'm the only one that isn't hurt? Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Hey boss? You need to hurry up and get better, I don't want to do this by myself

Radio Miya and Steve: So, Big bosses? I have a problem up here. I think I might be fucked, like royally. I could use some help. I...I have no idea what to do here, I was hoping Milno would at least make it. Any suggestions? Please?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:52:26 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 109