Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171511 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #360 on: October 21, 2014, 11:48:00 am »

((xD oh god epic fail)) Wake up? Shoot my (heat) gun in her face?
You roll out of bed -bed in this case being a comfy pile of sand- and start blow drying the lady right in the face. She seems nonplussed by your actions, squirming slightly but thats it.

Jason wakes up at the noise. Dammit, he just got to sleep, what the hell."Well, lasers suck. I didnt ask for an eldritch alarm clock and I don't like that noise. Might be time to use the amps, see if it'll shut it up."

Prepare dynamic exotic bonus, stay in the light.
Preparing bonus, staying in the light.

Goddamnit, she's calling the rocks isn't she? Cecil thinks to himself.

Guys what's she doing?

If she's still hot then go wake up someone who can deal with it. Like maybe battle-suit-guy over there.

Otherwise she needs a good sockin'

ya ain't got no battle suit guys on your team, friend. You been into my booze again?

Well she's cooling down so...

wait...you're the guy with the kinetic amp. The six armed guy built for punching. And you're saying you need to punch her...

Oh goody.

[uncon:4+1+1]

Heh.

"HEY!  Weird stuff's happening!  Everybody up!  Dubley, anyone else, heat her up if you can!  Amps last resort!"

Tek prods everyone to get them up.  He turns his light amps to maximum high enough to be able to see comfortably.
You start running around, kicking everyone and screaming for them to wake up, while also raising your light amps to the point you can see comfortably. It's a bit hard, what with the lights shining on the prisoner, but you're good as long as you don't look at em.
Awaken from horrendous noise. Prepare Gauss Sniper Rifle.

Lie down, and be ready to shoot something terrible as soon as it comes into long range. Charge that Con bonus!

Charging con bonus. Little do you know you're aiming in the wrong direction.

Go from dreaming about nuclear fuel rods to awake with a jump up. Grab thermometer, see if Captive heat is changed, drop thermometer, grab cutting laser and point out into desert.

"The hell is that noise! Is she calling for support?"
You get as far as testing the temp of the woman, which has dropped somewhat. Then the fun begins.

"MORE HEAT!"
build up chemical log fire with another log and have it closer to the woman
You throw another chemical log on the first, still smoldering one. It lights up in a burst of greenish flame that paints the chaotic scene in bizarre, dancing shadows.

(Uhhhh, when did I get cam-eyes? If they magically appeared, I'm fine with that, but I don't recall ever buying any.))

"What are you idiots doing! It's too late to heat her up! Get ready to repel an assault! Lamps to full, pick your targets well, and fire at will!"

Stand to repel the assault! Head lamps on, make sure I have a solid target, and fire at will. Try not to drain the mag in one go.
You turn on your head lamps and kneel in the sand, waiting for a target to present itself.

If I'm awake: Charge a dynamic Exo bonus
Else: Wake up.

Exo charged!

"Yes sirs.
EAT LASERS EAT GRAVITY DIE FUCKERS PRAISE INGRAM!"

Raduga maximum power. Number gun, #75. Dual wield and shoot all the bad guys. Or aim carefully if there are no bad guys to shoot yet.
Keep playing this song because it seems appropriate.

Nothing to shoot quite yet. Give it a minute.
Tek was pretty sure he was going to die here.  Oh well.
Prepare to use MFM on enemies.
Preparing.

People with guns, Sambo could handle. Screaming unholy monstrosities in female form, there was not a chance in hell. It was worse than his last wife.

Sambo wakes up, faces towards the woman, drops to one knee and fires his laser (on lowest power, wide dispersion) at the woman, running the beam up and down her in moderate bursts to even out the temperature. He keeps his suit lights pointed at her to try and lessen any shadows as well.

"You lot kill the shit out of whoever's coming. Fucks me, they might be friendly, but we're fucking not! I'll keep this bitch toasty while you're doing that."

"Anyone that needs a gun, grab my bloody gauss rifle. I'm not taking my eyes off this bitch for a moment."
You get as far as heating her just a bit before the fun starts.

Bank fires higher, stand away from the Eater of Cold and be ready to repel boarders, so to speak.

"Can we please keep the flame demon warm and try to not die faster."
You throw yet another log onto the fire.

Distance myself from the lady a bit and keep watch.
Probably a good idea...
Wakes with a start.

Huzzn... W-wha? What's happening?

((sorry about late reaction, life got in the way.))
In response to your question, nothing good.

Retreat into the light. Look out for any enemies.
I recommend ducking.

Cecil is calm. Whilst the rest of the group fires low intensity lasers or shines their lights into the desert, screaming about incoming hostiles, he does nothing but stand up and walk, with no particular haste, over to the woman. He knows what he has to do. It's what he was literally MADE to do. He cocks his kinetic amp wielding arm back and then swings. The punch connects with the woman's right shoulder and her body basically evaporates; what shattered pieces of it remain are hurled out of the converging lights and lasers and into the darkness beyond. For an instant that darkness glows, glows like an iridescent oil fire, like a mirage someone has doused in gasoline and set alight. It ripples  in mid air, a vertical gash of unearthly light, the sand below it glowing red hot and crackling as it fuses into glass. And then it falls, splashing over the sand like water, and then moving across the ground like a white phosphorous bullet burrowing through the ground.

Cecil jerks and goes stiff, his entire body contracting and distorting unnaturally, as though someone is yanking hard on every tendon, forcing his body into horrible contorted positions. Flame leaks from his suit and the heat fins melt as the flame starts to eat through the suit. The metal helmet runs down his face like warm syrup and a placid face, with eyes consumed by light, glares out through the molten metal. All six arms flex and twist, muscles rippling under crimson skin.

Out in the desert, the lights, or rather, the points of heat, are quickly closing in.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: Inferno Mode Unlocked
« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2014, 01:29:03 pm »

"Fuck, we're so dead" Vincent quickly redirects his (heat) gun towards Cecil, and tries to keep as much distance as he can from him, while still effectively keeping him hot. "Guys? Is heating him going to do much good at this point?"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:41:45 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2014, 01:37:31 pm »

The Chief sighs. A short list of Sambo's vocabulary runs through her mind as she picks her potential last words. Shooting is now officially out of the question.

Run like hell, reach at least 50-100 meters from Cecil, keep my head down. And also don't run into approaching frightmares (the Pricks in the Distance, if you will) if possible. If they seem to be coming from one direction or a set of directions, avoid those. If they're coming from all directions, try to bury myself in the sand, hoping to avoid their gaze if the sand is pliable enough - if it isn't, just appear unobtrusive and not worth killing, turn off my lights, think happy thoughts, keep head down, that sort of thing. Retreat from the disaster area significantly in any case.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:59:00 pm by Harry Baldman »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 21, 2014, 02:24:17 pm »

"DAMNIT! Back off, I'm not sure we can shoot him! STEVE! What should we do?! Cecil just got possessed!"

Back way off.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:26:00 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2014, 02:31:46 pm »

[color="blue"]"DAMNIT! Back off, I'm not sure we can shoot him! STEVE! What should we do?! Cecil just got possessed!"[/color]

"Run away, look at what it does and where it goes! Get data for science!"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2014, 02:45:12 pm »

Gorat sees the all-too-familiar idiocy take hold. Just not in time to stop it happening. In an instant, the host is dead, and the killer... possessed in her place? Gorat isn't sure. His first instinct is to curse loudly. He keeps it in for now, since he accepted responsibility for the mission. "I'll try to bind him with my amp. Everyone, keep eyes out at approaching things. One person, heat him. AND ABSOLUTELY NO TOUCHING HIM!"

Try to use my mass manip amp to carefully take whatever remains of the ropes and bind Cecil, expending my charged Exo bonus.

No matter how this turns out, now Gorat indulges himself. "####! #### all these abominations, and the anomalies that spawned them! And #### those idiots who can't keep their hands from ####ing alien stuff!"

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2014, 02:47:42 pm »

"Not again."
Fly straight up, out of the reach of crazy punchy guy. Use the dynamic con bonus I charged last turn, type 8 into the keypad of my gun and shoot Cecil.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2014, 02:54:02 pm »

"OH GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! IT'S MISSION 15 ALL OVER AGAIN!" Jason shouts, panicking a bit. He takes a few deep breaths. After all, panicking and acting without thinking was how his arms got broke last time, and Mesk wasn't here to save him.

"Wait, I've got an idea. He's a punchy guy, right? What if we cut off his arms and legs with heat blades and lasers? It should cauterize the stumps, so he won't die and the Eater will be trapped. Maybe if we tie him up with something non-flammable, Dubley can fly him away and whatever things it called might go dormant again. Or follow. Either way, saves our asses. And Dubley should be safe if the things can't fly."

EVERYONE LISTEN, I HAVE A SOMEWHAT COMPETENT IDEA!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2014, 03:03:28 pm »

"No shooting or wounding him! That's how this ####ing situation started in the first place!"

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 21, 2014, 03:28:31 pm »

((Heh. Heheh. HEH HEH HEH. I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE))

Force myself to stand still. Regain control of my mouth-bits to communicate. Then try to regain control of myself.

Goddamnit, of course this happens on my first mission. Cecil thinks to himself while in, apparently, excruciating pain.

Wait, can I feel anything? What the hell does this Eater of Cold want? Can I strike a bargain with it?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:00:32 pm by Pufferfish »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2014, 03:39:34 pm »

((You might want to charge a will bonus. Just in case. After all, we could probably last another turn. Then again, some people probably thought that about the STAN incident.))

"No, the situation started because the host was killed, not wounded or shot at range. The fucking thing jumped bodies after the host was killed. And if it can jump bodies before it dies, what's to stop it from jumping to you if you render it's current host unable to act? Or would you rather we leave the thing inside somebody built to punch someone into tiny chunks? The biggest problem is that whatever is out in the desert wants this thing, and if we don't figure out some way of moving it, they'll probably get it."

Quote from: Jason Caldwell to Steve
Hey Steve, Cecil got possessed. Any chance we could just disable him and get a shuttle and box sent down to contain him so we can get out of this desert and let the R&D guys research him?

Send message to Steve. Defend self from any threats with microwave amp by heating a one foot sphere in center of aggressor by a significant amount. Or forming a heat blade to sever limbs if Cecil attacks me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:45:37 pm by Beirus »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2014, 03:51:27 pm »

"The host was killed, exactly. Repeating this won't make things better. As for flying the host away, Steve was warned against this. As we were of wounding the host."

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2014, 04:13:49 pm »

"Oh right, it can't leave the ground. Well, Steve did say that if we were going to wound it, we should do it in the desert. If this thing starts growing legs and heads and crap and singing, it's going to be just like Mission 15. Maybe we can get Steve to send a heated, insulated box and a shuttle. If we pack the box with sand and put the Eater in there, maybe it'll still count as ground and we can get it to the R&D folks, make it their problem. They're probably better equipped to handle alien fuckery than we are."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2014, 04:39:38 pm »

"If they still want it after this..."

Gorat quickly types away on his wristpad and sends a message (more typo-riddled than what follows, thanks to the situation) to Morul.
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, to Morul
Don't shock me right away. I wear a suit that can put me in stasis for an hour at the push of a button on my chest. If things get really desperate, I/we could try to use it to contain the Eater...

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 21, 2014, 04:49:23 pm »

"Are all missions going to go the way this one and 15 went? That's just greeeaat"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 89