Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171436 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: Curse of the Mummy.
« Reply #975 on: February 11, 2015, 06:15:37 am »

((Look, Feyri had one laser listed on the wiki.  If she also had another laser given to her at one point that was never added to the wiki, she had two lasers.  If one laser was taken, she would still have one left.  I think.  In any case it doesn't matter because the action is conditional.  If she has a laser, she will heat with it.))
((True that, I have one Laser Rifle on the wiki--I was then handed [earlier this mission] a laser from NAV--I think that's the one asked back))
((If Tir needs to be puppeted, should we send her off ahead to actually get a pair of eyes on the "Pit" ?))
[I have an MKIII and a load of will to do or die. I have also lost situational awareness partway through the thread so any info or suggestive order from an ally would be great!]

Anyone have a quick plan we can all do? This is why we need a field officer in charge!
Feyri had a momentary lapse of awareness through the sensors. A lapse of memory was also included. She did not currently notice how off her words were at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:53:30 am by Tiruin »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 11, 2015, 06:33:26 am »

Listen to intuition and look back to what we encountered; ponder upon and tell others about findings.
Errr...em...Well it seems like the big flamey thing is coming for the eater and you are pretty sure them hooking up would be bad.
((I'll assume that you lost awareness after this. Basically, everyone started burying the Eater in sand. The big fireball thing got closer and is releasing pulses of burning heat that everyone can feel through their Mk suits, which presumably is very bad. It has mile-wide unmoving "wings" of magma. People are now running away since the fireball may touch the Eater soon and there's no way in hell that they'd be able to unbury it and transport it to the destination in time, so they're hoping that they'll be able to clear whatever eldritch fuckery is presumably about to occur.

The underground duo has been exploring the chamber. It's hot enough to feel through their suits. There are crystalline protrusions. Also, the small fireballs don't really care about their presence. They took some samples. One of them is now doing a bit of !!SCIENCE!!))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 11, 2015, 07:55:41 am »

((A small correction to the above: The giant flaming thing in the sky is still very far away from you, several thousand kilometers or so. Piecewise mentioned so in the IRC, along with the fact that it's actually hot enough to atomize you through your suits, up close.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 11, 2015, 10:51:42 am »

((A small correction to the above: The giant flaming thing in the sky is still very far away from you, several thousand kilometers or so. Piecewise mentioned so in the IRC, along with the fact that it's actually hot enough to atomize you through your suits, up close.))
((See? There's still time! Let's dig this thing up and get moving!))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #979 on: February 11, 2015, 12:08:46 pm »

"Dubs, do not crawl off too far. Remember the tunnels before, with roaring, shaking and danger? More rooms mean more mysteries, though."

Examine the crystals around here (near to our entrance point) while keeping low to the ground. Take some samples of them and unusual rocks. What exactly is it that renders them special-looking?
They're special looking because they appear to be glass made via heat, but their structure and their sheer density and robustness are far beyond what simple fused silica should be able to do. In fact, just scraping samples is nearly impossible; you have to go find some shards which have already fallen off.

"Don't listen to us.  We don't know what we are doing.  Or what's going on.  Too much sand.  Not enough heat.  Yes."

Ponder mortality.  What's death going to be like?  Maybe ask a zombie.  Edit2: zombies should dig up the Eater.  Ask one zombie to try and kill the Eater if it seems possible and has been unearthed.  Go for the neck!  If someone wants to give the zombie a weapon, let em try and use it.  Should be amusing.
The zombies start digging. They may not need to dig for long, considering the fact that the sand has started to thump and flow, undulating with a powerful struggle going on under it.

You feel like death will be...boring.  Better live it up while you can.

Charge dynamic Will bonus. I'mma do shroud things.
Ok.

Run? Run!. Dig? Dig!
I'm gonna assume you're digging it up?

Follow Hapah's plan and help however I can
DIGDIGDIG
RUN!!
You turn tail and sprint away. Just fucking sprint off into the night. Fuck this, fuck that, fuck everything, goodbye.

If the fireship gets too close - Quickly dial up the stasis suit and push the stasis button.
Otherwise... help with whatever the others are doing.

DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG

Experiments to see how the fireballs react to fire.
Pour some alcohol in my hand and light it on fire. See if they react.
Activate one of my maneuvering rockets, set to low of course so I don't go cartwheeling into a wall. See if they react.
Activate my rockets. Buzz mode. see how they react.
Fly up to the hole.

If at any point the fireballs react, then stop testing fire/rockets, and use the grappling hook to get to the hole.
If at any point the Fireballs act hostile or the temperature gets too hot, then GTFO, and help Chief GTFO as well.

They react to your fire hand technique. In fact, they start moving down to investigate.

We're in the neighborhood, at least. Maybe that counts for something. In any case, let's get to it!

Start digging out the Eater. When/if we get visual, bake it a little with the laser rifle (medium power, medium-high dispersion) if it starts acting uppity. Stop if one of the mummy goons kills it.

((If Tir needs to be puppeted, should we send her off ahead to actually get a pair of eyes on the "Pit" ?))

EDIT: And conscript anyone around that isn't doing anything to help me dig this damned thing out.
DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG DGIDGIDGODGJSJHGD:OSDO:LGHSDFK:JGHSDOJHFKHNG

The panicked digging combined with the eater's own actions quickly uncovers the sarcophagus, which is somehow still intact. The entire thing is glowing and bouncing around but not breaking. It seems to be swelling up and cracking slightly though.

The fire from out of space keeps descending, and the heat in the area keeps increasing. Anyone who looks up can see more of the central body now: It's not just an undetailed sphere of fire like the others, this thing has a definite shape. You can make out two distinct body sections bridged by a thinner middle section. Any details of it are beyond your sight for the moment.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #980 on: February 11, 2015, 12:22:57 pm »

Hm. Well, if there are loose shards around, get them.

Observe how the fireballs are moving toward Dubley. Any peculiarities in their approach? How quickly are they moving? Is the movement at a constant velocity, or is acceleration visible? Do they still communicate with one another?

If they're moving toward me as well, make an exit to the icy chamber.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 11, 2015, 12:56:30 pm »

Hold the tiny statue under the shroud.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 11, 2015, 01:07:34 pm »

FuckfuckshitfuckgogoGOgofuck

If I can touch the Eater's sarcophagus without burning, grab an end and start booking it towards the Pit.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 11, 2015, 01:17:13 pm »

Get that thing moving as fast as possible.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 11, 2015, 02:37:08 pm »

Whether they're friendly or not, balls of fire moving towards me is probably not good.
Go back to the entrance. Do they follow me or do they keep going to where I lit the fire?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 11, 2015, 03:21:29 pm »

Get that thing to the pit! If a zombie attempts to kill the eater, STAY AWAY FROM EATER
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:40:02 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #986 on: February 11, 2015, 10:42:11 pm »

Zombies push!  Feyri heats!  If there is not enough light to see the next marker by, King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen screams aloud to the great green in the sky to guide them!

Edit: also, if the Eater shell is opened, zombies shall try to kill the Eater using rocks and teeth.  Surely this must succeed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:37:36 pm by Nunzillor »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 11, 2015, 10:51:22 pm »

Push quick once pushed to/into pit run away from firey death
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 11, 2015, 11:31:56 pm »

Zombies push!  Feyri heats!  If there is not enough light to see the next marker by, King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen screams aloud to the great green in the sky to guide them!
@_@

Feyri utilizes her MKIII boosters to aid in the PUSHING, and also fires to heat whilst doing that.

((Supposedly I can do both due to my stats issuing a similar degree of competence?))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #989 on: February 12, 2015, 05:02:50 am »

((Oops. I forgot to modify my last action.))

Run back and push.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 89