Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171459 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: Curse of the Mummy.
« Reply #930 on: February 03, 2015, 04:34:05 pm »

"Well, we're totally fucked. This is a really shitty time to be sobering up, If we survive this I need to remember where I found that bottle..."   "GUYS! IF WE ARE GOING TO KEEP THE EATER CONTAINED, OUR BEST BET IS TO BURY IT WITH SAND! NOW! Bury the eater with sand as quick as I sustainably can
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 03, 2015, 04:39:21 pm »

Shovel Sand.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 03, 2015, 05:15:33 pm »

"Steve, do you have the relative co-ordinates to the next site, and if you do, can you guide us there? I really think we've hit the point where we can't keep this thing contained, and our best bet is to get this thing as close to the target as possible, as soon as possible."

If Steve can guide us, start using my mass amp to roll the Eaterball towards the goal. Try and get it going around jogging speed. If he can't guide us, and the eater breaks out, use my micro amp to slowly raise the temperature of the air around the eater until it starts to calm down. If Steve can't guide us, and the Eater stays contained, just watch the fireball, and maintain my exo bonus.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #933 on: February 03, 2015, 08:35:11 pm »

"Regally recommending over here that those who can heat, heat while those that cannot heat, shovel (if that was not already clear).  That mass amp will come in handy.  Hopefully we create a second cocoon, one of glass, and don't just cool it down further with all the sand..."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 04, 2015, 12:42:44 am »

How deep are the lights in the ground? Could I dig one out? Do my teammates have little location indicators somewhere I can see? Ate they near any of the lights?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 04, 2015, 09:55:16 am »

Amp-shovel sand on the cocoon. Lot's of it.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #936 on: February 04, 2015, 11:44:19 am »

Shovel sand, shovel sand, shovel more sand, shovel even more sand and shovel yet more sand in that order.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 04, 2015, 04:35:22 pm »

Test effects of potion-hands on air, then see if I can glass sand. If so, see if it would be feasible to make the guys in the tunnels a staircase out.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #938 on: February 05, 2015, 04:41:05 pm »

"In the underworld we have a saying: 'we're all fucked.'  We think it applies here."

Command undead subjects to begin piling and compacting sand on the Eater's shell.  That should start us off, at least.
You get the zombies to start burying the eater's sarcophagus in sand.

"Well, we're totally fucked. This is a really shitty time to be sobering up, If we survive this I need to remember where I found that bottle..."   "GUYS! IF WE ARE GOING TO KEEP THE EATER CONTAINED, OUR BEST BET IS TO BURY IT WITH SAND! NOW! Bury the eater with sand as quick as I sustainably can
BURY SAND!

Shovel Sand.
BURY BURY BURY

"Steve, do you have the relative co-ordinates to the next site, and if you do, can you guide us there? I really think we've hit the point where we can't keep this thing contained, and our best bet is to get this thing as close to the target as possible, as soon as possible."

If Steve can guide us, start using my mass amp to roll the Eaterball towards the goal. Try and get it going around jogging speed. If he can't guide us, and the eater breaks out, use my micro amp to slowly raise the temperature of the air around the eater until it starts to calm down. If Steve can't guide us, and the Eater stays contained, just watch the fireball, and maintain my exo bonus.
People are rather blocking your attempts here by burying the eater in a fuck ton of sand.

How deep are the lights in the ground? Could I dig one out? Do my teammates have little location indicators somewhere I can see? Ate they near any of the lights?
There's one maybe...5 feet underground about 100 meters away. You could try to dig that one out.

[1+1]
Fuck.

Shovel sand, shovel sand, shovel more sand, shovel even more sand and shovel yet more sand in that order.

BURY!

Test effects of potion-hands on air, then see if I can glass sand. If so, see if it would be feasible to make the guys in the tunnels a staircase out.
Potion hands seem to make the air turn murky and smell bad. It doesn't make things into glass though. It just seems to degrade or degenerate anything that it touches.

"Fire, so pretty! And dangerous. Agreed, lets leave them alone."

If the mk3 can withstand the heat, and the fire orbs don't seem hostile, then Carefully explore the cave.
"Let's not trouble the great balls of fire, Dubs, agreed?"

What shape is the chamber? Are there more exits than the one we came in through? Are there any interesting features of it that I can detect? Move along the outer rim of the chamber carefully, but not too far, to get a more complete look. Do the orbs seem to care about us in any way? If they visibly respond to me taking a step into the chamber, withdraw back into the tunnel.

The chamber isn't a pleasant shape to describe. It's a big ugly mass of undulating sides and half melted protuberances, the inside of a geode thats been half dissolved. There are several other exits scattered around the room, none of which are at the "Ground level" you'd be walking on. There are a bunch of weird crystalline formations out there on the ground and walls, as well as all sorts of odd rock formations that look pretty unlike anything you've seen before. However, the room is noticeably hot, even in the suits, and this is just from the threshold. The balls, however, either don't notice you or don't care.

The Work burying the eater goes pretty well, and within a few minutes it's under a sizable mount of sand. That fireball is still circling down, but at least the eater's struggles are concealed for the moment. As the thing comes down, you can start to make out details about it; namely the fact that it appears to have a sort of central body with radiating limbs or structures of some kind.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 05, 2015, 05:23:29 pm »

"Scatter!"

Continue amp-shoveling sand on the cocoon. Still lot's of it. Keep a hand on the stasis button.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 05, 2015, 06:25:50 pm »

Go dig that shiny thing up.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nunzillor

« Reply #941 on: February 05, 2015, 09:03:22 pm »

We have lots of sand but no heat!  We need heat!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 05, 2015, 10:00:04 pm »

Feyri should be heating the EOC with the big laser gun I gave her.

"Chief, you should wait here. Sorry, but it's too dangerous."
Try to transfer most of the mk3's cooling to my head, because my robot body doesn't really need it. Don't freeze my head again.
Explore the chamber, quickly. Take a few interesting wall samples. Try to make it to one of the exits.
If it ever get dangerously hot, or if the fireballs start acting hostile, then GTFO.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 05, 2015, 11:51:01 pm »

"Yep, definitely fucked!" Continue burying the eater, but keep a close eye on that Flying Fire Stan and run like hell if it gets close enough that the risk of getting crushed or lit on fire becomes significant
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:46 pm »

BURY BURY BURY
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89