Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211021 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1275 on: April 24, 2014, 12:14:07 am »

((So, standard ARM procedure for injured allies? Loot everything and drag them along behind?))
((Sounds about right, standard AURON procedure for injured allies however is to stick them in a sack and run. It also happens to be standard procedure when encountering injured enemies, damaged equipment, random civilians and wild animals.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 24, 2014, 12:27:25 am »

((Heh. Yeah))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 24, 2014, 12:59:23 am »

Throw the corpse and run!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 24, 2014, 07:15:56 am »

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
Dark Angel, Team C

The Phoenix Reborn!

Well plan b then: charge the Sod that's holding Denzel's wrist and take the Sod's arm off with the monorazor

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 24, 2014, 07:32:30 am »

Team G

Get ready to run if the manip user overloads her manipulator. Run enough to flee the area of effect.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 24, 2014, 08:02:36 am »

Team G
follow in renens footsteps albiet more clumsily, else repeat throw then laser (on another turret)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 24, 2014, 08:57:47 am »

Team E

Stop the idiot from throwing the corpse early and just rig the grenades up so they are all primed when the corpse is thrown. The grenades don't have to explode all at the same time, but they all have to explode after the bomb is thrown, so don't do anything overly complicated. Once rigged, go ahead and let him throw the bomb when I'm in cover.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 24, 2014, 12:10:14 pm »

Team F

Gwt to cover and watch for traps/other trouble things.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 24, 2014, 12:33:05 pm »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

"Team Sod (H) controller, can you also check if it's possible to open the door to the bridge from the place you captured?" Milno keeps his position for a moment as he sends the message before glancing back.

Wait for a moment. In case Team H confirms the path is clear or manages to get rid of obstacles, then move forward and concentrate (charge Will) to use the gauntlet to open the door.

Otherwise, stand guard and prepare to activate EMM and destroy turrets or sods, disabling any human enemies or killing them in case they're too dangerous to engage non-lethally.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1284 on: April 24, 2014, 12:36:17 pm »

TEAM AD
Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Milno, go check the door, I'll patch Flint up.

Team H controller, hostile's down. Think you can get any other information out of their controllers regarding what's left between us and the bridge?
We may also want to play that message to other Sods under their control, starting with a group far away from the bridge, just to confirm that they're correct.

Plug the holes in Flint. Use a charge of the advanced kit if necessary.

[med:2+1]

You sort of just jab at him with the advanced kit box, becoming increasingly frustrated that it doesn't seem to be working.

"BOX SUPPOSED TO STOP HURT. WHY NO STOP?! WHY?! SKYLAR MAD!"

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

((So, standard ARM procedure for injured allies? Loot everything and drag them along behind?))

Huh. My stuff is fairly minor compared to Flint. Mind If I borrow some of your stuff? Thanks bubs.

Loot the sods for anything useful, and move the bodies out of the way so the cart can drive around them. If the team wants to stay stealthy, drive the cart to the bridge. Otherwise, re-equip the Model C sub-exo suit, and if Flint doesn't need his Mk. II, put that on too. Help out with Flint however possible. 
Well, you should know the old song and dance about sods by now. Best you can get from em is batons.

As per driving the cart around...well thats gonna be hard. See, the Sods shot it up and then Milno slammed a big ass metal shield into it. It isn't what you'd call functional any more. It's more...a piece of modern art now. Because it's big, ugly, takes up space and is ultimately useless!

Thats a cynical joke about the state of modern art, friend.

You might wanna put Flint IN his MK2. It would probably provide better medical aid them Skylar right now.

TEAM B

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Found it. Let's turn up the heat, shall we?"

Crank the heat in the room to around 325 Kelvin (~50 Celsius).
Team B

Meeeehhhh

Stick around outside of the room while I wait for Morul to finish stuff.
Morul turns up the heat in the room, and waits as it slowly begins to warm up. Hopefully it won't take too long.

It's gonna take a while, isn't it?

Xan stays safely outside, away from the mild warmth.

TEAM C

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Keep fighting! Use that +1 1/3 uncon bonus and 1/3 decomp! Use it!

((On another note, don't we have a wounded comrade? We should probably do something about that.))
Auron, team C.

Stab the sod not attacking Denel.

((Yeah i should probably go back and loot our other teammate once we deal with the sods.))

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
Dark Angel, Team C

The Phoenix Reborn!

Well plan b then: charge the Sod that's holding Denzel's wrist and take the Sod's arm off with the monorazor

(I think the wounded comrade was actually a phantom. Corsair getting stuck into team C because he put it as his team accidentally. )

Auron stabs the Sod again, who retaliates by clocking Auron upside the head with his baton. The thin piercing sword is effective, but doesn't seem terribly fast at killing, as things are going.

Denzel jerks his hand free and then, in some Shigurui level shit, cuts both sods in two with a single swing. The third sod retreats again, running back down the hall, the metallic "tink" of something being dropped onto the ground coming shortly after he  rounds the corner.

TEAM E

Team E

Stop the idiot from throwing the corpse early and just rig the grenades up so they are all primed when the corpse is thrown. The grenades don't have to explode all at the same time, but they all have to explode after the bomb is thrown, so don't do anything overly complicated. Once rigged, go ahead and let him throw the bomb when I'm in cover.

Well, luckily HE DIDN'T POST HIS TEAM NUMBER So I guess he doesn't exist this turn. Also, you decide to just do the easiest possible thing: You duct tape the grenades to the corpse and arrange them so you can press their activators just before throwing the body in. That should give you a whole 5 seconds to get to cover. Plenty of time.

Assuming you don't trip.

TEAM F

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate: I Blame You And Your Cesspool Even Though They're Mostly Unrelated To My Muting (Which Had To Do With Replying To Really Old Posts About Civilization V)

Examine the control panel. Open the door to the Bridge if the way to do so is fairly obvious. Enter the bridge. Run away if I get shot, attacked, and/or killed.
((...I never posted?  Deeeerp.))

Brother Lars: Team F Chaplain

"May the shielding hands of Algis watch over us.  O Cog-Azaon, please grant us insight into this control panel!"

Mostly keep an eye out and my gauss rifle out, but also look over Grate's shoulder and try to help.
Team F

Gwt to cover and watch for traps/other trouble things.
The control panel is easy to use, but there's a password on it. You suppose you could attempt to guess it using your clearly mighty brain power, or you could attempt to bypass it all together using your technical wizardry. Or you could have someone who isn't an immortal 12 year old blow the door open. Any of these work.

TEAM G

Team G

Get ready to run if the manip user overloads her manipulator. Run enough to flee the area of effect.

Team G
follow in renens footsteps albiet more clumsily, else repeat throw then laser (on another turret)

Team G - May

Melt the Turrets around the corner using the MFM.
[3+1+1]
May, after a great period of staring dully into space, suddenly wakes up just long enough to type a few things in to her MFM, melt all 4 turrets at the same time with seemingly no effort and then pass back into a trance. Some sort of Manipulator Idiot Savant or something.

TEAM H

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Team H controller, hostile's down. Think you can get any other information out of their controllers regarding what's left between us and the bridge?
We may also want to play that message to other Sods under their control, starting with a group far away from the bridge, just to confirm that they're correct.

"...Yeah. Yeah, sure."
Determine what else is between Team AD and the bridge, and most importantly what is on the bridge itself. Pass anything I get on to Team AD.
Get other command codes - and recordings - from the hostages, in the same method. Test their meaning on any Sods that don't appear to be close to the bridge, as appropriate. Get a code to accept codes from another person (me), if possible.

Promise no harm will come to them if they cooperate.

According to the controllers, 223 is the code for accepting a new controlling voice. There are others, such as a few that are basically the same as "Stand down" or "Do not attack until given the order, regardless of stimuli".  If you had something specific to ask how to do, this would probably go better.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 24, 2014, 12:37:24 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Reminiscence Corps - Anton Chernozorov

>They weren't quite as passive or stupid as they are now at the time. It's taken them several hundred years of stagnation to become what they are; at the time I had less influence and they had keener eyes.  You'll simply have to take my word for it, but for one reason or many, earlier revolutions were not favorable.

Anton stretches in the chair, and resumes his casual posture. "Fair enough. I was mostly wondering if the UWM really has a predetermined plan on how to respond to a coordinated uprising like this. Say, if a group of rebels managed to one way or another take over a large ship... I guess I'm just too curious, and/or paranoid sometimes." He leans forward, absentmindedly scratching his stubble with his right hand, and looking thougtfully at the arrangement of screens in front of him. "Say, Steve. Was there ever a group of rebels that took over a large ship? Or a group of ships? Or maybe there was a renegade faction of some kind, that had some capital-class space power? I'm guessing you'll probably point me back to the Red Moon Rebellion, since it was the largest, but what I actually want to ask is, are there any large spaceship-to-spaceship battles on record? Or large spaceships against groups of smaller ships? It just sort of occurred to me that the UWM probably didn't see much conventional space combat in the Altered Wars, and seeing as they have ships that can do stuff besides blasting planets into space dust, they must have had some need for them. More importantly, it also just occurred to me that here I am, saddled by myself with the command of our entire meager aerospace forces, and I have nothing but videogame experience to show for any sort of space combat strategy and tactics. Something to learn from would come in handy."

Keep on chatting with Steve. Keep periodically checking the sensors.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 24, 2014, 12:40:24 pm »

Brother Lars looks at the control panel, then Grate.  "Do you think you can bypass it, or should we use another cutter?  If anyone is in there, they probably heard us already."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 24, 2014, 12:51:54 pm »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Brother Lars looks at the control panel, then Grate.  "Do you think you can bypass it, or should we use another cutter?  If anyone is in there, they probably heard us already."
"I've got it."

Hack the door.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 24, 2014, 12:58:32 pm »

Team B - Waiting Around

Need me to do anything?

Discard will bonus, charge exo bonus. Keep an eye out on the room while Simus defrosts.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:11:45 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 24, 2014, 12:59:09 pm »

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

"O Holy Steve, we beg you!  May you shine your light down on young Brother Grate as he does your work!"

Pray for Grate.  Also assist him with the panel; Cover the door.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:26:59 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 109