Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 170811 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2014, 04:37:27 pm »

"If you need something with a bit more oomph than the torch, my cutting laser is available"

Offer expensive part-loaned weaponry to uncaring demigod.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2014, 05:04:33 pm »

"You can borrow my tesla saber if you want, just don't use too much of the battery."

Offer.

((Steve. :D))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nunzillor

« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2014, 06:14:30 pm »

((Nice to see everyone so willing to assist our overlord in cutting a fellow teammate!))

"Tek understands.  Stay away from shadows if we do not want to become the Eater's next host.  Watch out for shades of the dead (unlikely) and anything triggered by proximity to shards (probable).  Do not listen to its tricks, no matter how persuasive they may seem.  Keep it hot, especially at night and the time of long shadows.  Tek is ready."

Tek observes the woman.  Is she straining against her restraints?  Making any noise?  And does she appear to be in pain?
((Sorry about the edits.  I'm working on cutting down, I swear.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:13:55 am by Nunzillor »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2014, 06:20:13 pm »

"Well, check one and two. Jumping between shadows is worrying. Most myths surrounding things like this have them be the shady manipulator type, and I'm not gonna believe for a second it can't mind control us. It being able to focus the heat is also worrying. And as for the really weird shit, I think assuming it can until we can prove it can't is a good idea, because honestly, I can jump dimensions and kill things with my mind, and I'm just human. Who knows what this can do. And I think he wants to teach someone a lesson."

Continue with the mental barriers, and ask for a rough estimate of how long it will take to arrive at the pit, accounting for one or two days worth of fuckups.
((for some reason I just read that as fuck-flips))

reply to steve
Quote from: @Steve
then what proof is there that this thing exists, if there is no data could there then be no thing? How do we now that they are not simply using this as some excuse. Also if her feet must not leave the earth then how do we throw her into the pit?
This seems off somehow. Also If I am to attempt to decapitate her I will need a sharp enough blade can you provide me with one?
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 06, 2014, 08:27:00 pm »

"Don't worry Steve. I was just asking, for ummm, like, background information. Yeah... Like, what sort of bloke is he? Yeah, fuck. That's it! Didn't mean we should all go drinking and whoring and driving around in big-fuck-arse-flying-tanks after we've offed this skank at all..... I've really learnt my lesson on that one, honest! You'd just be needing it for the ropes, right?"

Sambo readies himself for close combat, just in case. He doesn't turn on his kinetic amp yet though.

Speaking to Vincent and the Chief momentarily, he says:

"If you can work out the connections and shit, charge the battery for your heat thingy all you want during the day. The rifle don't do shit without it though, so I'll be wanting it back as soon as your done."

"Circle eyes, you've pretty much fucked that Gauss Rifle, so use it for trading and that if you need to. Get a heap of firewood or something. Heaps of water wouldn't go far wrong either."

((Probably should update my wiki page some time. 20 gauss rifle rounds, but no broken gauss rifle (Chief's already). I'll see if my new phone spazzes out. If it does, could a wiki-magician fix it soon?))

((Thank-you super amazing magical wiki gnome. I don't know how ER would work without you :)   ))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:20:41 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2014, 09:54:34 am »

Cecil stares at Mir for a hard second.

All right.

Cecil, using one of his "normal" arms, grabs Mir's nose and gives it a good solid tug.

Looks like I got missed.
The reaction is about as you would expect: Cecil gets yanked forward and thats about it.

"Hm. How high is sun? What is... the season, yes? Is the planet strange in its rotations, or is it not strange in any way?"

Ask Steve. Does he have handy astronomical data from which we can estimate the length of daylight hours versus the night? He should, since he's all up in this space shit usually. What's the length of a full daily rotation? Is there only one sun? Any other peculiar catches that need to be mentioned there? And if it's basically Earthlike, then, once again, how much daylight do we get?

Also, any markets nearby?

The length of day right now is about 13 hours of daylight to 12 of night. The planet has a rather odd elliptical orbit, much more exaggerated then earth; which results in a much of their extremely hot summers. We're here around fall or early winter though. But their planet doesn't have much of a tilt in it's axis so...eh. Only one sun, yeah.

There's one on the way out.

"How many groups will be trying to kill us or at least stop us?"

Ask.

As far as I know, none. At least no human groups. I can't tell you anything about any other groups.

"Alright, take care I'm going shopping. You have my number give me a ring if you need me."
Go find a market to barter at. Looking specifically for a generator.
About the only thing you're able to find is a rather large generator which is powered by gasoline. It seems powerful, but also quite heavy. You'd have to trade something to the man that had equal worth.

"Alright, take care I'm going shopping. You have my number give me a ring if you need me."
Go find a market to barter at. Looking specifically for a generator.

Follow this man, but keep an eye out for an iron monger or something of that nature - person that sells basic tools, probably someone who sells lights as well.
Electric lights or oil lamps?

"Well, check one and two. Jumping between shadows is worrying. Most myths surrounding things like this have them be the shady manipulator type, and I'm not gonna believe for a second it can't mind control us. It being able to focus the heat is also worrying. And as for the really weird shit, I think assuming it can until we can prove it can't is a good idea, because honestly, I can jump dimensions and kill things with my mind, and I'm just human. Who knows what this can do. And I think he wants to teach someone a lesson."

Continue with the mental barriers, and ask for a rough estimate of how long it will take to arrive at the pit, accounting for one or two days worth of fuckups.

It is...well walking through sand will slow you, and I'm going to assume you're not gonna speed walk the whole way, so something like 3 days, if everything goes well.

>Does anyone have a mono-razor or some sort of cutting implement I can borrow?

I've got a cutting torch, if you want to borrow it.

Err... W-why are you asking?

Steve takes the torch.

((Nice to see everyone so willing to assist our overlord in cutting a fellow teammate!))

"Tek understands.  Stay away from shadows if we do not want to become the Eater's next host.  Watch out for shades of the dead (unlikely) and anything triggered by proximity to shards (probable).  Do not listen to its tricks, no matter how persuasive they may seem.  Keep it hot, especially at night and the time of long shadows.  Tek is ready."

Tek observes the woman.  Is she straining against her restraints?  Making any noise?  And does she appear to be in pain?
((Sorry about the edits.  I'm working on cutting down, I swear.))
She isn't straining, making noise or even moving. She's breathing, quite quickly and shallowly, but thats about it.

((for some reason I just read that as fuck-flips))

reply to steve
Quote from: @Steve
then what proof is there that this thing exists, if there is no data could there then be no thing? How do we now that they are not simply using this as some excuse. Also if her feet must not leave the earth then how do we throw her into the pit?
This seems off somehow. Also If I am to attempt to decapitate her I will need a sharp enough blade can you provide me with one?

>Use a laser. Those are in no short supply.  If you really think this is all a hoax, then by all means, investigate it. Once you get a safe distance from here.

"Don't worry Steve. I was just asking, for ummm, like, background information. Yeah... Like, what sort of bloke is he? Yeah, fuck. That's it! Didn't mean we should all go drinking and whoring and driving around in big-fuck-arse-flying-tanks after we've offed this skank at all..... I've really learnt my lesson on that one, honest! You'd just be needing it for the ropes, right?"

Sambo readies himself for close combat, just in case. He doesn't turn on his kinetic amp yet though.

Speaking to Vincent and the Chief momentarily, he says:

"If you can work out the connections and shit, charge the battery for your heat thingy all you want during the day. The rifle don't do shit without it though, so I'll be wanting it back as soon as your done."

"Circle eyes, you've pretty much fucked that Gauss Rifle, so use it for trading and that if you need to. Get a heap of firewood or something. Heaps of water wouldn't go far wrong either."

((Probably should update my wiki page some time. 20 gauss rifle rounds, but no broken gauss rifle (Chief's already). I'll see if my new phone spazzes out. If it does, could a wiki-magician fix it soon?))

((Thank-you super amazing magical wiki gnome. I don't know how ER would work without you :)   ))
Steve glances at you for a moment but then walks over to the woman and begins using the cutting torch to sever the ropes binding the woman to the ground.

>If anyone has anything else to do or say, now is the time. I'm giving it over to you momentarily and I suspect they'll want you gone very quickly.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #186 on: October 08, 2014, 10:41:15 am »

Keep my distance from the lady. Watch her carefully.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2014, 11:19:21 am »

Purchase some metal sticks, let's call them, in return for those Gauss Rifle parts Sambo graciously let me keep. About a meter or so long will be good - see how many I can get.

Then move out with the rest.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:28:31 am by Harry Baldman »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2014, 12:22:43 pm »

Kai switches into University-Research-Mode, and starts taking notes on the women's behaviour, actions, appearance, time, ambient temperature etc.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2014, 12:39:33 pm »

Vincent plugs the battery pack into his backpack generator and gets ready to move out"I'm happy I decided to bring a heat gun along, but disappointed that puts me closest to the creature known for possessing others" Vincent then frowns "If we get infected, are we going to have to be killed in the same way?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:15:36 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2014, 02:16:59 pm »

Gorat thinks a bit, then says "I think I'm out of questions right now."

Ready to roll out.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2014, 02:56:21 pm »

"I'm a guy from space, in an advanced exoskeleton, and carrying a huge laser cannon. Do I really need to barter you for this?"
Take that generator and fly away. I guess give him some bottles of HMRC standard first out of pity.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2014, 03:58:08 pm »

((A great big generator is probably expensive around here. Try to avoid lynch mobs, they make such a mess.))

Dern holds position behind the Captive, taking temperature readings at regular distances from her skin, and charting them on his wristpad. Assume this to be always happening unless I say otherwise.

'We ready to, heh, roll?'
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2014, 04:19:44 pm »

"Right, so three days if all goes well, which it probably won't. Hrmmm. Well, I still have questions, but the answers to those are gonna be "hell if I know", and "your guess is as good as mine". So, onto the next bit of business. Right you lot, who do ya think should be in charge, now that Steve here is buggering off back to the relative safety of the Sword?"

Continue metal barriers, and stand in a position slightly behind and to the left of the host, and keep an eye on them.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 08, 2014, 04:55:09 pm »

Sambo aims his laser rifle at the woman from a position that won't involve friendly-fire and gets ready to move along with the squad. He does his best to keep a steady mind while doing so, considering that someone will probably be in the firing lane of his slow cooker/laser rifle.

"Right, so who's going to do the dragging? I'm not letting this bitch out of my sights for a moment. I've got this thing set on low for now, so it'll probably just tickle a bit if it hits us in our suits. But if I say move, then fucken do it! Or go home without legs and shit."

((Just to be sure, Vincent is using his backpack isn't he? Not Sambo's. Because Sambo is using his right now. Vincent can do a recharge when we've actually gotten moving.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:04:55 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89