Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3479 3480 [3481] 3482 3483 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5936402 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #52200 on: May 19, 2018, 01:12:52 pm »

That is weird. Not only I do not think that salt dissolving in water was implemented, also there are only 4.5 stati that prevent moving.

Webbed
Wrestling
Unconscious/resting/sleeping
Dead

Of course, high levels of pain or exertion lead to unconsciousness, but it is the unconsciousness that prevents action. Also FBs feel neither.

Even if you have your upper spine torn, you can move. You will suffocate soon (if you need to breathe), but you can move.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #52201 on: May 19, 2018, 02:50:03 pm »

stati

((I think the plural is "states", not "stati".

I wish it were stati, though. Latinate endings are cool.))

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52202 on: May 19, 2018, 03:09:46 pm »

stati

((I think the plural is "states", not "stati".

I wish it were stati, though. Latinate endings are cool.))
in german, it's status and stati, as with modus and modi or pizzum and pizza.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #52203 on: May 19, 2018, 05:10:14 pm »

I've got a troglodyte and giant cave swallow trapped in cave traps, ready for training (in the case of the swallow) and various unethical uses (in the case of the troglodyte.)
Unfortunately, the cage traps in question are quite far away from the stairs. I'm debating whether it's safe to send someone after them.

EDIT:
One of my miners has given birth. I feel absurdly proud.

And... oh. It seems the mother is only fifteen years old.

FURTHER EDIT:
I prepared myself to be further disturbed when I checked the husband's age. Fortunately, though, he is fifteen as well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:39:37 pm by Eschar »

Goodguy3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52204 on: May 20, 2018, 07:00:47 am »

The Goblins seem to be the majority population of the current world I'm playing, as in, they outnumber the dwarfs, humans, and elves combined at least 2 to 1. THough I have to wonder, because a lot of the invasion forces I've had to deal with have included a LOT of elves and humans, if much of that goblin civ is even actually goblins.

When the fort I'm running became a mountain home the King arrived: https://i.imgur.com/WXFWu1d.png, which gave me a little chuckle.

Sadly though my game seems to be crashing constantly now, I think it's happening when my dispatched squads are returning from the mission I sent them on. I can't seem to locate a fix, so I'll probably have to retire this fortress or something.
It was a few moments later that my brain supplied the information that it might actually be the name for a male Ostrich..

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52205 on: May 20, 2018, 07:23:52 am »

The Goblins seem to be the majority population of the current world I'm playing, as in, they outnumber the dwarfs, humans, and elves combined at least 2 to 1. THough I have to wonder, because a lot of the invasion forces I've had to deal with have included a LOT of elves and humans, if much of that goblin civ is even actually goblins.

When the fort I'm running became a mountain home the King arrived: https://i.imgur.com/WXFWu1d.png, which gave me a little chuckle.

Sadly though my game seems to be crashing constantly now, I think it's happening when my dispatched squads are returning from the mission I sent them on. I can't seem to locate a fix, so I'll probably have to retire this fortress or something.
The more goblins there are, the more goblin snatchers there are. The more the goblins expand, the more chance of survivors not being made into grisly structures there is. I've got two snatcher civs living next door to each other in one of my worlds, very hard to tell which is which just scanning the populations. They've been stealing each other for centuries.

Regarding your raid crashes, almost all have been fixed by ver 44.10. If you're playing an earlier version, you could try upgrading (or perhaps wait for 44.11 when stress will be toned down a little).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:26:29 am by Shonai_Dweller »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #52206 on: May 20, 2018, 08:44:46 am »

EDIT:

FURTHER EDIT:
I prepared myself to be further disturbed when I checked the husband's age. Fortunately, though, he is fifteen as well.
Dwarves are fully adult at 12. These two are the dwarven equivalent of 23, a perfectly reasonable age to have children.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52207 on: May 20, 2018, 08:56:22 am »

EDIT:

FURTHER EDIT:
Dwarves are fully adult at 12. These two are the dwarven equivalent of 23, a perfectly reasonable age to have children.
And considering the 'medieval' type setting, 15 would be considered perfectly reasonable by humans too.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52208 on: May 20, 2018, 09:40:38 am »

Think something is bugged, as a bunch of dwarves in one area all got a "horrified after seeing Adil something or other die" but they were nowhere near Adil, who was stuck in a tree (also, mauled by a tree coyote, which isn't really relevant but still interesting) on the other side of the map

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52209 on: May 20, 2018, 10:09:32 am »

They were watching it using the security cameras. How do you think you could see it?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52210 on: May 20, 2018, 11:14:51 am »

almost secured the first cavern layer, almost finished the open 48x48 shaft when first a giant arrives, followed by an ettin and finally two FBs shortly after eachother. the latter is now sitting on a black cap and waits.

EDIT: The FB spew it's fire everywhere and the last 10 of over 60 dorfs ran for their lifes.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:50:25 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52211 on: May 20, 2018, 12:31:00 pm »

Okay, so now it seems at least SOME of the dwarves can see EVERY corpse on the map, even though some are in the caverns and most are in a separate area with a door blocking it

EoZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52212 on: May 20, 2018, 02:56:01 pm »

Well, I doubt it could have been any bug with it stopping right next to the edge of the lake. When I checked its upper body was red.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52213 on: May 20, 2018, 05:38:08 pm »

New fort. Volcano embark, part evil. Putrid mucus giving people blisters and bad thoughts all the time.

Somehow ran out of food and the caravan hasn't shown up for two years. I'm pretty sure my civilization is still around, but I have had problems with merchants dropping large amounts of goods in the snot for my dwarves to reclaim later. That have something to to with it?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52214 on: May 20, 2018, 05:50:22 pm »

Baby in hand, the stressed out mayor was suddenly struck by a mood. She claimed a tanner's workshop and muttered something about needing 'certain items...'.

Was worried for a moment, but luckily the mounds of dead flesh in the butcher's shop and scattered around the weapon traps satisfied her needs and she produced a creepy-crawler skin amulet, menacing with spikes of human bone. Baby survived (for now).
Pages: 1 ... 3479 3480 [3481] 3482 3483 ... 3838