Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171504 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: Inferno Mode Unlocked
« Reply #375 on: October 21, 2014, 05:11:20 pm »

"Far as I can tell, every mission ends with fiery death caused by teammates. It's a universal constant."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:14:50 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 21, 2014, 05:43:13 pm »

"In this case, heh, ultimately his. Did someone say there was cuttin' to be done? One arm, heh, jambalaya comin' right up!"
Use laser cutter of justice to begin removing arms . Roughly will do. One side at a time.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nunzillor

« Reply #377 on: October 21, 2014, 06:16:42 pm »

At this point, Tek's thought processes consist of frightened screaming and an urge to curl up in a ball.

"0100011001110101011000110110101100100001
WARNING!  Tek is about to use his MFM!"

Use MFM to create a very thin bubble of intense heat with Tek safely in the center.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 21, 2014, 07:40:32 pm »

"What in the everliving FUCK did you just DO?! YOU HAD ONE JOB. ONE. JOB. DO NOT TOUCH THE HOST, DO NOT WOUND IT, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT KILL IT. Now everybody that isn't Chin, get away from the host, and prepare to defend the damn camp! Anyone who doesn't listen will have their legs broken, and get left behind."

Defend the damn camp, and charge an exo bonus to assist with the containment of the host.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 21, 2014, 07:40:32 pm »

"Gorat, try dumping the cunt in the fire! Fuck him! That'll keep the prick warm!"

Sambo clicks his laser rifle up a notch of power and shoots Cecil with it (low/medium power, wide dispersion) , in long but controlled bursts. He sees what happens, then clicks it up to high power and gets ready to run like hell. If Cecil attacks Sambo, he turns on his kinetic amp and fights the boxing match of his life.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:00:18 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 22, 2014, 04:59:20 am »

((Is the woman's head intact?))
"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT"
Quote from: @Steve
Some genius just pulverised the woman retrieval of the head may be impossible now although in a case of irony? is that the word? he has become possessed in a much more violent facemelty-nazis kinda way rather than the more harmless pea-soup variant

P.S. SEND DROPSHIP WITH SOME COMPETENCE (read:veterans) TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT (or a drop-ship followed by a god rod whichever you prefer)

Help in some manner, if the points of light get close and start messing with shit then dive for a gap between them arms protecting head
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 22, 2014, 05:49:59 am »

((Erm. Cough. Wrong thread.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:52:20 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2014, 06:58:15 am »

((Sorry, was sick--impeded my duties in many threads I'm posting in. Anyway I can catch up lately? :-\ ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2014, 07:55:01 am »

((SNAFU))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2014, 10:07:56 am »

((Sorry, was sick--impeded my duties in many threads I'm posting in. Anyway I can catch up lately? :-\ ))
((Cecil punched the host. Now he's the host. Everybody freaking out. Also, we're surrounded by weird, probably hostile heat signatures. And now you're caught up.   :)))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2014, 10:22:15 am »

((Everybody freaking out.))
((Not everybody. Just all the wrong people. In the wrongest, most detrimental ways possible.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 22, 2014, 10:23:56 am »

((The heavily armed people are freaking out.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 22, 2014, 12:41:22 pm »

"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT"
Some genius just pulverised the woman retrieval of the head may be impossible now although in a case of irony? is that the word? he has become possessed in a much more violent facemelty-nazis kinda way rather than the more harmless pea-soup variant

P.S. SEND DROPSHIP WITH SOME COMPETENCE (read:veterans) TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT (or a drop-ship followed by a god rod whichever you prefer)

Help in some manner, if the points of light get close and start messing with shit then dive for a gap between them arms protecting head

((Yeah no she basically disintegrated. What was left got burned up because it left the ground in a really cool explode-y manner. So the woman is no more.))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »

Nervously back away from the Cecil-Turned-Eater-of-Cold. Hastily scribble down a few notes.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2014, 01:49:26 pm »

"Fuck, we're so dead" Vincent quickly redirects his (heat) gun towards Cecil, and tries to keep as much distance as he can from him, while still effectively keeping him hot. "Guys? Is heating him going to do much good at this point?"
You fire your hair dryer at the thing thats so hot it's fusing glass and melting thermal protected metamaterials.

The Chief sighs. A short list of Sambo's vocabulary runs through her mind as she picks her potential last words. Shooting is now officially out of the question.

Run like hell, reach at least 50-100 meters from Cecil, keep my head down. And also don't run into approaching frightmares (the Pricks in the Distance, if you will) if possible. If they seem to be coming from one direction or a set of directions, avoid those. If they're coming from all directions, try to bury myself in the sand, hoping to avoid their gaze if the sand is pliable enough - if it isn't, just appear unobtrusive and not worth killing, turn off my lights, think happy thoughts, keep head down, that sort of thing. Retreat from the disaster area significantly in any case.
You run like hell and then throw yourself face first into the sand, covering yourself as best you can and pretending to be a rock.

"DAMNIT! Back off, I'm not sure we can shoot him! STEVE! What should we do?! Cecil just got possessed!"

Back way off.
You too run away and hide in the sand.
Gorat sees the all-too-familiar idiocy take hold. Just not in time to stop it happening. In an instant, the host is dead, and the killer... possessed in her place? Gorat isn't sure. His first instinct is to curse loudly. He keeps it in for now, since he accepted responsibility for the mission. "I'll try to bind him with my amp. Everyone, keep eyes out at approaching things. One person, heat him. AND ABSOLUTELY NO TOUCHING HIM!"

Try to use my mass manip amp to carefully take whatever remains of the ropes and bind Cecil, expending my charged Exo bonus.

No matter how this turns out, now Gorat indulges himself. "####! #### all these abominations, and the anomalies that spawned them! And #### those idiots who can't keep their hands from ####ing alien stuff!"

You rolled an 8. The bonus brings that down to a 7. Heh.

The remains of the ropes, not much more then random lengths of thick brown cord, lurch into the air from where they've been scattered across the desert and bunch together into a large wad before firing themselves at Cecil like a ropy cannon ball. They slam into him with surprising force and smack him a dozen feet to the side, igniting the instant they touch him. Cecil's body, wreathed in incinerating rope, cartwheels into the dark like a molten comet and lands in the sand, raising a cloud of embers on impact.

"Not again."
Fly straight up, out of the reach of crazy punchy guy. Use the dynamic con bonus I charged last turn, type 8 into the keypad of my gun and shoot Cecil.
You fly straight up, type in a single number on the gun and then point it down at cecil and fire. An odd beam leaps from the gun, a sort of impossible bluish yellow, something that, by all rights, should be beyond the normal spectrum of human vision. It hurts your eyes. The beam hits Cecil but doesn't seem to have any effect.

((Heh. Heheh. HEH HEH HEH. I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE))

Force myself to stand still. Regain control of my mouth-bits to communicate. Then try to regain control of myself.

Goddamnit, of course this happens on my first mission. Cecil thinks to himself while in, apparently, excruciating pain.

Wait, can I feel anything? What the hell does this Eater of Cold want? Can I strike a bargain with it?
Sorry, the thing burnt what was your personality straight out of your skull the instant it took over.

((You might want to charge a will bonus. Just in case. After all, we could probably last another turn. Then again, some people probably thought that about the STAN incident.))

"No, the situation started because the host was killed, not wounded or shot at range. The fucking thing jumped bodies after the host was killed. And if it can jump bodies before it dies, what's to stop it from jumping to you if you render it's current host unable to act? Or would you rather we leave the thing inside somebody built to punch someone into tiny chunks? The biggest problem is that whatever is out in the desert wants this thing, and if we don't figure out some way of moving it, they'll probably get it."

Quote from: Jason Caldwell to Steve
Hey Steve, Cecil got possessed. Any chance we could just disable him and get a shuttle and box sent down to contain him so we can get out of this desert and let the R&D guys research him?

Send message to Steve. Defend self from any threats with microwave amp by heating a one foot sphere in center of aggressor by a significant amount. Or forming a heat blade to sever limbs if Cecil attacks me.

>Do me a favor if you really don't get why I said no flying him. Lift him up. 20 feet should work.

"In this case, heh, ultimately his. Did someone say there was cuttin' to be done? One arm, heh, jambalaya comin' right up!"
Use laser cutter of justice to begin removing arms . Roughly will do. One side at a time.
Oh this should be good. A six. You did not disappoint!

You whip out your cutting laser and just wiggle the beam across the already prone form of Cecil.

At this point, Tek's thought processes consist of frightened screaming and an urge to curl up in a ball.

"0100011001110101011000110110101100100001
WARNING!  Tek is about to use his MFM!"

Use MFM to create a very thin bubble of intense heat with Tek safely in the center.
Fight fire with fire is a metaphor you know, not literal advice.

You wrap yourself in a bubble of high heat.

"What in the everliving FUCK did you just DO?! YOU HAD ONE JOB. ONE. JOB. DO NOT TOUCH THE HOST, DO NOT WOUND IT, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT KILL IT. Now everybody that isn't Chin, get away from the host, and prepare to defend the damn camp! Anyone who doesn't listen will have their legs broken, and get left behind."

Defend the damn camp, and charge an exo bonus to assist with the containment of the host.
You get ready to defend the camp as best you can and charge an exo bonus.

"Gorat, try dumping the cunt in the fire! Fuck him! That'll keep the prick warm!"

Sambo clicks his laser rifle up a notch of power and shoots Cecil with it (low/medium power, wide dispersion) , in long but controlled bursts. He sees what happens, then clicks it up to high power and gets ready to run like hell. If Cecil attacks Sambo, he turns on his kinetic amp and fights the boxing match of his life.

I don't think you can laser him any more then he's already been lasered, sport.

"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT"

I'm just gonna have you get down, because this next part is probably gonna get bad.

Nervously back away from the Cecil-Turned-Eater-of-Cold. Hastily scribble down a few notes.
Ah the pursuit of science. Well, the Retreat of science, really, but same idea.

Cecil's body sits there for a moment, sliced to pieces, still glowing with heat. And then it collapses into ash, leaving nothing behind but that same burning mirage, the living heat haze coated in unearthly flame. It leaps across the open sand and into Dern, so fast that the only visible evidence of the movement is the bright, burning afterimage etched into the retina of everyone looking in that direction. Dern transforms in the same way, burning and melting his way through the suit, but there are bigger issues. The points of light hit the camp with projectile like speed. A few people manage to fire at them, in those last fractions of a second before they speed past, but if anyone hits, they can't tell. The points of light are marble sized capsules of heat and light, which skim along the sand and leave a glass trail and tiny, odd fragments of geometrically perfect stone behind them. They hit Dern like sniper's bullets and vanish into his body. The flame burning inside him seems to grow even larger. He doesn't move though, he just stands there, burning.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89