Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 436923 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1380 on: August 25, 2015, 04:33:47 pm »

dont tell anyone! thats what i do *ashamed* :-[
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 25, 2015, 05:11:01 pm »

Why? BECAUSE WE HAVE TWO DEPOTS. FUCK. So I ordered all the goods brought from one depot to the other.

This and the other metalworks... remember, Doomforests is not just one fort, but two.  The second metalworks was used very recently, seeing as how Shedim was camped out less than 500 urists away before that problem got resolved.  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 25, 2015, 08:31:31 pm »

I used DFhack, but it was only to clear the contaminants, as the fort was literally running at 1 fps at that time.
I'm not sure if you can use it for anything else, though, that would be cheating.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 25, 2015, 08:35:40 pm »

I'm with Mate... only to remove contaminants (and digv, where appropriate).
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 25, 2015, 08:53:03 pm »

The dwarves should be punished by having to haul everything by hand to the dump. That's what they get for being so messy. How else are they gonna learn?

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 26, 2015, 09:08:19 am »

New turn, new horizons, new ways to almost kill the fort! Onward! Keep in mind, the Crundles shall soon rule all.  8)
Not really, the caverns have been partially flooded with magma when killing the snail and the fort reaks of burnt crundle and rotten musrhoom stew.
I hope Haven is magma-proof.

:o oh snap. *shoves a towel under the door* whew!  :D I'll RP about Haven in my next post.  ;D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 26, 2015, 01:36:36 pm »

New turn, new horizons, new ways to almost kill the fort! Onward! Keep in mind, the Crundles shall soon rule all.  8)
Not really, the caverns have been partially flooded with magma when killing the snail and the fort reaks of burnt crundle and rotten musrhoom stew.
I hope Haven is magma-proof.

:o oh snap. *shoves a towel under the door* whew!  :D I'll RP about Haven in my next post.  ;D
Well, apparently the lava thing wasn't anything at all.
Although the little Forgotten Beast in the second cavern is indulging in some nice old crundle genocide, so, it's still a problem for your little pets.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 26, 2015, 04:17:10 pm »

Actually, the three FBs present when my turn started are all trapped. There are two in the second cavern - one is trapped in a tree with a broken spine and the other is trapped behind some mushrooms.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 26, 2015, 04:23:23 pm »

Although the little Forgotten Beast in the second cavern is indulging in some nice old crundle genocide, so, it's still a problem for your little pests.

FTFY

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 26, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »

I overheard some kid talking about government.

Whoa kid, calm down. You're three, you know jack shit about dwarven politics.

I noticed we don't have a real armorsmith, and I'm the best one. So I'm going to train myself by making copper leggings until I'm legendary.

The humans arrived! This time I waited to see which depot they would choose before having goods brought there. Wait... They're leaving? One of their wagons exploded? I give up.

I've noticed that we only have ~40 unoccupied coffins here. Knowing this fortress, the next overseer is going to need more. Coffin production is a go.

Literally within seconds of each other, two forgotten beasts appear in the second cavern. My bet's on Ab.

Migrants. Seven of them. Useless, the lot. More furnace operators! I've also replaced all but one of the glass furnaces with smelters. We need more.

Sodor was killing crundles and Ab showed up. Sodor won and is continuing to kill crundles. I think Drokles rigged the match, the cheating bastard. That was a salt FB with no attack! How did it win against a fleshy one! Though there are two more FBs in the second cavern, both accessible to a flier. We might have more battles yet.

Well, so much for that. A jabberer killed it.

Some planter got a fey mood and is making something out of wood. Worthless.
Half our soldiers are now weaponlords. This bodes well. I have built some coffins anyway.
That jabberer is now killing crundles.
The planter made a pomelo wood ring worth 24k. Worthless.

Oh hey, a cave croc lured one of the FBs down from its tree.

Oh hey, it's killing crundles now.

OH HEY, THE JABBERER AND FB ARE FIGHTING.

The FB won, unfortunately. That could have been awesome. The FB is bleeding pretty badly though. It's going to kill some crundles near what I have to assume is an unfinished magma piston.

WAIT WOT

ITS DUST KNOCKED IT INTO THE MAGMA HOLY SHIT

It's still falling, floating down into the fiery deeps. Its scales burn and flake away, trailing bubbles of boiling blood. The fat is next to go, melting away in flaming gobbets. Then the whole body begins to dissolve, magma working its way into every crack and crevice as the beasts's eternal life finally ceases.

Maybe crundles aren't so bad after all.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 26, 2015, 06:26:38 pm »

Have I been dorfed yet? I have no preferences re. gender or profession, I just want in on this :D

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 26, 2015, 07:03:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I nominate you 'Least Likely Dwarf to Go Crazy'. You have the lowest stress in the fort.

EDIT: The dwarven caravan arrived. What should I order from the liaison? Lye?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:11:36 pm by TheFlame52 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 26, 2015, 07:17:26 pm »

EDIT: The dwarven caravan arrived. What should I order from the liaison? Lye?
...Steel things?

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 26, 2015, 08:57:10 pm »

See? Even demonic creatures forgotten millenia ago and cave birds hate crundles.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 26, 2015, 10:32:49 pm »

See? Even demonic creatures forgotten millenia ago and cave birds hate crundles.

You-grr......  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 144