Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971173 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2775 on: January 31, 2016, 06:31:35 pm »

So um, I'm still not certain I didn't bash my head on something and imagine this, but GW seems to have made a deal to distribute 40K merchandise through a psychic 'alternative medicine' practice based in Norfolk.

http://www.dreamsaway.co.uk/#!warhammer-40000/c1p3b

If I'm not hallucinating this then I'm more than a little confused.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: January 31, 2016, 06:36:21 pm »

Although we are clairvoyant mediums and spiritualists, we don't just stop at spiritual goods - Nemesis Now have an excellent contract in place with Games Workshop to create this exclusively licensed materials for us to sell to the retail.

This is... bizarre. What?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2777 on: January 31, 2016, 06:37:35 pm »

>Ultramarine cushions
>Space Wolves journal
>Blood Angels clock

Hahahaahahahahahahaaaahahahaahhahahahahahaa
Though really I would dig an Imperial Aquilla cushion or notebook or an mug, but would proably be marked as a nazi or something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: January 31, 2016, 06:39:41 pm »

It's obviously just a part of GW's drug and money laundering operation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: January 31, 2016, 07:12:25 pm »

The proceeds from Warp Dust sales aren't going to launder themselves you know.

Though really I would dig an Imperial Aquilla cushion or notebook or an mug, but would proably be marked as a nazi or something.

These are my feels as well. I once in boredom started a list of choice 40k Imperial quotes on the white board at work. (For nothing is as grmdrk as Tech Support.) After about 20 I stopped and looked at them and realized to the average passerby it probably looked like a Hitler Youth Manifesto.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:14:53 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: January 31, 2016, 07:40:24 pm »

Haha really?

In other news- the box set I wanted to buy is no longer in production so I have to go the long way around to finish all of my IG formations.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: January 31, 2016, 08:59:18 pm »

These are my feels as well. I once in boredom started a list of choice 40k Imperial quotes on the white board at work. (For nothing is as grmdrk as Tech Support.) After about 20 I stopped and looked at them and realized to the average passerby it probably looked like a Hitler Youth Manifesto.
How strange :P It's almost like it was inspired by such ideas :P (Tau would probably sound like Mao Youth, tho)

Just say it's an american eagle or a roman aquila or something, though, that should be fine, in terms of initial deflection from Nazi. Include some phrase in High Gothic/Latin under it and no one will realize you secretly serve the Emperor.

I hope Armada gets expansion packs with more races. Necrons, 'Nids, and Tau would all be relatively unique in terms of playstyle, certainly in terms of aesthetics. Though I'm not sure which Tau fleet set they'd use...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2782 on: January 31, 2016, 09:32:25 pm »

How strange :P It's almost like it was inspired by such ideas :P (Tau would probably sound like Mao Youth, tho)

Just say it's an american eagle or a roman aquila or something, though, that should be fine, in terms of initial deflection from Nazi. Include some phrase in High Gothic/Latin under it and no one will realize you secretly serve the Emperor.

I hope Armada gets expansion packs with more races. Necrons, 'Nids, and Tau would all be relatively unique in terms of playstyle, certainly in terms of aesthetics. Though I'm not sure which Tau fleet set they'd use...
I was wondering about getting an Aquilla pedant back in the day but seriously, two headed eagle, in nearly Nazi style, in Poland...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: January 31, 2016, 09:33:05 pm »

>Ultramarine cushions
>Space Wolves journal
>Blood Angels clock

Hahahaahahahahahahaaaahahahaahhahahahahahaa
I have a shirt with the imperial aquilla on it and the dark angle symble on one zshoulder, so far no one has caled my a nazi. I have gotten a few people recognizing them though, which makes me feel happy.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:38 pm »

I was wondering about getting an Aquilla pedant back in the day but seriously, two headed eagle, in nearly Nazi style, in Poland...
An Inquisitorial rosette would be better, a big gothic I isn't really associated with anything to my knowledge.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind one of those offset eight-pointed stars...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: January 31, 2016, 11:52:31 pm »

I don't know, in both Scotland and Russia everyone and their mother knows about 40K so that you can go around bedecked in skulls and aquillae and nobody will raise an eyebrow. And whenever you post Imperial quotes online people would invariably join in, I've even seen Russian "Imperials" (czaraboo nationalists) and Chechens (kebab, hated by said czaraboo nationalists) bond over their mutual love for the Emperor.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: February 01, 2016, 02:03:24 am »

So um, I'm still not certain I didn't bash my head on something and imagine this, but GW seems to have made a deal to distribute 40K merchandise through a psychic 'alternative medicine' practice based in Norfolk.

http://www.dreamsaway.co.uk/#!warhammer-40000/c1p3b

If I'm not hallucinating this then I'm more than a little confused.

That is deeply unusual.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: February 01, 2016, 02:11:33 am »

Not really when you think about it.

GWS has been on a licensing crusade for the last few years. If there's anything unusual about it, it's that their licensing department's restraint has slipped that far that fast. I thought we'd see something in the dank future of about 20 years from now, but not this soon.

Now 'scuse me, I need to go write an email about an Emperor Body Pillow.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: February 01, 2016, 03:16:04 am »

Would tattooing the Aquila, Inquisitorial Rosette or Chaos Star make me GW property?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: February 01, 2016, 03:23:22 am »

No, but they will cut out copyright breaking parts of your skin.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 824