Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 459287 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: [<< Dark Ages II: War&Myth >>] Vanilla + Horror [R1b][42.06] Book/Dance Fix
« Reply #495 on: February 27, 2016, 04:57:45 am »

Going to make my way through the last 6-months of posts on this thread this weekend and address outstanding reported issues. Now is a great time to suggest bug fixes, features, or new Adventurer classes! :)
add back fireballs. I need me some easy access to some roasting accidents, if not that then a class made for screwing around and summoning and pulling bogeymen out of the void cackling
[NOFEAR] is prime for making a class that safe to wander alone at night, slap on [NIGHTCREATURE_BOGEYMAN] on top of a transformation if you want to slap on a penalty or grant power to the player to Curse someone to die by sunrise(when the cackling ends not really from the sunrising.) for folks who want to pull the fear hating imps into the world and watch them pummel everyone who afraid of the night.
also Dances loads of bogeyman dances.
Spider-people and I think barkscorpion people have this on naturally.
now thinking of this Nightcreature_bogeyman token opens up to making races that are civil and will pop up in world and have towns as well you can risk wandering into the night alone and find one and 'bind' one to your will.
depending on which bogeyman you grab you could get a civil bog or one of those feral ones that will punch a peasant and act like a normal zombie.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 27, 2016, 06:17:21 am »

add back fireballs. I need me some easy access to some roasting accidents, if not that then a class made for screwing around and summoning and pulling bogeymen out of the void cackling

you of all people probably know how many mods have had fire then removed it for causing all the grass fires

(i can think of... 5? off the top of my head: this one, IIRC dark wizard tower, Dwarf Chocolate, Genesis... actually, Masterwork went a funnier path and just made all the grass non-flammable IIRC, so I guess 4, though that really does count as a workaround)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2016, 06:27:26 am »

oh well.
oh uhh if not that on top of that you could look into turning dwarves into pets because it seems you can just cage those guys and sell them into slavery.
I sold my nobles that way. just sell your king off to some elves or goblins or other dwarves it's okay if they got horribly transformed into a duck or a cat.
probably could sell those blood plump helmet men too.
"body swapping and YOU!"

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 28, 2016, 12:07:05 pm »

Could you make the new version with "Starter Pack" ?
Also download link at http://www.dfdarkage.com points to the old r10 version.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 29, 2016, 10:39:25 am »

I plan to increase bestiary of The Fall soon, I am currently working on it. If you wish, you can grab the creatures you like later. My mod has "magical post apocalypse" theme, but otherwise our goals are identical here: dread and dark fantasy.

Here's a few typos and stuff I found while playing.

Mineral beast: "It's round body has three eyes" - "It's" should be "its".
Ancestral spirit: "They posses mysterious powers" - Posses should be possess.
Old one: "vigintillions of years" - Are you sure about this one? I think it's 10^120, sooo... Longer than universe? :D
Formless polyp: "undead squid like polypous with burning eyes", should be "squid-like polyp" or "polypus", "polypous" is an adjective.
Polyhedron: "incomprenhensible" - Should be "incomprehensible".
Dark master: "It has spiral void eyes, and black firey breath." - Should be "fiery".

I hope it helps :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 29, 2016, 03:35:08 pm »

Sailors can spawn a special minecart named a boat out of some logs?

Additionally, are you comfortable with the systems required to make the thing Mac compatible?

It's only a matter of copying the raws into the Mac version, but I've not yet released a raw only version.

Going to make my way through the last 6-months of posts on this thread this weekend and address outstanding reported issues. Now is a great time to suggest bug fixes, features, or new Adventurer classes! :)
[NOFEAR] is prime for making a class that safe to wander alone at night, slap on [NIGHTCREATURE_BOGEYMAN] on top of a transformation if you want to slap on a penalty or grant power to the player to Curse someone to die by sunrise(when the cackling ends not really from the sunrising.) for folks who want to pull the fear hating imps into the world and watch them pummel everyone who afraid of the night.
also Dances loads of bogeyman dances.
Spider-people and I think barkscorpion people have this on naturally.
now thinking of this Nightcreature_bogeyman token opens up to making races that are civil and will pop up in world and have towns as well you can risk wandering into the night alone and find one and 'bind' one to your will.
depending on which bogeyman you grab you could get a civil bog or one of those feral ones that will punch a peasant and act like a normal zombie.

Currently I have bogey man turned off, although I like your suggestion. Fireball is coming back to select group of trainable creatures I made this weekend. Will look into what Putnam said and try to make more things fire proof.

Could you make the new version with "Starter Pack" ?
Also download link at http://www.dfdarkage.com points to the old r10 version.

Waiting on the new Starter Pack to be released by PeridexisErrant. Still in the process of merging the old website with the new website!

I plan to increase bestiary of The Fall soon, I am currently working on it. If you wish, you can grab the creatures you like later. My mod has "magical post apocalypse" theme, but otherwise our goals are identical here: dread and dark fantasy.

Here's a few typos and stuff I found while playing.

Mineral beast: "It's round body has three eyes" - "It's" should be "its".
Ancestral spirit: "They posses mysterious powers" - Posses should be possess.
Old one: "vigintillions of years" - Are you sure about this one? I think it's 10^120, sooo... Longer than universe? :D
Formless polyp: "undead squid like polypous with burning eyes", should be "squid-like polyp" or "polypus", "polypous" is an adjective.
Polyhedron: "incomprenhensible" - Should be "incomprehensible".
Dark master: "It has spiral void eyes, and black firey breath." - Should be "fiery".

I hope it helps :).

It helps.  :) Will happily swoop in to grab from your "The Fall" bestiary, thank you for suggesting it.

I'm making a version of Dark Ages for Skyrim currently.  The first release will consist of 6-spells and should be available later tonight on Steam.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:46:37 pm by Rammok »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dark Ages: War & Mythos coming to Skyrim!

Subscribe: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635842788

[DF will still get the priory for modding going forward, and [R2] should be released later this week.]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:45:04 pm by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:51:03 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: [<< DAII: War&Mythos >>] Vanilla + Horror [42.06][R2] Hell Hounds
« Reply #503 on: March 05, 2016, 01:20:40 am »

So, the linked download says it's for R2, but once downloaded, gives you something called "DAII_War&Myth_ASCII_DF42_06_R1".

It works, and, having installed it, am enjoying myself, but hey.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #504 on: March 05, 2016, 01:52:22 am »

So, the linked download says it's for R2, but once downloaded, gives you something called "DAII_War&Myth_ASCII_DF42_06_R1".

It works, and, having installed it, am enjoying myself, but hey.

Thank you for the quickness. A folder renaming shortcut I keep using, but I uploaded a fix anyway cause it's a bit unsatisfying.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 05, 2016, 06:12:57 am »

okay so I found out some classes if moved into fort mode are class as pets.
which in my research of breeding is EHH justifiable though you can't trade these pet adventurers
what got me to make this post is I saw a silk worm lay eggs then those eggs hatched with out needing a breeding pair.
I need to learn how did this happen and if this means I can just make a race of self replicating super larva dwarves.
"body swapping and YOU!"

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [<< DAII: War&Mythos >>] Vanilla + Horror [42.06][R3] [Start Pack]
« Reply #506 on: March 07, 2016, 02:50:31 am »

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:17:21 am by GM-X »

Ariachus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 10, 2016, 03:49:48 pm »

TLDR: gui launcher is screwing my save when I try to change graphics pack. Solution make sure you have preferred graphics pack selected when genning world, however may have missing content. For this reason I suggest phoebus or spacefox b/c loss of one glossable rock less significant than loss of creature(s) or scroll roller items for libraries.

I'm having issues with this build and, I suspect, its because of the graphics sets and how the lnp launcher changes the raws to use them.  They are as follows
Default ASCII launcher throws error on updating savegames "would have broken raws"
CLA will install and update savegames when I tried to load my game df will launch I select continue and it says "missing item ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL_ROLLERS"
Ironhand dark ages same as CLA
Mayday dark ages same except "missing TOAD_GIANT_CAVE" (of note this is thrown before it gets to inorganics or item types so could be errors there too that I don't know about
phoebus dark ages same except "missing inorganic gloss quicklime"
spacefox exactly the same as phoebus

Also of note when I launch the game I get

I'm sorry I don't know what else to do. I downloaded the zip from dropbox, unzipped and started up a fort. I personally rely on the "u" "l" dfhack profession assignment utility a lot and it is unreadable in the tileset that is set as default, 90% sure its phoebus I know it also doesn't work on normal df so thats just a tileset issue and not your fault. So I set the launcher to laptop controls turn on autosave, turn off compression, turn on dfhack and all but job assignment utilities launch and start a fort. I had a lot of issues genning a world because I kept on getting an error
  between 20-50 or so years, which I sometimes get with normal df so I didn't think about it much, finally got a world that was  66 years and stopped it and started playing. Realized what tileset it was on and dealt with it for a while then saved changed the tileset and shutdown the comp for the night. Got it out today tried to play and started getting these errors. For the hell of it I tried to gen a new world while in spacefox, got a new world with a couple more of the previously mention access violation error. I was able to embark but on the embark screen I was totally unable to get quicklime for my party, it is possible my chosen civ had no access to it but I suspect that there is simply no quicklime in that genned world.  I was then able save and load as normal

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #508 on: March 11, 2016, 12:19:13 am »

TLDR: gui launcher is screwing my save when I try to change graphics pack. Solution make sure you have preferred graphics pack selected when genning world, however may have missing content. For this reason I suggest phoebus or spacefox b/c loss of one glossable rock less significant than loss of creature(s) or scroll roller items for libraries.

I'm having issues with this build and, I suspect, its because of the graphics sets and how the lnp launcher changes the raws to use them.  They are as follows
Default ASCII launcher throws error on updating savegames "would have broken raws"
CLA will install and update savegames when I tried to load my game df will launch I select continue and it says "missing item ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL_ROLLERS"
Ironhand dark ages same as CLA
Mayday dark ages same except "missing TOAD_GIANT_CAVE" (of note this is thrown before it gets to inorganics or item types so could be errors there too that I don't know about
phoebus dark ages same except "missing inorganic gloss quicklime"
spacefox exactly the same as phoebus

Also of note when I launch the game I get

I'm sorry I don't know what else to do. I downloaded the zip from dropbox, unzipped and started up a fort. I personally rely on the "u" "l" dfhack profession assignment utility a lot and it is unreadable in the tileset that is set as default, 90% sure its phoebus I know it also doesn't work on normal df so thats just a tileset issue and not your fault. So I set the launcher to laptop controls turn on autosave, turn off compression, turn on dfhack and all but job assignment utilities launch and start a fort. I had a lot of issues genning a world because I kept on getting an error
  between 20-50 or so years, which I sometimes get with normal df so I didn't think about it much, finally got a world that was  66 years and stopped it and started playing. Realized what tileset it was on and dealt with it for a while then saved changed the tileset and shutdown the comp for the night. Got it out today tried to play and started getting these errors. For the hell of it I tried to gen a new world while in spacefox, got a new world with a couple more of the previously mention access violation error. I was able to embark but on the embark screen I was totally unable to get quicklime for my party, it is possible my chosen civ had no access to it but I suspect that there is simply no quicklime in that genned world.  I was then able save and load as normal

Thank you for the detailed report. I noticed surprising errors while preparing the DAII Starter Pack I thought had been eliminated, clearly no. Using default graphic settings should avoid most of the issues, but I will upload a fix in [R4]. Probably after the next Starter Pack is released since that seems to be soon.   

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 13, 2016, 11:35:52 am »

Are there any invaders/sieges, mosters which absolutely require a certain population to trigger? Just I prefer to keep my population around 60 to preserve high fps and don't want to miss out on the fun.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 92