Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211015 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1320 on: April 25, 2014, 04:49:24 pm »

Team E

Check around the corner tentatively, to check if the traps are disarmed and that no-one came to 'play'.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 25, 2014, 05:27:50 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

((Who wants to bet that order 223 is "kill everything"?))

Switch laser shotgun back to a laser rifle. Wait for Milno to open the door and Milno and Skylar to go through. Provide covering fire from the door with the laser rifle and the amp. Try to take out enemies not near either of the other two to avoid friendly fire. Disabling shots on less dangerous humans, laser any turrets and cook brains of any dangerous human/sod by 200 degrees Celsius in a one foot sphere.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 25, 2014, 09:04:06 pm »

Auron team C

Check status of leg, return to distraction and use point blank laser tracing to recover it.

Proceed to bridge.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 26, 2014, 12:32:01 am »

TEAM G
Stand behind renen in a somewhat threatening manner
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 26, 2014, 09:15:46 am »

Team H, Starfleet Archeological Division - Anton Chernozorov

>They have a process of dealing with stuff like this, but it's really not made for this large of an uprising. In general their response is just to throw troops at the problem till it stops being a problem. They're not very smart in that way, but you can't really blame them, it's served them well till now.

There were a few early rebellions that had ships of some power, but not for a while Red Moon was all ground based.

"Heh, so I figured. I guess it's easy to fall out of practice with the crushing, when rebellions are few and far between. Well, here's to hoping that we'll be the ones writing the history books on this one.

Kinda makes me wonder though, how did the Red Moon Rebellion become so successful if it never, well - got off the ground? Did they start on some well-defended world that couldn't just be bombed into submission? Or is it just a question of perspective, more indicative of the success of other rebellions, that even the largest one couldn't go beyond a single planet?
"

Keep an eye on Steve, keep talking to the sensors.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 26, 2014, 10:19:52 am »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"Hold on, let's grab our teammate."

Grab our fallen teammate and get on the far side of the distraction before Auron lasers it, making sure everyone's there. Then, advance.

((I looked back a few posts and it seems that there was someone, but he took a hit in the opening salvo.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 26, 2014, 11:43:51 am »

Brother Lars: Team F Chaplain

Lars raises his arms in delight.  "Praise be, for we have a holy chorus to support us!  Brother Grate!  Brother Jack is clearly filled with the spirit of Steve!  We should be in awe of his blessing!  Forward!"

Let Grate be the decoy.  Enter afterwards and engage targets- softies with gauss, hard targets with crystals, as situation requires.  Lead in with projector just in case.

Also slap Dominika to hopefully melt heads.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:48:39 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 26, 2014, 12:30:04 pm »

((My God...it's worse than I could have imagined.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 28, 2014, 02:12:52 am »

Team C Shooty man: Thomas

Thomas supresses a little giggle as Auron pops into the air. Yes, it's dangerous. Yes, it could have been deadly, but it was still sort of funny to watch someone in full armor step on a grenade and bounce around, yet be perfectly fine.

"Yeah, let's get him first. I think we can store our teammates in the pods we came in. If he's really badly hurt, I can handle that."
Go get our fallen comrade. If anything about him or the surrounding area suggests a blow to the head, move him to the pod immediately. If not, try and hide him somewhere.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1329 on: April 28, 2014, 12:04:13 pm »

TEAM A

Team A

Keep an eye out for trouble.

((Well, since I don't know what roll I failed that caused me to attack those sods, I assumed the worse: that it was a will roll.))
Ya didn't fail anything. You said to drive forward so you drove forward. unfortunately the hall was filled with sods and you were driving a golf cart.
Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

If the elevator is the only entrance to this level, or if it is the only quick entrance, go see if I can cause it to lock up.

Otherwise, wait with Milno, see what's on the other side of the door

(( I do not like the sounds of that over there with the Sod controllers... ah well, we couldn't have hoped for better, really :P ))

Team A

Keep an eye out for trouble.

((Well, since I don't know what roll I failed that caused me to attack those sods, I assumed the worse: that it was a will roll.))
(( I don't think you failed any roll? Your action wasn't qualified in any way, it was just 'charge the sods', which was a fine thing to do at that juncture :P
Well, charge the door, but I would have assumed that the sods were directly in the way. ))
The elevator is the only entrance you see to this room, so you'll assume it's the only way down here. There are a few ways you can think of disabling it. Easiest is just to tape something to the hold door button so that it holds the door forever and never lets anyone call it up. But that could probably be easily overridden, if they realize the problem. You could try to use aux to put the thing on lock down, but again, it could be over ridden. The last way is the most drastic, but also the only one that would be 100 percent effective: You cut the cables for the elevator and drop it.

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

"Old fart, don't try anything like that again."

Open the door with the gauntlet. In case the glove doesn't work, it's laser cutter time. If door is opened:

Activate EMM and destroy turrets or sods asap, disabling any human enemies or killing them in case they're too dangerous to engage non-lethally.

[will:4+1]

You walk over to the door, tap it a few times with your knuckles and then place your hand flat against it. You ask it to open. And it does.

Beyond the door is a large room filled with many control panels and monitors. The inhabitants of the room look to be normal humans that are very surprised to see you.

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

((Who wants to bet that order 223 is "kill everything"?))

Switch laser shotgun back to a laser rifle. Wait for Milno to open the door and Milno and Skylar to go through. Provide covering fire from the door with the laser rifle and the amp. Try to take out enemies not near either of the other two to avoid friendly fire. Disabling shots on less dangerous humans, laser any turrets and cook brains of any dangerous human/sod by 200 degrees Celsius in a one foot sphere.

You switch the laser back to normal and then come face to face with the bridge staff. Oh. Hmm. Should we shoot them?

TEAM B

Team B

You done yet?

Check if Simus is defrosted. If not, sigh and wait around for her to finish.
Team B: Wild Weasels

"Oooooh, Weapons Control. Hrmmm. Wonder if it's just the main guns, or the in ship defences too."

Examine the door for anything that could be a trap, or defence system. If none are found, examine the keypad, and charge an Aux bonus.

Simus is thawed enough to get around.

As per that door, you don't see any traps. So you just stare at the panel and try andfigure out how to work it.

TEAM C

Auron team C

Check status of leg, return to distraction and use point blank laser tracing to recover it.

Proceed to bridge.

Team C Shooty man: Thomas

Thomas supresses a little giggle as Auron pops into the air. Yes, it's dangerous. Yes, it could have been deadly, but it was still sort of funny to watch someone in full armor step on a grenade and bounce around, yet be perfectly fine.

"Yeah, let's get him first. I think we can store our teammates in the pods we came in. If he's really badly hurt, I can handle that."
Go get our fallen comrade. If anything about him or the surrounding area suggests a blow to the head, move him to the pod immediately. If not, try and hide him somewhere.
Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"Hold on, let's grab our teammate."

Grab our fallen teammate and get on the far side of the distraction before Auron lasers it, making sure everyone's there. Then, advance.

((I looked back a few posts and it seems that there was someone, but he took a hit in the opening salvo.))
I think that fallen comrade was actually a bilocating corsair.

As per the distraction, lasering it down reveals it to be nothing but a set of hooks, a metal wire and an empty black box. Huh.

Down the hall is the final door to the bridge. It is locked, as you'd expect.

TEAM E

Team E

Check around the corner tentatively, to check if the traps are disarmed and that no-one came to 'play'.

Team E

Go grab something heavy and head back to the corridor. Toss the weight in and see if any traps activate.

The hallway seems extremely borked. The door is still intact but all those nice little pressure sensor tiles are fucked. Sweet.

TEAM F

Lars raises his arms in delight.  "Praise be, for we have a holy chorus to support us!  Brother Grate!  Brother Jack is clearly filled with the spirit of Steve!  We should be in awe of his blessing!  Forward!"

Let Grate be the decoy.  Enter afterwards and engage targets- softies with gauss, hard targets with crystals, as situation requires.  Lead in with projector just in case.

Also slap Dominika to hopefully melt heads.

Team F

"Good Enough."

Open door. Prepare to take cover of needed.
Ship Beta: Team F: Grate: Lee Annoyed

"...You know, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I'd probably be better off without you guys."

Enter the bridge. Exit the bridge if heavy resistance is encountered. If not, begin determining what the controls do.
Lars walks onto the bridge holding grate in front of him as a human shield and shouting over the sound of the demon bees. "WE COME IN PEACE! PLEASE FORM AN ORDERLY LINE  AGAINST THE WALL SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE IN PIECES! YOUR DEATHS SHALL BE QUICK AND RELATIVELY PAINLESS, ALL GLORY TO STEVE!"

Luckily the crew only made out about half of that so they don't immediately panic. Instead they just dive behind their consoles and hide.

TEAM G

TEAM G
Stand behind renen in a somewhat threatening manner

Mildly threatening?

You stand behind Renen and hop up and down so you can look over his shoulder, growling each time.

TEAM H

Team H, Starfleet Archeological Division - Anton Chernozorov

>They have a process of dealing with stuff like this, but it's really not made for this large of an uprising. In general their response is just to throw troops at the problem till it stops being a problem. They're not very smart in that way, but you can't really blame them, it's served them well till now.

There were a few early rebellions that had ships of some power, but not for a while Red Moon was all ground based.

"Heh, so I figured. I guess it's easy to fall out of practice with the crushing, when rebellions are few and far between. Well, here's to hoping that we'll be the ones writing the history books on this one.

Kinda makes me wonder though, how did the Red Moon Rebellion become so successful if it never, well - got off the ground? Did they start on some well-defended world that couldn't just be bombed into submission? Or is it just a question of perspective, more indicative of the success of other rebellions, that even the largest one couldn't go beyond a single planet?
"

Keep an eye on Steve, keep talking to the sensors.
>The Red Moon Rebellion took place on a series of large colonies which were mining valuable commodities. They were quite built up and the UWM didn't want to just destroy them and lose everything. They wanted the mining to continue so they tried to take the place using ground troops. It became a protracted guerrilla warfare battle, but they eventually won. The Rebellion was just one of the longest running, it wasn't successful at all, from an objective standpoint. They never had any chance of even keeping their colonies, let alone doing anything more.

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Broadcast the following via my Sods to the hostages:
"I appreciate honesty. So from this point, everything we say to one another will be the absolute truth, yes? Because with that in mind, I am going to tell you that I will order one of your deaths for every lie you tell me. Sods: Execute one of the hostages.

Now: What is the actual command for transferal of control? The first to tell me the answer to my question will survive. I will order the execution of everyone else."

Execute one of the hostages. Demand actual command transfer order. Make sure I only played the bad command to one of the Sod teams, like my action specified.

To Team AD:
"We have a problem, here. I was given a faulty command by the hostages I have - the UWM captains, by the way. The UWM soldiers' videofeeds are cutting off - they might be killing themselves, but more likely they've cut their feeds or disabled their cameras. And I still don't have anything on the bridge for you, sorry."
[/quote]

You have one of the sods Execute a commander. The others don't even flinch. You ask them about the commands you need. They each give you a different number.

These motherfuckers...

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 28, 2014, 12:07:25 pm »

Team G

Get ready for any possible incoming attack, going BT as soon as I detect one. Say to the people in the room:

We came here to take this ship and if you want to live, surrender now. Death awaits any who tries to attack us.

If they don't surrender, disable them all non-lethally, killing the dangerous ones.

Talk in private to my team: Does anyone have diplomatic skills? It would be good if you said it now.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 28, 2014, 12:08:24 pm »

Team F

"IGNORE HIM! Just get away from the consoles and I won't have to hurt you. Okay? Unless you want to join us of course."

Talk to the Bridge crew.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 28, 2014, 12:19:51 pm »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Grate sighs at Lars.
"It's really okay if you don't prove me right. Now put me down."

Examine the consoles. Try to figure out how to do anything I can figure out how to do. Ideally, everything the ship can do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1333 on: April 28, 2014, 12:53:52 pm »

Team A

((Yep. All UWM personnel are either brainwashed or suicidal. Probably both, given the world they live in.))

Use speech to persuade them to surrender and/or work with us.
If that fails:
If they don't have weapons, try to subdue them and restrain them.
If they have melee weapons, use the monorazor.
If they have ranged weapons or if the situation demands it (they start running towards dome kind of panic room for example), use laser rifle. Try not to shoot if there is danger if hitting teammates, unless it's absolutely necessary.
Try to keep it less than lethal. Try not to damage any equipment.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 28, 2014, 01:09:25 pm »

"It's really okay if you don't prove me right. Now put me down."

Lars laughs at this.  "Oh young Brother Grate, have you not learned?  Putting our faith in Steve has not yet lead us astray.  Brothers Jack and Dominika, could you please cover these folks?"

He then knelt, raising his arms.  "O Glorious Steve, please give us your commands so that we may claim this ship to greater glorify your name!"

Puppet Dominika to cover the civvies.  Ask Steve on how to interface with the consoles.  Do whatever he says.  Failing specific instructions, attempt to connect the suit with a console to allow Steve direct access.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 109