Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171523 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #660 on: December 12, 2014, 02:54:31 pm »

Hmmm....let's get to it, then? What do we have to cut glass with?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nunzillor

« Reply #661 on: December 12, 2014, 06:18:24 pm »

"Well, we have a lot of heating implements and at least one kinetic amp, Tek thinks.  Could we just heat up a slice of the glass to partially melt it and then remove that section using a kinetic amp? 

"For example, melting the middle section of a block of metal creates two separate halves of metal, both halves still solid and transportable.  By applying this several times to the chunk of glass we could create separate and increasingly small chunks of glass, heavy but easily removable by force (such as with a kinetic amp and the entire effort of the team) until only a small Eater-prison chunk is left.

"Tek offers to use his MFM for this."

If no one makes to stop him or suggest something else, Tek melts an extremely thin slice of glass about a quarter from one of the mound's edges, allowing a quarter of the mound to be removed by the team.  If a quarter turns out to not be reasonable to move, use eighths.  Repeat until only a small section of glass is left containing the Eater.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:39:13 pm by Nunzillor »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 12, 2014, 06:39:52 pm »

Turn heat gun off and let the generator charge it "would it be possible to roll it?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 12, 2014, 07:12:06 pm »

"Well, we have a lot of heating implements and at least one kinetic amp, Tek thinks.  Could we just heat up a slice of the glass to partially melt it and then remove that section using a kinetic amp? 

"For example, melting the middle section of a block of metal creates two separate halves of metal, both halves still solid and transportable.  By applying this several times to the chunk of glass we could create separate and increasingly small chunks of glass, heavy but easily removable by force (such as with a kinetic amp and the entire effort of the team) until only a small Eater-prison chunk is left.

If no one makes to stop him or suggest something else, Tek melts an extremely thin slice of glass about a quarter from one of the mound's edges, allowing a quarter of the mound to be removed by the team.  If a quarter turns out to not be reasonable to move, use eighths.  Repeat until only a small section of glass is left containing the Eater.
"Good idea tek tell me when you're ready"
When sliver ready for removal hook shield into the top of the gap and pull out quickly
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 12, 2014, 10:06:01 pm »

"I have a source of light and breeze. Investigating."

If possible to send datapad first on length of rope, check the breeze-tunnel, and if safe explore it. Otherwise, cautiously make my way into the tunnel, tesla saber as accessible as possible without being in danger of losing it, and explore the tunnel. Find out what's at the far end, if possible. Take video if I'm not automatically doing so.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 12, 2014, 10:10:03 pm »

"Ya know that laser I've got? The one that I've been firing at shit the whole time and isn't liable to fuck this thing up entirely if you have a sodding brain-fart and forget to carry the one? Yeah, if your head explodes, I reckon we use that instead."

Use laser rifle on beam/100% setting to cut the glass that the Eater/half-vaped-Dern is encased in into a nice cylinder shape. Don't cut too close to the Eater and leave a bit at each end (Top/bottom). Round the top and bottom off a bit so we can slide it if necessary. Let the rest of the team remove cut glass chunks as necessary (ie, don't fire at them, just the glass mound).

"Yeah, help us pull this bastard out when I'm done. Dig it out or something. We'll roll the cunt the rest of the way. Once he's out, I'll easy-bake the prick as we're moving. Should be able to get him pretty damn hot without slagging the glass."

((ps, I've got my dynamic Con bonus and +1 Con, so it should be fine. Unless the Eater wakes up or goes all mind-rapey on us.))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:35:24 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 12, 2014, 10:50:18 pm »

"Wish me luck, I'm going down!"

Turn on light light amps. Slowly hover down the vertical tunnel.
Keep my pickaxe ready. If I begin falling for whatever reason, strike the side of the tunnel and hold on tight.
If things get dangerous, then rocket out of the tunnel.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #667 on: December 12, 2014, 11:09:38 pm »

"Ya know that laser I've got? The one that I've been firing at shit the whole time and isn't liable to fuck this thing up entirely if you have a sodding brain-fart and forget to carry the one? Yeah, if your head explodes, I reckon we use that instead."

"Fine, let's try with the laser then.  Tek feels that the MFM can be fairly safe if used cautiously, but he has heard... interesting stories on his home world of issues with overzealous users, so he understands the fear."

Only use MFM in manner described in previous post if Sambo's use of the laser is unsuccessful, assuming he gives it a shot.  Edit: also assist in removing the chunks of glass.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:19:14 am by Nunzillor »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 12, 2014, 11:42:05 pm »

"Well, time to go."

Take two steps up, then hit the button and get out of the void.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 13, 2014, 12:16:38 am »

((Above action has been edited due to Sambo/Tek's exchange.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 13, 2014, 04:06:14 am »

Observe Han's explorations, but hold a respectful distance from him and his lightning sword. Aid him with the rope-camera-light probe I made, since I assume that's what he meant with the datapad and rope.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 13, 2014, 12:33:57 pm »

"Okay guys, go for it."

Watch the peeling of the Eater. Shout to stop Sambo if he seems to get into dangerous territory.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #672 on: December 15, 2014, 06:45:08 pm »

You slice a chunk of the glass mound off and it slides down, samurai movie style, and lands heavily in the sand. You do it a few more times, shaving the mound away. The resulting glass tomb is larger then you'd have liked, but you at least didn't hit the body inside.

Turn heat gun off and let the generator charge it "would it be possible to roll it?"
Charging

"Good idea tek tell me when you're ready"
When sliver ready for removal hook shield into the top of the gap and pull out quickly
You help drag away the severed sections of the glass mound.

Use laser rifle on beam/100% setting to cut the glass that the Eater/half-vaped-Dern is encased in into a nice cylinder shape. Don't cut too close to the Eater and leave a bit at each end (Top/bottom). Round the top and bottom off a bit so we can slide it if necessary. Let the rest of the team remove cut glass chunks as necessary (ie, don't fire at them, just the glass mound).

"Yeah, help us pull this bastard out when I'm done. Dig it out or something. We'll roll the cunt the rest of the way. Once he's out, I'll easy-bake the prick as we're moving. Should be able to get him pretty damn hot without slagging the glass."

((ps, I've got my dynamic Con bonus and +1 Con, so it should be fine. Unless the Eater wakes up or goes all mind-rapey on us.))
We'll say you shave it down to a more reasonable size.

"Well, time to go."

Take two steps up, then hit the button and get out of the void.
You pop back into existence about 100 feet from where you disappeared. Neat.

"Okay guys, go for it."

Watch the peeling of the Eater. Shout to stop Sambo if he seems to get into dangerous territory.

I didn't see the "l" in peeling at first.

Changed the meaning a bit.

"Wish me luck, I'm going down!"

Turn on light light amps. Slowly hover down the vertical tunnel.
Keep my pickaxe ready. If I begin falling for whatever reason, strike the side of the tunnel and hold on tight.
If things get dangerous, then rocket out of the tunnel.

You descend about 60 feet into the sand and stone before the sounds beneath you suddenly intensify. The light grows brighter and shadows begin to flicker wildly down below. Theres a sound like a blowtorch igniting and the temp in the tunnel kicks up 10 degrees immediately.

"I have a source of light and breeze. Investigating."

If possible to send datapad first on length of rope, check the breeze-tunnel, and if safe explore it. Otherwise, cautiously make my way into the tunnel, tesla saber as accessible as possible without being in danger of losing it, and explore the tunnel. Find out what's at the far end, if possible. Take video if I'm not automatically doing so.
Observe Han's explorations, but hold a respectful distance from him and his lightning sword. Aid him with the rope-camera-light probe I made, since I assume that's what he meant with the datapad and rope.
You're in the middle of tying the datapad to the rope when the room starts to shake. The temperature sensors in your suit beep as the temp increases by several degrees. Several tunnels near you begin to glow with distant light.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 15, 2014, 06:50:02 pm »

((Ruh-roh Raggy!))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 15, 2014, 07:17:28 pm »

Still guarding that hole in the desert. With my Shackle, I'm like the desert's chastity belt. Also, help people out of the hole if they need help.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:35:52 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 89