Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211996 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1065 on: April 11, 2014, 10:36:34 am »

Lars opened his mouth to respond to Grate, but Jack was quicker.  "Grate, you are young and your faith is small.  Both of you, just watch and consider on what miracles Steve has wrought.  You will find that what happens cannot be explained by mortal reasoning alone.  Amen."

He smiled and bowed.

((Mental image of this conversation getting redacted like the elevator RP in Mission 3.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 11, 2014, 10:45:43 am »

Grate frowned. This sounded a lot like another cop-out, but pointing that out didn't help the first time.

Just say it anyways. Who is he to argue with you, without anything backing him up?
Thanks for the advice.

Grate continued...um...by now I've forgotten what he was doing before getting into a religious discussion.

...Are you ignoring me?!?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 11, 2014, 02:48:24 pm »

Team G

Keep following, ready for any danger. If they keep doing stupid things, just watch, imagining his previous body doing facepalms.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1068 on: April 11, 2014, 05:10:54 pm »

TEAM AD

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Wait for Flint to do his magic. If the sod wants both of our IDs, read the one I got off of the guy that was in this suit. If shit happens, target a one foot sphere with the amp, centered on the sods head, heat by 150 degrees Celsius.

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

Okay, okay, just stay calm, it's just like that time with the Thundertroopers in Solar Conflicts.
Let's hope they don't put you on trial, because this is illegal under the Geneva conventions.
he joked to himself, trying to calm himself down.

Flint silently showed the Sod "his" ID, trying to look disinterested and treat the sod like some sort of annoying, walking, talking card reader, an obstacle that was delaying him from his work like a red traffic light, trying to act like he had done that a million times.
Not that the sod could see this with his faceplate down, but even the tiniest of movements can make the difference between pretending you're someone and acting like someone.
Then again, the Sod was probably not capable of understanding body language.

If all goes well, keep driving towards the control room.

((Are there any cameras or other people around? Or could we just heat this sod's brain until he passes out? Otherwise, if this doesn't work, I'm just going to call for help. It would be hilarious if they actually saved us from the sods.))

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly.

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Stay quiet in my corner. Activate EMM and be ready to strike if the Sod starts to look in my corner

Flint hands the sod his stolen id card, trying to look as non-nonchalant and casual as possible. The Sod holds the ID card up to his face looking at it with one eye while keeping the other focused on Flint in a disconcerting chameleon sorta way.

"Face not match." He says after a few seconds. "Step out of vehicle, place hands on head."

TEAM B

Team B - Looking for shmucks to make deals with

Well, let's go then.

Continue along corridor! Charge mah exo!

Team B: Wild Weasels.

"Well, shall we continue?"

See if I can easily grab some ammo from the turret. If not, just ignore it and continue down the corridor after closing the door behind us, following the blue line.

Team B

Press onward. Pray to Ingram to charge my con.

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

Press on along the blue line, with an eye out for cameras and/or turret hatches.

Ammo cannot be gathered from the turret. At least not usable ammo. It's too big for the standard gauss rifle.

The blue line which you've decided to follow leads, eventually, after many uninteresting halls, passages, and uninhabited corridors, to a large door with a sign marking it as "Environmental control"

Hmm.

TEAM C

Angel, Team C

Nice work, but now I think it's time for an Evac

Grab Auron, if he can run then simply help him to his feet, otherwise swing him into a fireman's lift and hustle down the track, look for side doors to duck into until all the fuss has calmed down

Auron, team C.

Charge Aux bonus while recuperating to distract myself from imaginary math.

Once recovered lead the team forward toward the bridge again.
Oh and check on the first turret, if the gun is mostly undamaged after being melted off of its base pick it up.

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"No time to lose."

Lead the team onward, stopping if they want, but be sure to respond appropriately to enemies (as listed before), decompress any pressurized important rooms, and stay on my guard. If no enemies or important pressurized doors are encountered, charge an uncon bonus.
Team C: Audaxes: Thomas

When Auron collapses, Thomas gives him a moment, then tries to help him up.
"You should probably let the other guy handle the space magic for a bit. Don't want to lose someone."
Head on ahead with the others, help carry Auron with one arm, rifle in the other. If we stop, take up watch, remaining as still as possible.

C team Helps Auron up, Denzel under one arm and Angel under the other, with Thomas on point leading them through the melted hole in the wall into the hall beyond. They're no sooner into the hall beyond the door then they hear metal clad boots stamping down towards them from somewhere up ahead. The hall itself is long, lacking any rooms off to the side, but studded with small alcove like areas that seem either decorative or possibly structural, like the corrugation on corrugated metal. The stamping seems to be coming from up ahead, beyond where this hall turns sharply left. It seems close, like it's coming from just beyond that turn.

TEAM E

Missed me :(

Team E - Lerman

Hack open the door. If I can't, brace myself appropriately and cut open the door.

Team E

"We'll have to come back for him later. We're too far from the stasis pods to go back and we are almost there! Keep going!"

Reload and cover my teammate while he opens the door. If he can't do it, then give it a shot myself, either through Steve or with one of the cutters.

We'll say he manages to get it unlocked but doesn't open the door yet, because I missed him last turn. The reason I'm not opening the door is a figured you guys may not want to just willy nilly open the door again, considering what happened last time you did that.

TEAM F

Brother Lars: Team F Chaplain

PRES GEEN BUTAN

Team F

Wait for Elevator.

"I have a feeling something bad is going to happen. No wait, bad things happening is normal. Also, where are you from Lars?"

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate: Probably getting in trouble

"When I was needed by Steve, I got squished and shot. And shredded by fan blades."
I got everything, right?
Well, except crazy over there.
I'm not crazy!
I think I am, though.

Hope Lars's button-pushing doesn't kill us.

The team loads into the elevator and Lars presses the green button. The doors close and the elevator begins to descend. After a few minutes it slows and finally comes to a stop. Without warning, Lars suddenly presses and holds the "Close doors" button, his head down in thought.

"Something is wrong here." he says, shaking his head as his brain tries to understand what is nothing more then vague intuition. "The gods whisper ill omens."

TEAM G

Team G

Keep following, ready for any danger. If they keep doing stupid things, just watch, imagining his previous body doing facepalms.

Hmm. Well they're not doing stupid things...They're not doing anything.

TEAM H

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Stuff the crewman in a nearby storage room or something, and search him. Then continue towards the bridge.

As the sods are stuffing the man into a near by room and rifling through his pockets, the come across not only a key card but a radio receiver and microphone/speaker clip. Someone is speaking through the microphone, calling for someone named "Hershel".

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 11, 2014, 05:19:45 pm »

Team F

Take position on one side of the elevator door. Get ready for hostiles.

"We might need to get to sides of the door." Jack advises.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 11, 2014, 05:21:36 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Damn. Important, but won't let us drive the ship. We could use it to mess with their air conditioning though, although, they probably have control from the bridge. Hrmm. Wanna take a look inside for consoles?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 11, 2014, 05:23:58 pm »

We should head down the red path. That will be the command and yellow will lead to the engines, I believe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 11, 2014, 05:29:20 pm »

"We might be able to find an actual map in there. Plus I bet there are a lot of vents in there. Don't you movie monsters like vents?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 11, 2014, 05:48:31 pm »

Team B - Emulating Movie Monsters

Ooh, I hadn't considered that. Let's search it then.

Go and try to open the door to the place. If it won't open automatically, let someone else try it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1074 on: April 11, 2014, 05:52:31 pm »

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

"Oh, wait, silly me. That's not my ID card. Wait a sec, I got mine right here. Can I get it?"

If the sod says I can, pretend I'm very slowly and nonthreateningly searching my pockets while talking to the sod.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask one of you: say you’re in a desert walking along in the hot grainy sand when all of the sudden you look down and you see a tortoise. It’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?"

Keep talking, trying to use my speech to confuse/distract/delay the Sod while I think of an excuse for why I'm lacking a matching ID card and wait for my teammates to get ready to fight.
Keep talking, saying anything that could be remotely helpful to the situation until the Sod does anything threatening or asks me to stop.
Maybe if I talk long enough and I'm good/lucky enough, I'd be able to make him fall into a infinite loop or logic bomb him or convince him to obey me or make him run out of memory. Or make him hold conflicting truths, that's always a good one.
Or maybe just tell him a good excuse about why my face doesn't match or why I don't have an ID.

Else, obey the Sod and very slowly (tortoise speed, to give me teammates time to prepare) get out of the vehicle while looking for an opening to use my monorazor on him (or my fists if the monorazor can't be hidden on me).
Also talk in this case, trying to achieve the above mentioned result of confusing, delaying, distracting and/or disabling the sod.

((Hmmm... not really sure. I really can't think of a good excuse. I had assumed we had faceplates.
Let's hope that speech roll works or one of you is able to silently incapacitate the sod.))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:13:36 am by Parisbre56 »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 11, 2014, 07:38:17 pm »

((The ship is depressurized, right? So opening the door will suck vacuum everything out? Or is space magic happening?))

Team E - Lerman

Prepare for breaching. Take cover in appropriate location.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 11, 2014, 07:39:03 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Fuck? Fuck. Whelp, fuckit then.

Look and see what's past the sod. Then raise my hands slowly, acting surprised. If Flint's plan works to confuse/disable the sod, wait and see what happens. If the sod turns violent, use the amp to heat a one foot sphere centered on the sods head, by 150 degrees Celsius.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:58:35 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 11, 2014, 09:36:42 pm »

"Look at all these Republicanists. This ain't Korea." May kicked the corpse in the chest again. "All these deceased bitches, it's not even gratifying. We should keep going."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 11, 2014, 09:46:14 pm »

Lars shivered.  It was not often that the divine directly warned of immediate danger- they preferred portents of major events.  "Prepare for the worst!  Algis, we pray for the blessing of your hands.  May Ingram guide our weapons and Pathmas be ever in our favor."

Take cover on the button side of the elevator, shard launcher in a firing position.  Will using jets here hose my teammates with exhaust?  If they'll be fine, when everyone is ready jet to the ceiling and aim out the door from up high.  If anything looks remotely hostile, shoot it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 11, 2014, 10:22:05 pm »

((@piecewise: Do these modern Mk-like suits have faceplates? We were working under the assumption they had. Resorting to violence won't be a problem now, but.))

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 109