Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 849240 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #5670 on: September 05, 2018, 10:43:57 am »

Jakiro Jakiro

I never really knew that he could burn like this
He makes a man want to speak Spanish
Estás en fuego (sí)
Consuelo (sí)
Mi taco (Jakiro Jakiro), se frío

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: September 05, 2018, 09:43:22 pm »

Shhh guys, I want to do something silly
So there are three of us players in the insane vampire-ghoul Mythos campaign, and we have a private (but not secret) skype chat for lore discussion and decision making.  It was the GM's suggestion, in fact.
Well, we just had a google docs vote, with one of the player's absent.  It currently stands at 2 Aye, out of 3 votes.  We can both see the result, but we've got a democracy meme going on (last time they both voted in my absence, and I voted along so "my voice would be heard").

Thing is, Vaarsuvius made it anonymous for funsies.

*Poll removed so the GM doesn't see it*
Hehe thanks guys.  The other players figured out what I did, since I've linked this thread a lot, but it was a laugh.  We're definitely doing the plan, of course.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 09:39:42 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: September 06, 2018, 03:21:32 pm »

Got an idea for an assassin type character today for 5e. Rogue with a 2 level dip into MFoVs homebrew Vermin Lord Druid. Only turns into raven swarms, goes by the name Conspiracy. Is an anarchist or meritocrat who uses their raven form and general skillset to undermine the authority of the inherited nobility while working for them as a hired killer. Enjoys using snarky bird puns.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: September 06, 2018, 03:35:08 pm »

A murder most fowl doubles as a crow/raven pun btw.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: September 06, 2018, 04:48:02 pm »

Nah, make them look like literal load-bearing pillars, but twisted in a way that's impossible to describe. They hold up reality in a way that makes sense when you look at it, and then stops making sense when you're not.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: September 06, 2018, 04:56:52 pm »

A murder most fowl doubles as a crow/raven pun btw.
Triples as one, even.

So, Halflings can reroll critically failed saving throws/attack rolls, Divine Soul Sorcerers can add 2d4 to failed saving throws/attack rolls... How many more reroll traits can you stack onto a single character? I'm just imagining this character that launches themselves into ridiculous situations and gets by on fudging every roll thrown at them.

RE: Pillars. There are precedents in various other stories, a few mythologies have pillars of some sort that hold up the world in either metaphorical or literal fashion. Throw a bone the way of Nüwa and give a pillar the foot of a turtle. Or just check out Blood Omen's Pillars of Nosgoth. I'unno.

Could also start with some architectural keystones if you really wanna get a blatant metaphorical boner.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: September 06, 2018, 05:24:55 pm »

Anyone got any ideas to kind of differentiate them from the bog standard artefact of doom? Presently I've settled on their appearance being that of some colour-changing, fluctuating, writhing mass (Or, rather, that's how people interpret it. It's a knot in reality, if people could really perceive it for what it was their brain would break trying to understand how the fuck such a thing could exist, leaving them either amnesic of the thing or a gibbering lunatic), but beyond that I've not got a lot.
A 4-dimensional tesseract?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: September 06, 2018, 05:32:30 pm »

Why not make them look like fairly nondescript objects associated with each of the dead gods? Reality is composed of fundamental ideals and concepts each of which is embodied by a specific artifact that is the deepest core of the thing that the gods used as the underpinnings of the world.

Like the war god anchored reality with a wooden club, the most stripped down and basic weapon and it now serves as the physical manifestation of the very concept of war. The god of life left behind a simple plant like a fern, the god of water a small stone basin of water, that sort of thing.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: September 06, 2018, 05:42:07 pm »

the god of water a small stone basin of water, that sort of thing.
Or just a chunk of ice, if'n you really wanna get primordial.

...just so long as they don't have to somehow lasso a particular cloud of water vapor or such.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: September 06, 2018, 05:52:09 pm »

Anyone got any ideas to kind of differentiate them from the bog standard artefact of doom? Presently I've settled on their appearance being that of some colour-changing, fluctuating, writhing mass (Or, rather, that's how people interpret it. It's a knot in reality, if people could really perceive it for what it was their brain would break trying to understand how the fuck such a thing could exist, leaving them either amnesic of the thing or a gibbering lunatic), but beyond that I've not got a lot.

A simple toothpick in a sandwich.  The sandwich is magical, bites taken out of it regrow after a while, and a bite is delightful and feeds you for the day.  Eating or otherwise damaging the sandwich causes some calamity in some far-off place in the universe seemingly at random, not that a mere mortal handling the sandwich would know.  Removing the toothpick from the sandwich causes the sandwich to fall apart.  This is bad.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: September 06, 2018, 07:00:30 pm »

Given the omniversal nature of the sandwich, I shudder to imagine the combination of flavours contained within it.

Of course, if it's from 3.5e, it could always be a Psionic Sandwich.

Spoiler: Psionic Sandwich (click to show/hide)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: September 06, 2018, 07:56:25 pm »

My D&D group is doing its own take on West Marches now. Got a full table? Use one of your main characters. Got three or so players? B Team time. Lower-level, takes care of things that need to be done but are kind of below the mains.

I don't yet know what my main is going to be but I read some guy's character description on Reddit and knew I had to modify the idea a bit for my B Team character.

So picture this. Bald guy. Pristine white clothing. Somewhat buff. Some enemy stabs a hole in his/an ally's shirt? He rages out, slaughters the bastard, and then mends/prestidigitates everything once he calms down. I need to come up with a punny name based on "Mr. Clean". Wizard (or sorc or cleric or bard or... warlock?) 1/Barbarian X. All I need is two cantrips and then a whole bunch of anger.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:02:17 pm by Mephisto »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: September 06, 2018, 08:02:42 pm »

Sorceror would be good flavor-wise, though a warlock might be best mechanically. Heh. I've heard things scale off character level on the warlock.

Hilarious idea though, reminds me of the concept I had of a monk being strong enough to punch someone hard enough to literally impale them on their fingers and hold them in place.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: September 06, 2018, 10:35:42 pm »

Or make a Muscle Wizard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: September 06, 2018, 11:04:08 pm »

All I need is two cantrips and then a whole bunch of anger.
If all you need is two cantrips, consider taking the Magic Initiate feat rather than multiclassing fully.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 623